Vacancy title: Senior Accountant ( Logistics & Mining)[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Consulting , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:Brilliance Executive Management Consultancy
Deadline of this Job:
Saturday, June 03 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, May 25 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Chief Accountant will drive the financial processes to generate reliable, transparent, and timely information needed by the organization to manage its resources and the funds entrusted to it by its donors and partners, thereby generating ongoing confidence. Lead, coach, and supervise general accounting processing, ensuring timely and accurate accounting information and reporting to the office to the relevant internal and external stakeholders.
Summary of Key Responsibilities;
• Ensure cost recoveries are done, recorded, and compiled according to Organisation’s standards and policies, and provide monthly reports on the status of cost recovery.
• Maintaining the fixed asset register. Liaising with management information system on system analysis and ensuring all asset movements are recorded and register updated in a timely manner
• Ensure the reliability of accounting and tax information by implementing appropriate procedures, checks, and performance indicators.
• Ensure financial compliance with all relevant laws and regulations e.g. Tax laws. Oversee the timely preparation of the company’s tax returns and other statutory deductions.
• Hold periodic reviews with the Finance Manager in reviewing the current financial situation and prepare further financial analysis if requested.
• Preparation of reports to the local authorities as needed
• Support and input to year-end budget planning
• Ensure stock control within the company, i.e., stock reconciliations, stock takes, and stock gains/losses monitoring.
• Reconciling the daily banking against receipts raised by noon each day,
clearing receipts & payments in the system, reporting on the bounced cheques to the cashier, and credit control for reversal within the same working day.
• Supervise and coach the accounting team, and establishes and coordinate work plans for the team.
• Ensure all balance sheet accounts are clean, accurate, and cleared in a timely manner
• Ensure that recommendations on cost reallocation and correction journals on awards are posted timely
• Attendance in projects inception or awards start-up meetings or matters concerning general accounting as and when required.
• Following up and ensuring payments to suppliers are done in the Bank and in Oracle on a timely basis within the next working day from the time we receive the payment from Financial
• Carry out account Receivables (account analysis,
credit/debit notes, communication, and staff accounts) and ensure no long-outstanding balances.
• Develop and check that the
Company’s accounting procedures and principles are regular updated in line with changes in company policies and IFRS and that these are correctly applied
• Attendance in project review meetings to highlight accounting-related matters as and when required
• Develop and streamline effective and efficient internal working procedures with the General accounting unit.
• Enter adjustments, review all reconciliations and account analysis including bank reconciliations.
• Implement audit recommendations in relation to general accounting issues in a timely manner.
• Ensure that proper month-end closure procedures for the finance department including accurate booking of incomes and expenses in the Oracle system are done by the 5th of the subsequent month.
Required Skills and Attributes
• Have good written and verbal communications skills
• Strong business acumen and proven drive for results
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Good negotiation skills.
• Excellent analytical problem-solving skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong team player with the ability to work in virtual teams.
Qualifications and Experience
• Full Professional Accounting Qualification (CA Zambia, ACCA, or CIMA)
• A degree in Accounting or Finance will be a plus
• Must have at least a minimum of 7-8 years of progressive experience in accounting and finance with a Multinational Company
• Strong understanding of financial markets, financial instruments, and Zambian tax law and regulations.
• Excellent financial reporting and analysis skills with a strong grasp of technical accounting standards (IFRS)
• Hands-on knowledge of the major Oracle, ERP software, and advanced Excel would be a distinct advantage
• Must be a member of ZICA
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you meet the minimum hiring requirements for the above position, please email your CV and Cover letter clearly stating your salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy in email@example.com
Note that, all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence. If you do not receive communication within 21 working days of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
DO NOT SEND CERTIFICATES AT THIS STAGE
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.