Jobs at:SOS Children's Villages
Deadline of this Job:
14 January 2022
Date Posted: Sunday, January 09, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
SOS Children’s Villages Zambia is a child focused organization and an affiliate of the SOS Children Villages International. It is a non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational, and non-racial organization. Its overall mission is to build families for children in need, help them shape their own futures and share in the development of their communities.
In order to fulfil the above mandate, the organization wishes to recruit for the positions of Senior Accountant and is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following positions.
Position Title: Senior Accountant (1)
Reporting to: Financial Controller
Duty Station: Lusaka
Purpose of the Job
The Senior Accountant is responsible for supervising all financial and administrative activity within the SOS Children’s Village Facilities, ensuring that all financial and administrative policies, procedures and controls are followed.
• Review all the payments from various Facilities, Departments and Locations and endorse the Vouchers before forwarding them for approval.
• Review accounting data batched from all programme locations before posting into the accounting system.
• Check monthly Bank Reconciliation Statements from all programmes and sign them off and follow up all the unpresented cheques and uncredited receipts to ensure that they are dealt with accordingly.
• Technically and administratively supervise National Office Accountant, Assistant Accountant and finance staff in programme locations
• Ensure all programmes are compliant with donor requirements as well as SOS Children’s villages Zambia finance policies and procedures
• Offer technical support and advice to all location programme managers and staff
• Take lead in implementation of internal controls, procedures and propose new guidelines where necessary
• Support the Financial Controller in ensuring that the Organisation maintains a healthy liquidity position.
• Support the location programme managers in ensuring that asset register is updated regularly in all programme locations
• Preparation of monthly, quarterly and year end income and expenditure reports (Management Accounts) together with variance analysis.
• Supports the Financial Controller in review of donor financial reports and ensures timely submission of the same.
• Preparation of the organisation monthly payroll and maintain an updated monthly payroll files.
• Ensure that all statutory requirements are incorporated into the Organisation payroll as well as all other payment procedures.
• Support the Financial Controller in ensuring that all statutory returns are filed in time and in the manner prescribed by law.
• Prepare and arrange for External Audit and ensure that audit issues are attended to in time.
• Work very closely with Financial Controller in the preparation and consolidation of the Organisation budget, annual Financial Statements, Budgetary controls and reconciliations.
• Support the financial controller with treasury and forex management.
• Reviews the monthly income and expenditure statements of all the programmes with Financial Controller bringing to his/her attention any irregularities.
• Attend departmental meetings and assist with general managerial duties as required.
• Take part in any legal and approved fundraising activities aimed at enhancing financial resources of the organization.
• Assist the Senior Management team in all NA financial issues requiring technical knowledge and help
• Support the Financial Controller in formulation and implementation of a strategy for the Finance department
• To carry out any other legal duties assigned by the Financial Controller or National Director
1. Full Grade 12 School Certificate with a minimum of five credits and mathematics as one of the credits.
2. Degree in Accounting or higher, ACCA Level III or equivalent.
1. A minimum of 5 years in a similar position with proven experience with supervision 3 of which should be in an NGO set up
2. Experience in dealing with multi-funding from donors is desired.
Other competencies and requirements
1. Proficiency in DOVE payroll, Microsoft Excel and working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics -NAVISION will be an added advantage.
2. Fully paid up member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA).
3. Should be a team player with leadership skills, integrity, progressive and un-blemish track record, very innovative and an effective communicator.
All applicants for the above positions should be Child Friendly.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 14 January, 2022.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
You can email your application letter and CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please DO NOT email academic and professional certificates as they will only be required during the interviews to the applicants who will be responded to.
SOS Children`s Villages Zambia is an equal opportunity employee.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.