Social Behavior Change and Communications Strategy (SBCC) Development Consultant
Jobs at:TetraTech/ARD Inc.
Deadline of this Job:
21 January 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 12, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Title: Social Behavior Change and Communications Strategy (SBCC) Development Consultant
The USAID Zambia Alternatives to Charcoal (A2C) Activity implemented by Tetra Tech/ARD works to reduce urban consumption of charcoal in Zambia and catalyze the increased use of low emissions Alternative Technologies and Fuels (ATFs) through innovation and increased private sector engagement to reduce deforestation and greenhouse gas emissions.
A2C has a target of reaching a minimum of 3 million people over the life of the project (2021-2026) by changing social behavior and perceptions to increase consumer use of alternative fuels and technologies through Social Behavior Change and Communications (SBCC) campaigns, advertisements, events and other related outreach programs. The project supports low emission alternatives to charcoal including electricity, liquified petroleum gas (LG), biogas, low emission biomass (pellets) and ethanol. The project’s target audiences are urban consumers in Lusaka, Ndola and Solwezi.
A2C is currently seeking the services of an individual consultant to develop and test a SBCC strategy for the life of the project.
Schedule: Level of effort for the assignment is 50 days to be completed between February 1 and April 12 2022.
Education and Experience
• A graduate degree in communications or social sciences.
• A minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience in leading the design and development of SBCC strategies.
• Evidence of conducting similar work with reputable international development- organizations. Experience with USAID projects is highly preferred.
• Skills in developing community-driven campaigns and/or messages that easily result in community buy-in.
• Familiarity with Zambian culture and languages.
• Extensive understanding of gender issues, particularly in development communication.
• Familairty with clean energy, cooking fuels and technologies highly preferred.
• Experience conducting Focus Group Discussions and monitoring and evaluation related to social and behavior change.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please submit a CV and three (3) professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org Kindly note that the deadline for submission of required documents is 21 January 10:00hrs. Submission of applications should ONLY be by email. Physical follow ups or phone calls are not allowed.
Submission of a full application is in no circumstance a commitment to hiring.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.