Temporary Accounts Executive
Deadline of this Job:
31 January 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 26, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Temporary Accounts Executive
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining technical excellence, professional project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and host-country governments.
1. Project Background:
The Scaling Up Nutrition Program is a cross-ministry and multi-donor program to reduce stunting in Zambia through implementation of the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ) 1,000 Most Critical Days Program.
SUN TA will provide support and direct technical assistance to sub-national local government departments in target districts to plan, implement, coordinate, and monitor integrated nutrition-sensitive and nutrition-specific activities to reduce the rate of stunting among Zambian children under two and improve the nutritional status of pregnant and lactating mothers. USAID has identified two main objectives that address stunting, including (1) Adequate Quantity and Quality of Dietary Intake among Target Groups; and (2) Adequate Health Conditions for Biological Utilization of Nutrients. SUN TA interventions will increase access and availability of safe, diverse, nutritious food; adoption of better child feeding and household hygiene practices; and access to improved health, water and sanitation services. The project will prioritize sustainability by improving intra-household joint decision making and building the capacity of local government and their stakeholders to ensure coordination, accountability, and learning, following the Scaling Up Nutrition model.
2. Location: Lusaka, Zambia
The Temporary Accounts Executive will help the Finance Office team ensure that financial transaction documentation is complete, accurate and that they are kept in an Audit Ready manner.
4. Tasks and Responsibilities:
• The Temporary Accounts Executive will supervise a team of Filing Interns to make sure that all SUN TA financial documents in the Lusaka office are filed (both hard and soft copies) in a sequential manner from the inception of the SUN TA Project in February 2019 till date.
• Ensure that each voucher is adequately supported by appropriate original documents and reports
• Ensure that each voucher is properly signed off by the appropriate supervisor
• Ensure that all financial documents are kept in an Audit Ready manner
• Performs other financial tasks assigned by the Finance Team which are consistent with his/her qualifications, this Scope of Work and the general requirements of the project.
• Maintains a good knowledge and understanding of the filing policies and procedures as set forth in the SUN TA Field Operations Policy Manual.
5. Reporting, Duration and Supervision:
• The Temporary Accounts Executive will be based in Lusaka and will report to the Finance Manager. The position will be required for 3 months.
• Fully qualified ACCA, ZCAS or equivalent.
• Audit experience preferred
• At least 5 years post qualification experience in auditing or financial management.
• Experience working with international NGOs or donors, such as USAID-funded projects (preferred).
• Experience using Microsoft Excel (required)
• Demonstrated honesty, trustworthiness initiative and self-motivation in handling all assigned tasks.
• Fluency in English is required
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.