USAID-SDHP Finance Officer
Jobs at:Young Women's Christian Association (YWCA)
Deadline of this Job:
03 December 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, December 02, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
USAID-SDHP Finance Officer
YWCA seeks a dynamic and highly experienced candidate for the position of Finance Officer to be based in Lusaka. S/he will assist the Project Accountant in the financial management of the project. S/he will also work closely with the programs team for effective program coordination. This position will report to the Project Accountant.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Preparation of project budgets and cash flows in liaison with the Project Accountant.
• Preparation of payments and ensuring that all project statutory obligations are met in a timely manner.
• Adherence to accounting standards and internal controls to ensure that all financial transactions are accurate, complete and charged to respective budget lines.
• Ensure costs are acceptable per USG regulations
• Preparation of cashbooks and bank reconciliations and any other reports in PASTEL accounting system.
• Review imprest retirements in a timely manner
• Maintenance of project inventory and asset register.
• Assist in the facilitation of project and organizational Audits.
• Any other duties assigned by the Project Accountant and Finance Manager
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent analytical skills with ability to detect and report inconsistencies
• Conscientious, accurate and thorough with great attention to detail
• Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethic
• Proactive, resourceful and results-oriented
• Good Multi-tasking skills
• Proficiency in PASTEL accounting package
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment
• Competence in Office packages
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
Required Academic Qualifications and Experience:
• Full ACCA/ CIMA / CA with 3 years demonstrated work experience in accounting in a USAID donor funded environment
• Degree in accounting with at least five years’ work experience in accounting in a donor funded environment.
• Paid up member of ZICA
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply; however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please email application letter and detailed CV with day-time telephone number(s) to: The Executive Director, P.O. Box 50015, Plot 7391, Nationalist Road, Lusaka or Email to: Ywcanationalrecruitment21@gmail.com by COB Friday 3rd December 2021.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.