Jobs at:Plan International
Deadline of this Job:
14 February 2020
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 11, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non governmental organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. Child protection is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and capacity building programmes focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has programme areas (PAs) in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including in Lusaka, where the Country Office is located.
We are looking for experienced, vibrant and self-starters to fill the following position:
Accounts Assistant- 2 Years Contract (Central Program Area)
The Accounts Assistant’s main role is to perform various accounting responsibilities and provide all necessary financial information of the Program Unit. The incumbent works within the set framework and refers all decisions to the Finance and Administration Coordinator and may also work with the Finance Officer. This position is a support position that enables the Programs to achieve their results by providing necessary finance support. The position reports to the Finance and Administration Coordinator.
• Preparation of payments and cash receipts.
• Preparation of cheques/transfers based on complete and accurately coded payment packages
• Coordination of banking activities for the Program Unit to ensure accountability for all banking transactions done for the Program Unit
• Work with Bank agents to ensure cash payments are available as required.
• Make payments of allowances during workshops and trainings.
• Prepare bank reconciliations to ensure that bank balances are in line with cash book balances.
• Filling all financial records to ensure easy access and for record keeping enabling easy referencing by the auditors and any external use required
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Minimum of Certificate in Accounting
• Higher National Diploma in Accounting or equivalent qualification will be an added advantage
• 2 years’ experience in a similar role in an NGO environment
• Trustworthy and reliable
• Proficient in computer skills and use of relevant accounting packages
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All applications close Friday 14th February, 2020. Please send an email to email@example.com. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
All Applications should be addressed to;
The Country Human Resource Manager
Plan International Zambia
Private Bag 518X
Plot 87A Kabulonga road
We provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organizational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion while supporting staff to adopt good practice, positive attitudes and principles of gender equality and inclusion.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.