- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Advocacy and Communications Director
Jobs at:World Vision
Deadline of this Job:
02 March 2020
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 25, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Purpose of the Position
To provide overall leadership to the Advocacy & Communications department in support of WV Zambia’s National Office strategy, objectives and aspirations. Develop an integrated Advocacy & Communications implementation plan that strongly positions WV Zambia’s “voice,” policy positions, reputation, and influence to internal and external stakeholders (government, media, private sector, academia, health/water/education/livelihoods sectors, non-governmental organizations and the WVI Partnership). Communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality spiritual life that is an example to others. .
Advocacy and External Engagement
• Lead Advocacy campaigns on behalf of World Vision, with particular focus on “It Takes a World to End Violence Against Children,” including the continued roll out of WV Zambia’s campaign theme of “Ending Child Marriage.” These should be in alignment with World Vision’s global campaign, zonal themes as well as be integrated with other sectoral and programme activities and should be especially integrated and aligned with local fundraising (Resource Acquisition department).
• Lead World Vision Zambia’s national government engagement, representing WV Zambia in key internal and external forums, with a particular focus on Ministry of Gender, Ministry of Education, and key UN agencies as well as national and international NGOs. This engagement should be done with analysis of current government policies, spending, partner engagement with a plan/strategy to change some of the policies, resourcing, and/or implementation.
• Ensure successful implementation of Social Accountability programming, using World Vision’s Citizen Voice and Action (CVA) methodology. This must be co-owned with the Integrated Programs department. Enhance local-to-national links for evidence-based advocacy by drawing upon evidence from data generated through Citizen Voice and Action methodology.
• Ensure that Zambia influence and participate effectively in cross-sector regional, partnerships and multi-stakeholder platforms for child well-being in line with the new opportunities of the SDGs.
• Provide oversight and support to the development and implementation of external engagement plans at zonal levels to ensure consistency and coordination. These should be included in the annual operational plans of programs and thus should be coordinated with Integrated Programs departmental leadership
. • Ensure humanitarian advocacy is supported, activity is integrated at all levels, and includes appropriate focus on child protection, protection of civilians, protection of humanitarian access, etc.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
1. Master’s Degree or higher in Advocacy, Communications, Public Relations or related field preferred.
2. Minimum of 10 years of experience in advocacy or international communications in a leadership role; with experience in leading and managing teams.
3. Strategy development, business plan execution, and project implementation.
4. Government engagement leading to change or improved execution of government policies.
5. Experience in leading the development of a wide array of communication materials such as publications, video segments, web and other modern media.
6. Expert level understanding of Child Rights Policy, Sustainable Development Goals and Convention on the rights of the Child.
7. Significant field experience and understanding in International Development and /or Humanitarian context.
8. Fully member of the Public Relations/Journalism/media coordinating body in Zambia, as required.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
https://careers.wvi.org/jobs/zambia/advocacy/advocacy-and-communications-director/14467 Click here to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.