- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Jobs at:People In Need
Deadline of this Job:
24 February 2020
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 11, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
People in Need (PIN) is a non-governmental, non-profit organization with the headquarters in Prague, Czech Republic, providing humanitarian assistance and development aid all over the world. For more information, please see www.peopleinneed.cz
Our mission is to support and improve the livelihood of vulnerable people. We strive for open, informed, engaged and responsible society that would be able to address problems at home as well as in the world. We want to actively participate in shaping a society where cultural, ethnic, racial and other differences are a source of enrichment rather than conflict.
In 2017, PIN opened an office in Mongu which is focusing on implementing a multi-sectoral development and emergency programmes in agriculture, energy, nutrition, food security, WASH, saving groups, maternal and child health.
PIN is an Equal Opportunities Employer
1.2. Description of the Role
People in Need is a growing and ambitious organisation. The quality of our programmes and our impact for vulnerable population is built upon effective management and technical knowhow.
PIN is currently looking for a qualified Distribution Officer to support PIN Emergency Seed Distribution project implemented through PIN partner the Zambian Red Cross Society (ZRCS).
Distribution officer will be responsible for overall supervision of distribution processes on the ground from loading/unloading of non-food items through preparation and management of distribution sites to maintenance of distribution documentation. S/he will report directly to Programme Manager and work closely with Supply Chain Assistant and partner (if applicable) to ensure distributions comply with PIN and donor’s guidelines and procedures. Together with Supply Chain Assistant, the Distribution Officer will ensure the implementation of PIN warehousing and stock management policies and assists with administrative tasks. S/he will coordinate and/or supervise all distribution activities with PIN’s project partner and liaise with beneficiaries, community representatives and other stakeholders present at distribution sites. .
• Support, liaise and coordinate with Logistics and Supply Chain Assistant on warehouse management, including administration, stock maintenance and warehouse tracking updates
• Assists with safe stacking of all materials in the warehouse according to PIN standards
• Assists with safe receipt, storage, picking and packing of all incoming goods
• Ensures the required caseload is prepared for distribution in advance and as instructed (i.e. adequate packaging)
• Ensures loading and unloading of delivered and distributed items
• Prepares and manages distribution of emergency seeds and fertilisers to target communities
• Loads and unloads items to and from transportation vehicles and keeps record in case items get damaged or lost during transportation
• Coordinates with partner’s management and distribution team during the entire process
• Prepares distribution sites and ensures complaint response mechanism and appropriate visibility signs are in place
• Liaises with beneficiaries, community representatives and other stakeholders present at the distribution site
• Manages the crowd at distribution site, ensures necessary information flows between all parties and acts to avoid/resolve any disputes
• Ensures all distribution paperwork is diligently completed and submitted to Supply Chain Assistant (in case of good receipt or delivery notes) or Programme Manager (in case of distribution protocols)
• Coordinates with Monitoring team on distribution and post-distribution monitoring
• Performs additional tasks as requested by Line Manager
Job Skills: Not Specified
Work Experience and Knowledge
• Tertiary education (university/college degree in Administration, Economy, Nutrition, Agriculture or other relevant field)
• Minimum three years of professional working experience after graduation
• Experience in distribution of food and non-food items to vulnerable communities
• Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and under time pressure
• Sound knowledge of distribution, logistics and operation processes
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English and Silozi Language
• Proactive attitude and problem-solving skills
• Knowledge of emergency response and non-profit sector is a plus
• Commitment to humanitarian principles, PIN Key Policies and Code of Conduct
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Please submit your application including a detailed CV (Max 2pages), copies of academic credentials/certificates, salary expectation and other data by filling in the form found on this link: www.airtable.com/shr2iXg36zD4Zm1nB
Deadline for application submission: February 24, 2020, at 12:00 pm (noon) (Zambian time)
People in Need HR will contact only the shortlisted candidates.
Interviews will be held between February 26-28 in PIN Mongu Office (Plot No41,President Avenue, 3060, Mongu, Western Province, Zambia)
If selected for interviews, the candidates will be expected to complete a short-written assessment test before the formal interview.
Any offer made will be conditional on receipt of 2 or more favourable reference(s) (from your most recent employers, any other previous employers and a character reference)..
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.