Deadline of this Job: 05 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
Ashford Academy is a member of the Rhodes Park Schools Group, the leading private education provider in Zambia. Ashford Academy is a co-educational boarding and day school that commenced operations in January 2022, starting with Grades Eight, Ten, and Eleven classes.
Founded on solid values, Ashford Academy is focused on empowering learners with a desire for lifelong learning that thoroughly develops them into skilled problem solvers, confident collaborators, responsible citizens, and critical thinkers motivated to excel in a changing and uncertain global economy.
Setup on a 30-hectare estate, ideal for an engaging extra-curricular offering, Ashford Academy offers learners a flexible and balanced curriculum that provides them with options in the National pathway (Zambia Basic Education Course) and the International pathway through Cambridge IGCSE.
We aim to empower all learners with a world-class academic foundation and character education, challenging them to set high expectations for themselves beyond secondary education.
Our philosophy recognises each learner’s individuality in our teaching and learning as a premise for producing a holistic education that complements their talents, experiences, love for learning, and interests.
As an equal opportunity employer, Ashford Academy requires the services of a suitably qualified individual who is well-motivated and results-driven to be appointed in the position of French & English Language Teacher or French (added advantage) & any other social science Teacher – Secondary Section.
Ngwerere Road, 6 Miles Area
Knowledge, experience & personal competencies
• Full Grade 12 certificate with 5 Credit or better;
• A Secondary Teacher’s diploma in French and English with 2 years working experience in a reputable School. A Bachelor’s Degree will be an added advantage;
• Qualified teacher registered and licensed with The Teaching Council of Zambia (TCZ)
• Must be familiar with the school pathways of Examinations Councils of Zambia (ECZ) and Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE)
• A creative and enthusiastic approach both in and out of the classroom
• Good communication skills, both oral and written
• Good administrative and interpersonal skills
• Strong critical thinking, problem-solving skills
• Must hold high levels of integrity and professionalism
• Flexible & Transparent
• Must be computer literate
Deadline of this Job: 01 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
Main Duties And Responsibilities
• Develops strategies to teach course content for the entire term/semester including instructional objectives, assignments, textbooks, weight of grades and delivery methods.
• Develops and provides to students, approved Northrise University syllabi and modules that follow a template established by the University, which includes terminal course objectives.
• Organizes, prepares and regularly revises and updates all course materials.
• Incorporates higher-level learning (i.e. application, analysis, synthesis and evaluation) by giving students opportunities to develop information literacy and problem-solving skills, and by connecting their current study to lab assignments and previous/future study in the related disciplines.
• Adheres to University policies regarding disciplinary problems, including plagiarism or cheating.
• Models exceptional verbal and written communication.
• Organizes and sequences topics in a logical progression and paces the delivery to meet the needs of the class.
• Utilizes educational technology (such as PowerPoint, remote access to syllabi and grades, classroom projection systems, online courses or course components with interactive capabilities) to enhance learning.
• Establishes positive classroom relationships with students by being actively engaged in the classroom and lab. Provides opportunities for in-class discussions and questions and displays enthusiasm about the students, the subject matter, and the learning process.
• Treats students’ academic needs seriously by being accessible for academic consultation before or after class, via phone or e-mail.
• Creates an interactive classroom environment.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Master’s degree in information technology, or related field.
Work Experience Requirements
• At least two years college-level teaching and industry experience.
Deadline of this Job: 31 August 2022JOB DETAILS:
Zambia Daily Mail Limited, an equal opportunity employer and leading daily newspaper company in Zambia, is inviting a suitably qualified and high calibre candidate to fill the position of Librarian to be based at head Office. This is a permanent and pensionable position reporting to the ICT Manager.
Purpose of the job:
To provide an effective and efficient record management information system and systematic digital repository storage of daily newspapers with easy input, retrieval and saving data.
1.0 Core Duties (Principal Accountabilities)
• To convert indesign and CorelDraw documents
• Create digital archival storage for old newspapers into pdf-daily
• Organizing library stock, filling systems and other publications-daily
• Binding of daily newspapers
• To collect and Issuing of Library materials
2.0 Knowledge and skill Requirements
• Minimum Academic qualifications:
• Grade 12 School Certificate with at least 50 levels including Mathematics and English
3.0 Minimum Vocational Professional qualifications:
• Diploma in Library Studies
• 4.0 Minimum relevant work experience.
• At least 3 years relevant experience in a similar function
• Ability to use Microsoft package
5.0 Required competencies/Personal qualities:
• Interpersonal and good communication skills
• Able to work under pressure and minimum supervision
• Sober and high integrity.
Deadline of this Job: 02 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
Chipakata Children’s Academy is based in Rufunsa district, 25 km after Chongwe, 30 km off Great East Road.
We are looking for:
1. Primary Teacher for grades 5-7
2. Primary Teacher – Lower Section
We are looking for the following qualifications and personal qualities:
• A recognized teaching qualification, certified by the Teaching Council of Zambia
• Minimum 4 years of teaching experience
• Dedication to working with underprivileged children in a rural area
• Excellent English-speaking skills
• Ability to use a variety of methods and teaching strategies
• Desire to continue to grow and develop professionally
• Great communication and interpersonal skills
• Good organization and time-management skills
• Enthusiasm and flexibility
• Teamwork abilities, leadership and initiative
• Satisfactory health record and criminal record check
• Teachers’ housing on the school property (separate room, shared area: kitchen, living room and bathroom)
• Competitive salary
• Opportunity to grow professionally
• Work in great team
• Interesting and challenging work