Deadline of this Job: 14 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Senior Supervisor, Building and Infrastructure will oversee construction, supervision of contractors, and ensuring timely, quality, to specification work and finishes of the buildings and infrastructure projects.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE ROLE
• The suitable candidate will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
• Ensure compliance with the Mines Act.
• Ensure workplace safety and environmental standards of the company are adhered to.
• Design, implement and Maintain inspection and quality control systems, in order to maintain contractual obligations
• Co-ordinate building and construction contractors
• Generate scopes of works and Bill of Quantities
• Carry out cost analysis on projects
• Arrange and chair contractors site meetings
• Oversee building contractors during construction and maintenance projects to ensure site requirements are met within safety and quality standards Setup a certification system for construction quality control.
• Setup a production management tracking and reporting system.
• Draw up and manage contracts.
• Maintain detailed record and filing systems
• Generate reports as and when required
• Provide training and development opportunities for all direct reports on an on-going basis.
• Perform any other duties as directed by the Superintendent.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of a Grade 12 / equivalent
• Degree in Construction Management / Civil engineering or equivalen
• Bold initiative
• Thinking safely
• Upholding quality
• Technical Skill
Deadline of this Job: 05 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
Construction Equipment Service Manager
Purpose of the role:
To ensure an effective support to clients for all machineries and to manage all aspects of the Service Department on a day-to-day basis for achievement of HCMZ business goals and objectives.
Reports to: Operations Manager
The Construction Equipment Service Manager will be required to perform the following tasks:
• Assist with technical enquiries and technical problems with machines to resolve product issues;
• Investigate into field information reports to identify notifications of serious problems;
• Determine the cause of problems and submit Field Information Report to factory to assist customer and provide accurate feedback;
• Receive and inform service bulletin instructions and make a plan/manage to ensure compliance;
• Provide technical support to customers (remote and physical) to ensure products operate continuously;
• Provide technical support to all external customers and conduct continuous monitoring of service and product quality;
• Perform any ad-hoc projects on request;
• Collecting components change-out history/tracking and ensure updating;
• Assist the assessment of failed components and work with Reman Factory for the cause of failure and to ensure improvement.
• Ensure information on all warranty claims are correct;
• Ensure continuous checking of Field Information Report to ensure warranty claims are processed timeously;
• Conduct trend analysis on all warranty claims to identify possible trends in breakdowns;
• Act the judgement on all warranty claims to ensure accurate claims are processed;
• Ensure to confirm costs recovery through warranty claims to HCAF and Customer service jobs.
Ad Hoc Duties
• Perform any reasonable request as requested by Line Manager or HCMZ Management within a reasonable time.
• Set SMART annual performance objectives;
• Ensure HR policies and procedures are adhered to;
• Ensure formal Performance Management is undertaken twice annually and performance objectives achieved by team members as set out in job profile/ performance agreement;
• Ensure Recruitment process is adhered to in line with company procedures and policies;
• Ensure orientation is done within 1 month of appointment in line with company procedures and policies;
• Set Personal Development Plans for the team annually;
• Submit the training needs of the team within a specified time frame;
• Ensure coaching and counseling is conducted to meet individual needs;
• Ensure safety standards are adhered to;
• Maintain a safe working environment and follow safety regulations;
• Promote the culture of safety, quality & efficiency;
• Health and Safety standards, regulations and procedures adhered to at all times.
• Ensure unsafe practices/potential hazardous situations are rectified and reported;
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
• Must have a full Grade 12 certificate
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
• Minimum experience of 6 years in a Mining Equipment Industry with focus on Heavy Equipment Machinery.
• Valid driver’s license
• Member of Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
• Advanced knowledge of Machines & Equipment
• Knowledge of maintenance management
• Knowledge of basic structure/welding work
• Customer & Industry Knowledge
• Technical background
• People Management Skills