Deadline of this Job: 16 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
ZSIC Life Plc is a leading long-term life assurance Company wholly owned by the Industrial Development Corporation (IDC). The Company has a well spread branch network across Zambia, providing the market with flexible, reliable and quality life assurance, pension and fund management services through innovation and a motivated workforce. In order to live up to this mandate and realise its vision of being the “Most preferred provider of exceptional insurance and pension services”, the company invites applications from suitably qualified, result oriented and self-motivated Zambian nationals to fill the position of Legal Officer, based in Ndola, under the Legal Directorate.
The Company is seeking a highly qualified and self-motivated individual to fill the following vacancy: Legal and Compliance Officer (ZL6) Reporting to the Manager – Legal, the job holder will generally be responsible for the provision of legal advice, counsel, efficient and effective legal advisory services to Management and staff. This shall be in compliance with the provisions of the law and in accordance with Company’s Policies in order to protect its interests.
• Representing and defending the interests of the Company in all legal proceedings so as to prevent or minimise losses;
• Drafting and perusing legal documents, statutory instruments, cabinet memoranda, contracts and agreements, pleadings, affidavits, deeds, leases and diverse applications in order to safeguard the Company’s interests and ensure that they are efficiently and effectively executed;
• Conducting conveyancing on behalf of the Company;
• Conducts research into legal issues to enable the Company make informed decisions concerning various litigation cases and other legal matters;
• Offer legal opinions and advice to Management before decisions are taken so that informed decisions are made;
• Assist in the provision of Board Secretarial Services for the Company and management of Board and Committee meetings;
• Managing the preparation of periodic and ad hoc reports on cases and other legal matters involving the Company;
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor from time to time
• Grade 12 School Certificate with 5 ‘O’ levels including English Language or its equivalent;
• Bachelor’s degree in Law (LLB);
• Advocate of the High Court of Zambia with a valid Practicing Certificate issued
by the Law Association of Zambia (LAZ);
• A minimum of three (3) years’ post qualifying experience as an advocate.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT: Permanent and Pensionable
Deadline of this Job: 15 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
The Radiation Protection Authority (RPA) is a Regulatory Body under the Ministry of Technology and Science established by the Ionising radiation Protection Act No. 16 of 2005 and its Amendment Act No. 19 of 2011. RPA’s mandate is to protect the public, workers and the environment from hazards arising from the use of devices or materials capable of producing Ionising Radiation.
The Authority has a vacancy for the following position:
Legal Officer (1)
To undertake legal services in order to safeguard the interests of the Institution and ensure operations are within the provisions of the law.
• Undertakes effectively the provision of secretarial services to the Board in order to facilitate smooth conduct of business;
• Undertakes timely review and preparation of contracts, agreements, laws, regulations and other legal documents in order to safeguard interests of the Authority;
• Provides timely legal opinions on matters of interest to the Authority in order to ensure adherence to the provisions of the law and avoid financial loss;
• Undertakes effectively representation of the Authority in court in order to protect the interest of the Authority;
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor from time to time;
• Minimum Vocational/Professional Qualifications
• Full Grade 12/Form 5 School Certificate or its equivalent.
• LLB Degree
• Advocate of the High Court of Zambia
• Member of the Law Association of Zambia (LAZ)
• Minimum Relevant Pre-Job Experience
• 4 years post certification experience in legal practice
• Able to write comprehensive and analytical reports
• Able to communicate effectively in English
• Legislative drafting skills
• Analytical skills
• Investigative skills
• High level of Integrity and confidentialityInter-personal skills