Deadline of this Job: 22 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The United Nations Capital Development Fund (UNCDF) makes public and private finance work for the poor in the world’s 46 least developed countries. With its capital mandate and instruments, UNCDF offers “last mile” finance models that unlock public and private resources to reduce poverty and support local economic development. UNCDF’s financing models work through three channels:
• inclusive digital economies, connecting individuals, households, and small businesses with financial eco-systems that catalyze participation in the local economy, and provide tools to climb out of poverty and manage financial lives;
• local development finance, that capacitates localities through fiscal decentralization, innovative municipal finance, and structured project finance to drive local economic expansion and sustainable development; and
• investment finance, that provides catalytic financial structuring, de-risking, and capital deployment to drive SDG impact and domestic resource mobilization.
SMEs play an important role in Zambia’s economy, contributing significantly to GDP, employment, and the private sector. Despite their important role, SMEs face challenges in operating and growing their businesses. SMEs therefore are an important target group for UNCDF’s activities. UNCDF is setting up a loan guarantee and technical assistance facility in collaboration with the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA) and the Embassy of Sweden in Zambia. The objectives of the facility are;
• To scale up SME financing significantly and on a sustainable basis in Zambia. This includes financing for SMEs in sectors such as digital-first enterprises, renewable energy, agriculture, water and sanitation, women-owned enterprises, eco-tourism, and nature conservation;
• Improve the capacity of commercial banks to better serve SMEs, particularly through digital approaches;
• Support SMEs to run their businesses better and more efficiently using digital tools.
Support the SME ecosystem in Zambia, including policy makers and regulators, in improving the operating and financing environment for small businesses.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Loan Guarantees Risk Management Specialist will be responsible for identifying, measuring, controlling, and reporting on all risks related to the loan guarantee facility. She / he will work closely with UNCDF’s Least Developed Countries Investment Practice (LDCIP) team based in UNCDF’s head office in implementing the risk management activities.
The scope of work covers the following specific areas:
1. Develop guarantee risk management policies, procedures, and processes.
• Work closely with the UNCDF country and head office teams to design risk management policies, procedures, and processes for the loan guarantee facility;
• Working with the country and head office teams, develop tools and dashboards to be used for risk management.
2. Guarantee issuance.
• Participate actively in the due diligence and onboarding process of financial institutions;
• Working together with internal teams, review guarantee applications (individual and/or portfolio) to ensure viability and compliance with internal guidelines;
• Ensure that loans placed under the guarantee facility comply with the eligibility criteria and UNCDF internal guidelines.
3. Guarantee portfolio credit risk management.
• Perform periodic risk analysis of guarantee portfolio reports submitted by / received from financial institutions;
• Perform independent post-disbursement checks to ensure that loans placed under the guarantee comply with the agreed eligibility criteria and recommend remedial measures in cases of non-compliance.
4. Management of the guarantee claims payment and refund process.
• Manage the guarantee claim analysis, approval, and payment process, including recommendation on whether to approve or reject the guarantee claim, in close collaboration with the country and head office teams;
• Monitor claim refunds from financial institutions, including periodic audits, to ensure claim refunds reporting and payment is implemented appropriately;
• Prepare accurate and timely claim and claim refund reports for various stakeholders;
• Perform regular and delinquency guarantee audits to monitor non-performing loans and manage and mitigate credit risk.
5. Technical assistance.
• Work closely with country and head office teams in design and implementation of technical assistance / capacity building programmes for financial institutions.
6. Reporting and stakeholder management.
• Prepare timely, accurate, and complete reports for internal and external stakeholders;
• Liaise with internal and external stakeholders in assessing and providing independent assurance of the adequacy, appropriateness and effectiveness of the loan guarantee risk management activities.
The Loan Guarantees Risk Management Specialist will work under the direct supervision of the Guarantees and Investments Expert in Zambia.
• Achieve Results: LEVEL 3: Set and align challenging, achievable objectives for multiple projects, have lasting impact.
• Think Innovatively: LEVEL 3: Proactively mitigate potential risks, develop innovative ideas to solve complex problems.
• Learn Continuously: LEVEL 3: Create and act on opportunities to expand horizons, diversify experiences.
• Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 3: Proactively initiate and champion change, manage multiple competing demands.
• Act with Determination: LEVEL 3: Think beyond immediate task/barriers and take action to achieve greater results.
• Engage and Partner: LEVEL 3: Political savvy, navigate complex landscape, champion inter-agency collaboration.
• Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 3: Appreciate benefits of diverse workforce and champion inclusivity.
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
• Ability to develop effective strategies and prioritized plans in line with UNCDF’s objectives, based on the systemic analysis of challenges, potential risks, and opportunities, linking the vision to reality on the ground, and creating tangible solutions;
• Ability to leverage learning from a variety of sources to anticipate and respond to future trends; to demonstrate foresight to model what future developments and ways forward look like for UNCDF.
Effective decision making:
• Ability to take decisions in a timely and efficient manner in line with one’s authority, area of expertise, and resources.
• Ability to research and turn information into useful knowledge, relevant for context, or responsive to a stated need.
• Ability to select, priorities and control the organization’s programmes and projects, in line with its strategic objectives and capacity;
• ability to balance the implementation of change initiatives and the maintenance of business-as-usual, while optimizing return on investment.
• Ability to identify and organize action around mitigating and proactively managing risks.
• Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner through both written and verbal communication;
• to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience.
Required Skills and Experience
• Master’s degree in Economics, Finance, Public/Business Administration, or a related discipline or Bachelor’s degree in the related field with additional 2 years of relevant experience will be given due consideration in lieu of the Master’s degree.
• Minimum of 7 years with Master’s degree or 9 years with a Bachelor’s degree of progressive relevant professional in financial services particularly in the areas of risk management, internal audit, strategic planning, and governance frameworks;
• Ability to exercise and perform oversight functions over governance, risk, compliance, and control arrangements in a complex financial guarantees operation;
• Proven ability to evaluate several risk types, particularly credit risk. Knowledge and understanding of risk control arrangements;
• Knowledge of the regulatory environment for financial institutions in Zambia is key;
• A self-starter with strong internal motivation, able to set up systems and procedures in a ‘start up’ environment;
• Commercially astute: A high degree of business acumen, entrepreneurial spirit and willing to grow the loan guarantee activities;
• Flexibility: readily adapts to change, new products, systems, methods, and products;
• Demonstrated ability to meet aggressive deadlines per business demands, and ability to change work schedule to accommodate competing priorities. .
• Fluency in English, with excellent writing, verbal communication, and presentation skills.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Deadline of this Job: 12 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
Zanaco Bank Plc is inviting applications from suitably qualified members of staff¬ with relevant experience for the following job aimed at contributing to the Bank’s strategic vision, in the Commercial Division under the Retail Banking Department to be based in Lusaka: –
PRIVATE BANKER (X1)
This position ensures the establishment of a relationship managed association between the bank and the Private banking client through a dedicated Private banker that acts as the first point of contact, assesses and recommends appropriate products and service off¬ering to the client whilst ensuring profitability of the entire customer value proposition. The primary focus is on sales acquisition.
Under the supervision of the Head Private Banking the following are among the Job Key Responsibilities:-
• 100% responsibility for assigned Private banking portfolio balance sheet & profitability.
• 100% responsibility for revenue generation for assigned Private banking portfolio.
• Responsible for managing Private banking client’s financial circumstances with a focus on maintaining strong relationships between the Bank and the client, and provide doorstep banking solutions in addressing their needs.
• Responsible for conducting in-depth analysis of client’s present financial position in order to recommend appropriate products and services to the client.
• Responsible for profiling potential clients in order to bring new relationships on board.
• Act as first point of contact for all their requirements in order to o¬ffer a personalised and di¬erentiated service off¬ering.
• Responsible for the execution of the Private Banking CVP and educating Private Banking customers on the Bank’s product off¬ering and service channels and recommending any changes to ensure the CVP remains relevant to customers.
• Ensure growth of number of clients on the portfolio and accountable for all financial KPIs
• Responsible for implementing client appreciation of events to ensure a high level of retention for the Bank.
• Responsible for scanning the market and research on good opportunities to meet Private banking client’s revenue goals and provide clients with market updates and financial news.
• Sets referral, new business and cross-selling goals and monitors achievement of these goals in order to meet the bank’s financial aspirations.
• Ensure that the full value chain of the segment proposition is realized for the Bank by cross selling, deep selling and upselling the banks products and educating clients on the use of various channels for transactions.
• Build and execute alliance relationships to enhance client’s customer value proposition o¬ffering.
• Monitor client’s changing requirements and recommend strategies to ensure that the organization’s products and services are fully utilised.
• Responsible for monthly assessment of segment thresholds and proactively engage clients to execute upgrades or downgrades so that the CVP is aligned to customer’s needs and that they derive full value from the proposition.
• Keep up-to-date with in-country market and global trends in order to recommend and link clients to appropriate events.
• Knowledge and understanding of appropriate legislation and regulation a¬ffecting banking and customer interaction to ensure all transactions are legal.
• Ensure that the customer experience is positive throughout the client’s journey at all touch points to increase customer retention.
• Execute life cycle programs in order to provide a full customer service proposition that deepen client relationships
• Execute all client’s requests within SLAs and provides feedback in order to ensure clients are fully satisfied with the service/resolution.
• Ensure that accounts opened are 100% KYC compliant and funded.
• Proactive client engagement on a regular basis in order to advise clients and provide timely and personalized banking services.
• Execute e¬ffective customer contact plan for customers to ensure that their needs are met and the relationship is maintained.
• Any other responsibilities or tasks as assigned by management.
• External: Local Regulators, Stock Market, Professional Bodies, Events Managers
• Internal: All Divisions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Grade 12 Credit or above mandatory in Mathematics and English and any other three subjects.
• Degree in Business or relevant field
• At least five (5) years’ work experience in banking/investment management. Experience in a similar field/market will be an added advantage.
• Understanding of taxation laws and practical experience in application.
• Appreciation of securitization and investment options.
• Ability to profile customers and assess the needs of Private Banking clients.
• Understanding of Retail products and account opening, KYC Requirements.
• Understanding of relevant legislation e.g. KYC, Anti – Money laundering, Banking code.
• Ability to read market trends and inform the decision-making process.
• Demonstrated complaint handling and skills certifications
JOB CORE COMPETENCIES
• Communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Verbal and written communication
• Delighting customers
• Persuading and selling
• Drive for results
• Analytical thinking
• Team work
• Customer service orientation
• Problem solving
• Conceptual thinking
• Strategic leadership
• Presentation and facilitation
Deadline of this Job: 30 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the level of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice
G4S Zambia seeks to appoint 50 ATM Custodians who will be based in Lusaka and surrounding towns. They will be involved in the first line maintenance of ATMs. The candidate will report to the ATMs Team Leader.
• Replenish cash and respond to ATM urgent cash requirements.
• Ensure only ATM fit notes are loaded in the machine.
• Stock consumable items-ATM Journals, Receipts, and Ribbons by observing the following reorder levels: ATM Journal Roles (10), Receipts (02) and Ribbons (4).
• Maintain an up to date stationary register.
• Ensure that ATM’s uptime of between 96-100% is maintained daily.
• Retrieve and deliver captured cards within 24hours to the bank.
• Keep an updated captured card register.
• Attend to ATM failures by providing first line maintenance only.
• Respond within 30minutes from time of call.
• Escalate ATM second line maintenance to Engineers through the bank or ATM Team Leader.
• Maintain Zero ATM breach
• Deposit excess and unfit ATM cash.
• Ensure ATM limits letters are displayed in the ATMs
• Reconcile ATM figures against the actual physical cash remaining in the ATM.
• Balancing of the Ledger Account with the Safe Balance and notes in cassettes.
• Daily ATM cash account reconciliation and reporting.
• Zero tolerance on cash differences. Attend to discrepancies and ensure differences are resolved within 24hours. Unresolved differences to be accounted for by the Custodians
• Zero ATM failure relating to non availability of cash.
• Cash balances within ATM Safe limits
• Monthly report ATM cash requirement trend with breakdown analysis
• Verify cash ordered.
• Prepare a discrepancy report for all cash orders before receiving from CIT
• Ensure timely submission of all daily ATM reports or cash ordering requests.
• Ensure that Preventive Maintenance is carried out every quarter by Engineers on the ATMs.
• PM schedules and PM lists should be kept in the ATM room.
• The receipt printer, journal printer, card reader and cash handler should always be in perfect working condition.
• Monitor the security of ATMs and availability of security officers on ATM sites. In case of problems immediately escalate to the ATM Team Leader.
The Ideal Candidate
• Full Grade Twelve School Certificate
• Diploma in a Business course or equivalent
• Honest, mature and sober character
• Class B Driver’s License will be an added advantage
• Ability and willingness to work long hours
• Seeks to deliver the best solution first time and every time.
Deadline of this Job: 19 September, 2022JOB DETAILS:
• A member of the Corporate & Investment Banking Team and aligned with the ambition to be among the Top 3 Banks in Zambia. The job holder will be responsible for the management and development of relationships with corporate customers in the Corporate and Investment Banking segment covering our customer on the Copperbelt and North Western Province.
• Focus on deepening the wallet share of existing Customer Relationships as well as developing new Relationships (New-To-Bank) with a view of driving revenue and market share growth as well as cross sell. This will be achieved by ensuring Customers have access to the full suite of Absa’s products in addition to delivering World class Customer Service while maintaining a robust Control Environment.
• To maintain, grow and sustain quality relationships with existing and new corporate customers by ensuring that they utilize the suite of Absa’s products as appropriate for their business.
• To manage, grow and sustain a portfolio of Global, Local and Regional corporate customers segments corporate customers and building long-term relationships founded on efficient and reliable support for their business through quality Relationship Management. This is achieved particularly through quick turn around on credit decisions, managing consistency and quality of service delivery.
• The jobholder will be responsible for business development for existing and new corporate customers through Relationship Management.
• A primary objective is to cross sell the full suite of the Banks product set to corporate customers and aggressively drive customer primacy across all the customer segments
• Consistent with value-based management, the job holder will be measured on risk-adjusted portfolio contribution as well as other performance metrics including customer satisfaction and living the Absa values.
• Leading the coverage team in Sales origination and execution of transactions across the full product suite.
• Spend a minimum of 75% of available time visiting existing and new to Bank customer’s
• Lead and coordinate the coverage teams in developing account relationship plans for key customers including sales, account plans, hunting list and contact strategy
• Work with specialist product teams like Trade Finance, Debt, Cash, Global Markets & Retail and Business Banking products to maximize sale of these products to corporate customers.
• Be instrumental in ensuring effective collaboration across local, regional and global stakeholders in driving business growth
• Achieve agreed sales targets for liabilities, assets, Return on Equity and income.
• Develop and implement proactive calling programme (both face –to-face and telephonic) for existing and potential customers.
• Create a lead base of external target market through business networking through attending relevant social events seminars, trade shows and industry events.
• Timely deal with, and find resolutions for corporate customer complaints.
• Determine the products that are most effective in meeting customers’ needs and be able to sell these, at short notice, both reactively and proactively.
• Monitor and ensure adherence to risk service standards.
• Produce call reports on sales force for scheduled significant business meetings and ensure all deals are loaded and timely updated on the Oberon pricing tool & salesforce for pipeline usage.
• Actively engage borrowing corporate customers in obtaining relevant documentation for annual and or interim review of their credit facilities.
• Pricing and negotiation of the Banks products with existing and potential customers
• Manage and control portfolio within agreed credit limits
• Maintain a high standard of operational control including adherence to Risk Management Control Document (RMCD) guidelines, KYC & STM procedures and other bank policies
• Work in partnership with Corporate Credit Manager’s (CCM) partner on new and existing credit applications, providing guidance on credit appetite and consulting with Credit team as appropriate.
• Develop commercial awareness of the performance of the portifolios and the wider Corporate customers business
• In the event of credit quality deterioration, the responsible Relationship Manager will be to produce the classification/special mention memo and associated updates. The Relationship Manager will also be the Primary contact in a remedial management of the situation.
• Report all Incidents within policy guidelines and follow through to closure
• Meet deadlines for all Low, Medium and High- Risk Reviews
• Ensure proper segmentation & Contra codes are applied against assigned portfolio of corporate customers
• Ensure correct interest rates are market on customer accounts and avoid income leakage
• Ensure all accounts within portfolio are linked on Customer Identification and data held comply with Basel II standards
• Research, create and follow up on a target list for potential new business.
• Identify priority customers using the Customer Prioritisation Guidelines to assess their present and potential contribution.
• Actively engage in understanding customer corporates business performance through Pipeline Calls and Monthly Business Reviews.
• Day-to-day coaching and development of Relationship Managers, Assistant Relationship Managers / Coverage Support Managers in provision of consistent service quality to corporate customers.
• Provide administrative oversight on the Corporate Banking and Corporate Service Centre teams in the area.
Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)