Deadline of this Job: 16 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced applicants to fill the following vacant position in the Information and Communications Technology Department
Reporting to the Manager -ICT Systems, the Senior Applications Developer will develop and deploy ICT information systems that meet Examinations Council of Zambia requirements and specifications
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Undertake feasibility studies and analyze projects to determine their viability of software development
• Code and test planned systems
• Investigate, analyse and document reported defects in developed systems
• Prepare specifications for System Acceptance Testing
• Conduct training for all stakeholders before implementation of developed systems
• Prepare Release notes for major system upgrades
• Prepare Gap Analysis documents on implemented systems
• Modify and update in-house developed software applications to meet user requirements
• Create interfaces for data capture to support other assessments
• Observe, troubleshoot, test, diagnose and resolve faults in the software
• Set targets and agree to performance measures in order to meet the strategic objectives of the institution
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• School Certificate or its equivalent
• Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science, ICT, Electronics Engineering
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in Software Development
• Member of ICTAZ or EIZ
ICT Officer-System Development job at Chambeshi Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited (ChWSSC)
Deadline of this Job: 24 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
Chambeshi Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited (ChWSSC), is the Utility Company based in Northern and Muchinga Provinces of Zambia providing water and sanitation services under the provision of the Water and Sanitation Act No. 28 of 1997.
The vision of the Company is be “National Best in Water Supply and Sanitation Services” and whose mission is to “Sustainably provide quality Water Supply and Sanitation Services to the satisfaction of the customer while embracing innovation and stakeholder support”
To achieve this, the company endeavors to ensure that it has the adequate staff with the right skills.
The Company now invites applications from suitably qualified Zambians to fill the following vacancy:
Job title: ICT Officer-System Development-Salary Grade Cms-4
To manage databases and provide support services to end users.
Main Duties And Responsibilities
• To ensure that all applications that are of relevance to system users are configured and running seamlessly and work closely with the online and offline branches to provide end-user support and issue resolution.
• Perform periodic security audits and system or network vulnerability assessments.
• To secure all installed systems by developing system access, monitoring, control and evaluation. Implementing and testing disaster recovery and perform regular and on-demand system backups and recoveries on all Servers.
• Assist to manage & troubleshoot networks, intranet & internet connectivity throughout the organization.
• To perform a wide range of system administration duties on the Windows Server Domain controller and other servers including install, debug, maintain, upgrade, and general support.
• Interface with vendors for procurement & maintenance of all IT infrastructures.
• To assist in the organization in inventory management of all hardware and software resources and actively participate in hardware maintenance schedules.
• To create and maintain documentation for all processes and procedures in the systems administration section.
• Assist to develop and maintain the corporate website.
• Detection of cyber crime
• To provide and recommend system technologies to support business requirements and any other advice as necessary
• Provide support in Disaster Recovery Sites
• Prepare accurate routine reports required by the supervisor on a monthly basis.
Qualifications And Experience
• Grade 12 (Form V) School Certificate including Math & English.
• Degree in Computer science, Information Technology or equivalent from a recognized university/institution.
• Specialized in programming is added advantage
• Paid up Member of Engineering Institution of Zambia.
• 3 years’ experience in Systems Administration or related.
Deadline of this Job: 14 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
Northwestern Chamber of Commerce is an Umbrella Organization representing businesses across all sectors of the economy.
The Chamber was formed after the conviction that the promotion and enhancement of a vibrate private sector, through effective interest representation, service delivery and Cooperation between the public sector and business is the foundation for building an economy which creates
Employment and Equitable wealth.
And the back-bone of such an Economy is a diverse and resilient Small and Medium Enterprise sector which NWCCI actively supports through the facilitation of a variety of business linkages.
The Chamber seeks to hire a website developer to develop a new website that shall address our current needs and be able to provide Technical support.
Web Developer responsibilities include:
1. Writing a well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
2. Creating website layout/user interfaces by using standard HTML/CSS practices
What the website must;
1. Be able to Integrate data from various back-end web services and databases
2. Be able to ensure cross-browser compatibility of new features
3. Allow online registration of our members in specific sector among them being Mining, Engineering, Agriculture, Hospitality, Education, Banking and Finance
4. Be able to use ZRA TPIN as a unique identification number for membership registration
5. Be able to generate stand relevant reports
6. A must be an advanced version of our current website which is www.northwesternchamber.org
Who can apply
A reputable company or individual with traceable experience in website development experience.
Deadline of this Job: 16 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
Director ICT Ref No. DR/IT/28/09/21
The ICT Director provides leading edge ICT services to the functional units of CIDRZ. The incumbent is an innovator, a creative person with futuristic ideas on technology and someone who can foresee where technology in the Public Health space is going and pre-empts and stays ahead of these technologies. Someone who is a visionary and able to lead teams to develop solutions, not just for internal usage, but to take these solutions to market as a means of generating income for the organization. Must have demonstrable track record of all the above referenced quality traits.
• Provides strategic direction, day-to-day management, and key technical oversight of ICT to support high-quality programs implementation.
• Leads the ICT team in the delivery of innovative services, supports the computing hardware, networks and software needs of numerous departments of CIDRZ and provides both strategic and operational guidance to the dynamic ICT Team.
• Drives digital innovation and serves as a cross-functional change agent across departments and units, orienting clinical and operations teams on trends in technology applicable to the organization
• Effectively manages talent and supervise. Manages team dynamics and staff well-being. Provides coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, and completes performance management for direct reports. Monitors and assess performance to ensure adequate capacity for successful support of high-quality ICT services.
• Based on insights from Deputy CEO and department leads; designs and implements digital strategy by working with cross-functional partners to map and transition traditional processes to digital ones
• Develops a clearly-defined and compelling digital strategy for the institute’s future and champion the use of digital technology and practices to engender a digital mindset at CIDRZ
• Measures ROI on digital technology projects, provides scorecard on investment in the digital tools and resources
• Works with teams across the organization to generate innovative digital solutions for services
Supports and supervises of information management focused on data quality, security and uses.
Provides ICT strategic inputs at the Executive management level of the organization.
Develops and tracks ICT budgets
• Master’s Degree or higher in relevant IT field; or at least 10 years of practical experience in similar ICT management or senior leadership roles
• At least 5 years’ experience at Senior Leadership level with practical demonstrable accomplishments in development, deployment, Implementation and maintenance of IT systems.
• Proven leadership and strong management skills.
Certificate in Project Management is an added advantage
• Proficient at establishing IT services framework and IT security policies
• Must possess project and budget management skills
• Strong grasp and understanding of ICT with forward looking preparedness of the ever-changing ICT environment
• Proficient with integrated workflow based financial, supply chain, manufacturing, sales and inventory control systems such as Sage X3, SAP, Microsoft Dynamics, etc.
• Good understanding of networking technologies both wired and wireless
Highly innovative with knowledge of Linux/Unix, Mac OSX and Windows OS
Deadline of this Job: 19 September, 2022JOB DETAILS:
A fixed network fiber company is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of Networking Technician.
Only candidates who have at least a diploma in IT CCNA or Comptia Network+ and experience in networking need apply.
Deadline of this Job: 19 September, 2022JOB DETAILS:
We are one of the leading AgriTech companies in Zambia, providing farmers with an eCommerce platform where they can find and buy farm inputs (www.emsika.com), while allowing them access to farming information for free via an eLearning portal (www.apunzile.com) on how to farm as a business, and we provide a Traceability and farmer payment software for Agribusinesses in milling, agro processing and out-growers. We build these technologies internally and we are looking for an amazing software developer, who is willing to work long and hard as we seek to use these tools to serve 1million farmers by 2025.
Your goal will be to build efficient programs and systems that serve user needs.
Requirements and skills
• Great attitude to work hard and long in a young but growing team.
• Proven experience as a Software Developer, Software Engineer or similar role
• Familiarity with Agile development methodologies e.g SCRUM
• Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment
• Experience with databases and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks (e.g. Hibernate)
• Experience in Devops activities e.g (Server setup/management, mobile and web app deployment)
• Ability to learn new languages and technologies
• Excellent communication skills
• Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
• Attention to detail
• BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
Deadline of this Job: 16 September 2022Job Summary
The incumbent will be responsible for carrying out installations, operations and maintenance of CCTV (both Analog and Digital IP Systems), Access Control and related electronic security systems as maybe required from time to time.
The incumbent is expected to manage, end to end, various installation and commissioning projects involving integrated security systems as specified above. Such installations shall be carried out to the specifications and within the time-frames as may from time to time be agreed with clients.
Security Systems installations
Installation of Access Control Systems and associated Panels
Installation of Access Control Barriers / Doors / Gates / Locks
Installation of CCTV systems both digital and analog
Installation of DVR systems
Installation of cabling and cable trays to connect the various devices to power and / or other networks.
Carryout other duties as may be required.
Configure the installed Access Control, CCTV, DVR, etc to enable correct operation and connectivity
Configure devices to ensure that they log their data to cloud storage devices
Configure edge and server analytics parameters to enable video and access control analytics capability across the installation
Commissioning and Documentation
Test and label the installation including the associated cabling.
Commission and Handover Security Systems installations to customers
Generate handover documentation and as built drawings for the customer
Train the clients on the correct operation and maintenance of the installations
Provide after sales service and support on call as may from time to time be required by the client.
Minimum of three (3) years of working experience in security systems installations.
A working knowledge in network routing/switching and transport technologies (IP, ethernet, etc)
Experience with any of the major CCTV / Security systems including Bosch, Hikvision, Ubiquiti UniFi and others
Manufacturer certification will be an added advantage
Must have working knowledge of all Security Systems and how they can be integrated to deliver a solution.
Able to use Autocad / other software document an installation.
Must have strong communication skills
Must be organized and be able to run multiple projects at the same time
Full security clearance / no criminal record
Must have strong commercial mindset and customer orientation
Must take initiative and work comfortably as part of a wider team
Must have a valid driver’s license
Must have a high Health and Safety Awareness
Able to work after hours and weekends when need arises to meet a deadline
Able to work at height
Academic and other Requirements
Minimum Diploma in relevant technical field
Manufacturer Certification will be an advantage.
EIZ Registration required