Consultant: Multistakeholder Platform and Stakeholder Engagement job at International Water Management Institute (IWMI)
Deadline of this Job: 21 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
International Water Management Institute (IWMI) a CGIAR Research Center is seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates for a short-term assignment under the project titled “Resilient Aquatic Food Systems for Healthy People and Planet”.
IWMI in collaboration with the WorldFish, on behalf of the OneCGIAR, are implementing the Project “Resilient Aquatic Food Systems for Healthy People and Planet (AqFS)” in several countries in Africa, Asia and the Pacific. The goal of the AqFS is to catalyze scaling of transformative innovations and evidence-based policies that will enhance the resilience of the aquatic food system and realize their full potential in delivering a triple win for nature, people and the economy. Globally, aquatic foods are an important and growing component of the global food system and provide multiple benefits cutting across all the five CGIAR Impact Areas of:
1. Nutrition, Health, and Food Security;
2. Poverty Reduction, Livelihoods, and Jobs;
3. Environmental Health and Biodiversity;
4. Gender Equality, Youth, and Social Inclusion and;
5. Climate Adaptation and Mitigation;
In Zambia aquatic foods are of significant socio-economic and environmental importance. About one million people depend both directly and indirectly on aquatic foods and the sector contributes approximately 3.2% to the country’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and has potential for job creation. It plays an important role in household food and nutrition security and household income generation. It is supplies between 20 – 40% of animal source proteins and, delivers high quality micronutrients and omega-3 fatty acids which are essential for human growth especially in the first 1000 days of life.
These realized and potential benefits are, however, threatened by multiple constraints and stressors that reflect policy, institutional and funding inadequacies. At a global scale the key stressors include overharvesting of wild fish stocks; poor governance of the aquatic commons resulting in increased marginalization of traditional and indigenous fishers; inequities in supply-chains, situation that has now been exacerbated by the Covid-19 pandemic; vulnerabilities of fisheries communities and aquatic ecosystems to climate change and, degradation and destabilization of aquatic ecosystem thereby compromising its productivity, biodiversity and carbon-sequestering functions. The key drivers of most of these stressors are land use change, and competition for water, space and other resources in major fisheries areas. The situation is being exacerbated by natural hazards and political and economic instabilities and underinvestment in breeding aquatic animals for improved growth, feed conversion efficiency and climate resilience, and the emergence of aquatic animal diseases that destabilize production – and antimicrobial resistance.
The delivery of Project is organized in 5 work packages as shown in figure 1 below. The International Water Management Institute (IWMI) is leading Work Package 3 also known as Aqua Plans. The objective of this Work Package is to strengthen inclusion of aquatic foods in multifunctional landscapes. In Zambia, this will be implemented on the Kafue flats where The ONE CGIAR plans to help the Government of the Republic of Zambia and other stakeholders to respond to the vulnerability of the foodscapes to multiple stressors by assessing those risks and vulnerability using participative scenario planning. The Kafue flats is a multiple land use area with major land uses comprising conservation, fisheries, crop and livestock production. The area comprises communal and private lands and, protected areas.
Objective of the Assignment
The objective of the assignment “Development of a Multi-Stakeholder Platform and Stakeholder Engagement Strategy for Resilient Aquatic Food Systems” is expected to contribute towards the outcome: Co-implement sustainable and integrated development scenarios. The specific objectives of the assignment are:
1. develop a stakeholder map for the aquatic food systems for the Kafue flats;
2. develop a Multi-Stakeholder Platform for the area, which will be a vehicle for enhancing stakeholder engagement and participation in creating resilient aquatic food systems in the landscape; and
3. develop a Stakeholder Engagement Strategy for the aquatic food systems.
The consultant is therefore expected to support the Zambia component of Work Package 3. The consultant’s specific activities will include but not limited to:
1. Synthesizing existing evidence through a desk review on stakeholder mapping for the study area of Kafue. (The desk review will address aspects such as who, what interests, which resources, access and ownership, which decision making, who can be champions for food security, gender and social inclusion).
2. Review lessons learnt from past and ongoing initiatives on the Kafue flats and how they may inform the Resilient Aquatic Food Systems activities inter alia resource governance including access and benefit sharing mechanism, financing and investments, and institutional support services, especially by public sector agencies.
3. Conduct key informant interviews to further enrich the desk review.
4. Recommend how a Multistakeholder Platform may be set up for the Resilient Aquatic Food Systems initiative. The stakeholders are to comprise diverse actors including public sector, local communities and community-based organizations (CBOs), private sector, civil society organizations that have a stake on the Kafue Flats, describing:
o The form of its legal persona;
o Its objectives and functions;
o Its governing structure and,
o Its resourcing strategy,
o Its Stakeholder Engagement Plan aimed at improving stakeholder involvement in creating Resilient Aquatic Food Systems and,
o A Communications and Marketing Plan whose aim will be to promote Resilient Aquatic Food Systems in the landscape
5. Provide support in organizing the findings workshop.
1. Synthesis report on stakeholder mapping for the proposed study site of Kafue in Zambia. The report will also have a section on lessons learnt from past and ongoing initiatives in the Kafue.
2. Recommendations on Multi-Dialogue Stakeholder establishment for the Kafue.
3. Inception meeting report.
Duration: Approximately 05 months from September 2022 to February 2023
Your application must include a copy of your curriculum vitae, a cover letter that addresses IWMI’s requirements stated above, and contact information of three professional referees who may be contacted if you are short-listed for the position.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• At least an MSc in fisheries/aquaculture, water, gender studies, sociology, rural sociology, anthropology, development studies, economics, agricultural economics, geography, public policy, institutions/governance or another closely related field.
• Experience in research for development (R4D), specifically on issues relating to water, fisheries and development in Zambia, with field research experience.
• Must have undertaken similar assignments in the last 3 – 5 years within the southern African region
• Familiarity with the key stakeholders in Kafue region and the broader water and fisheries sectors in Zambia.
• Transdisciplinary methodological approach towards resilient aquatic food systems.
• Good publications track record, preferably in internationally peer-reviewed journals.
• Ability and willingness to travel to conduct research and facilitate consultative discussions.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and capacity to work in a multidisciplinary, multi-institutional and multicultural environment.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills in English and the ability to explain complex issues to diverse audiences, including at local, national and regional levels.
IWMI believes that diversity powers our innovation, contributes to our excellence, and is critical for our mission. We offer a multi-cultural, multi-color, multi-generational and multi-disciplinary working environment. We are consciously creating an inclusive organization that reflects our global character and our commitment to gender equity. We, therefore, encourage applicants from all cultures, races, ethnicities, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientations, and gender identities.
Deadline of this Job: 20 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
An exciting opportunity exists to work with relevant ministries to support the government’s ambitious plans in its use of technology to deliver transformative outcomes for its citizens. Reporting to the Head of Tech, Zambia, the post holder will collaborate with the T4D team on several priority initiatives to assess the current enterprise landscape, identify key stakeholders and support efforts to build interoperability across the Government of Zambia.
With the ability to consolidate business (functional requirements) with technologies (technical requirements), the postholder will create an executable enterprise architecture blueprint for the relevant ministries and support broader interoperability work for the Government of Zambia. The postholder will stay on top of the latest trends and technologies and identify potential software, services or hardware solutions that could support improved service delivery.
This consultancy role requires an exceptional candidate with relevant expertise and deep subject matter knowledge.
• Develop Enterprise Architecture and infrastructure plans considering existing platforms and systems, with regard to Zambia’s digital transformation strategy, to design and plan for the migration to a unified platform.
• Deliver an analysis of the systems architecture for more comprehensive digital government services, supporting efforts to increase interoperability across government.
• Develop an Interoperability framework, facilitating an all-of-government approach to integration, building on ongoing work led by the Government of Zambia in the healthcare ecosystem.
• In line with proposed architecture and system changes, support the delivery of a change management framework, including the migration of existing data sets onto government cloud infrastructure, as well as principles for application migration planning (to support government engagement with independent software vendors).
• Contribute to developing a framework for data exchange between government and the private sector, addressing current impediments and facilitating improved data transfer.
• Strategy and Planning: (i) Design Enterprise Architecture plans; (ii) integrate plans with the overall relevant client strategy; and (iii) integrate the blueprints with existing solution sets to create a harmonious data-guided view of the client place within the government framework
• Government Relations: Establish effective and trusted relationships with key stakeholders across the government of Zambia.
• Execution and Monitoring: Establish, review and maintain project goals and plans. Serve as the focal point for the Enterprise Architecture development. Report and engage with the Head of Technology for Development, the Country Head, and technology transformation specialist to drive delivery, ideate, troubleshoot and manage initiatives. Audit compliance within the Enterprise Architecture standards.
• External Relations (non-governmental): Engage with relevant external stakeholders such as tech hubs/incubators, investors, other not for profit organisations, Govt. Ministries and agencies
• One TBI: The post holder will formally report to the Head of Tech, Zambia and form part of the wider team and country programme, working with colleagues in Zambia and across the organisation to realise the stated objectives in keeping with the Ministry’s vision
We are looking for an experienced candidate:
• With experience in business operations, strategy, technology, consulting or advisory functions
• With demonstrable experience and expertise in cloud computing, analytics, edge computing, security, web services, open-source software stacks, strategy development and enterprise solutions, preferably with public sector experience. Solution design for low resource environments is valuable.
• With demonstrable expertise in enterprise architecture frameworks, interoperability standards, digital governance interoperability frameworks and enterprise application integration. Some experience in service-oriented architecture
• Who is an effective communicator and influencer, from board level through to technical level and is adept at managing up and beyond hierarchy
• Who is strategic and can challenge the status quo and develop plans for the successful delivery of challenging objectives
• Who has worked or consulted in developing and emerging economies and is sensitive to a diverse range of cultural and regional norms, and will foster a positive spirit of collaboration between our countries and our tech transformation offer
• With a bachelor’s or postgraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
• With a certification in Enterprise Architecture
• With a minimum of 7 years of experience in IT design
• Experience with SQL, data sourcing, enterprise data management, modelling, auditing and compliance would be advantageous, as would experience with public sector implementations
International candidates will be considered for this role
About The Institute
The Tony Blair Institute (TBI) is a mission-driven not for profit organisation. We exist to equip political leaders and governments to build open, inclusive and prosperous societies. We work hard, every day, to make a difference. When governments work well they are able to create economic and social change in a way that promotes fairness, social justice and opportunity. We work relentlessly to support leader and governments with the challenges they face. Giving them practical solutions and actionable insights, that once implemented, can be transformative for their people
We do this within two connected divisions:
Our Government Advisory teams work directly with political leaders and governments around the world to implement reforms that improve the lives of their citizens. It works with a variety of partners and its outputs cover a range of disciplines and projects across countries in Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and South Asia.
Our Policy Futures work encompasses three broad areas:
• Renewing the Centre: developing a bold and innovative domestic policy programme to help renew the centre ground of British politics;
• Tech and Public Policy: exploring the policy challenges and opportunities presented by the technological revolution; and
• Extremism Policy Unit: creating solutions designed to tackle the threat of extremist ideologies in the UK and around the world.
As an organisation, the core beliefs we all embrace are:
• Open and Progressive: you’ll believe in the value of teamwork
• Bold and Pragmatic: you’ll approach everything you do with integrity and authenticity
• Optimistic Changemaker: you’ll be focused on results
TBI believes embracing diversity and inclusion make us a better place to work. It’s our goal to reflect everyone in society and we actively welcome applications from individuals and groups who are under-represented in the workplace. We celebrate difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability. We will only ever assess you on your abilities and fit for a role. We’re happy to discuss any adjustments you need to ensure a level playing field during recruitment and, if you\’re successful, discuss any adjustments you might need to thrive in your role.
Deadline of this Job: 19 September, 2022JOB DETAILS:
Dynamic, vibrant individual required to join a team of innovative recruiters. This individual will be responsible for creating viable business opportunities for the company through networking, selling and marketing recruitment solutions. The ideal candidate must have knowledge and previous experience in Recruitment and should have strong written and communication skills.
Reporting To: Managing Director
Supervision Of: Self
Interacts With: Clients, Job Seekers, Service Providers
• Managing all aspects of the Recruitment Consultancy Process
• Undertaking client visits and business development activities
• Conducting market research
• Managing clients and strengthening existing client relationships
• Prepare adverts and conduct interviews
• Manage and maintain database & website information
• Relationship management with relevant stakeholders
• Billing and debt collection
Experience: 3 years plus
Education Level: Diploma Level
Qualifications: Human Resources / Psychology / Marketing / Sales
Software: MS Office
Equipment: Laptop / Office Equipment
Knowledge Of: Recruitment and New Business Development
Skills To: Network / Research / Close deals
Ability To: Negotiate and communicate at all Business Levels
Other Requirements: Ambitious / Committed / Self-motivated / Self-starter / Drive to succeed
Industry: Recruitment Agency / HR Consultancy
Culture: Dynamic / Proactive / Professional / Innovative
Gender Profile: Mixed
Age Profile: Between 28 and 50
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Location: Lusaka, Zambia