Deadline of this Job: 21 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
Want to use your skills in monitoring, evaluation and reporting to play a vital role in making clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone everywhere?
Join WaterAid as Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting (PMER) Advisor to change normal for millions of people so they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty and change their lives for good.
The WaterAid Accountability & Effectiveness team plays a key role in enabling WaterAid to meet our organisational accountabilities and strengthen our effectiveness.
As our innovative and supportive PMER Advisor you will strengthen our planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting processes and build the capacities of our Country Programmes and Regional Teams to work more effectively.
The role is both permanent and full-time and may require international travel of up to 6 weeks per year.
How to Apply To see the full job pack, please click ‘Apply’. Please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter into one document in either Word Document or PDF format.
Your cover letter should include your location and the right to work eligibility, and provide evidence of:
* Your experience strengthening organisational monitoring, evaluation and reporting processes * Your experience strengthening the capacity of others in monitoring and evaluation * Your experience in designing tools to support effective monitoring.
Applications will close 23:59 UK time on 25th September 2022.
In this role, you will strengthen the quality of WaterAid’s monitoring, evaluation and reporting
You will: * Oversee the monitoring and evaluation processes whereby Country Programmes (CPs) monitor, evaluate and report on progress against their strategies * Provide support to CPs and other teams to design and implement effective monitoring and evaluation approaches * Build organisational capacity in monitoring and evaluation through guidance, tools and training * Line manage the PMER officer
To be successful, you’ll need: * Substantial experience in designing monitoring, evaluation and reporting processes and tools at project, and organisational levels * Experience in conducting and/or managing evaluations * Knowledge of both quantitative and qualitative methods and using data to reflect, learn and adapt * Experience supporting the capacity-building of others in monitoring, evaluation and reporting
Location: The role can be based in the UK or one of the following WaterAid Country Programmes – Nepal, Senegal, Pakistan, South Africa, Uganda, Zambia subject to right to work eligibility in the respective countries.
Salary: This role is Grade F in Country Programmes and a Grade 4 in the UK. Salary and benefits will be in line with WaterAid countries’ salary scale.
* UK – £38,065 * Nepal – रू 178,718 * Senegal – XOF 22933 445 * Pakistan – PKR 3,641,144 * South Africa – ZAR 716,121 * Uganda – Ush 3,641,144 * Zambia – ZK 654,463
Additional Information: In order to apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your right to work eligibility in the country to which you wish to work.
For UK based applicants, WaterAid is located in Canary Wharf, London and this will be your location and contract base (Hybrid working).
WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct. We will conduct the most appropriate pre-employment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained.
We are an equal opportunity, disability-confident employer and are dedicated to achieving the highest standards of diversity, equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, beliefs, customs, traditions and ways of life. This includes, but is not limited to, race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, national or social origin, health status, and economic or social situation.
Deadline of this Job: 12 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
Zambia National Commercial Bank Plc (Zanaco) is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the following job aimed at contributing to the Bank’s strategic vision, in the Operations Division under the Governance & Controls Department at Head Off¬ice: –
RECONCILIATION ANALYST (2 YEAR FIXED TERM CONTRACT) X2
This function is responsible for preparing the reconciliation of the General Ledger Accounts to ensure adherence to the Suspense Accounts Policy.
Under the supervision of the Reconciliation Senior Specialist, the following are among the Job Key
• Preparation of daily reconciliations
• Examine and review the list of outstanding entries on the GL accounts
• Preparation of reports
• Checking and submission of reconciliations to Finance and Other stakeholders
• Analysis of large sets of data using excel or any data analytics tool to ensure e¬fficient and e¬ffective working
• Implement eff¬icient ways of completing tasks of a repetitive nature by the use of automation tools such as excel macros
• Create best-practice reports based on data mining, analysis, and visualization
• Preparation of month-end returns
• Develop, implement, and maintain analytic systems, taking complicated problems and building simple frameworks
• Preparation of the dash board for the reconciliation weekly meetings
• Examine the list of outstanding entries and investigate them
• Coordinate circulation of the outstanding entries to the relevant sections for resolution
• Carry out detailed walkthroughs and process mapping to identify significant risks and controls
• Undertake the maintenance of Enterprise Risk Management Risk Register
• Report key risk and control indicators of department/business unit
• Ensure appropriate review of the financial impact of operational incidents and root cause and business impact analysis
• Monitor, review, and communicate the impact to the risk profile of future initiatives, including new product assessments, changes to trading strategies, targeted risk reviews, and major business changes
• Work together with other organizational line of defense (i.e. Compliance, Internal Audit, etc.).
• Stay abreast of current industry standards
• Develop and maintain technical knowledge of systems and data to ensure optimal use of technology
• Any other responsibilities or tasks as maybe assigned by management.
• External: Regulators, Auditors
• Internal: All Internal Business Units
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• University Degree in Finance, ACCA, CIMA, ZICA or any other relevant field
• Grade 12 Credit or above mandatory in Mathematics and English and any other three subjects
• Minimum of three (3) years’ work experience in Finance and/ or reconciliations
• Experience in banking will be an added advantage
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
JOB CORE COMPETENCIES
• Planning and organizing skills
• Attention to detail
• Analytical skills
• Problem solving skills
• Driver for results
• Excellent time management skills.
• Customer service orientation
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
Public Health Data Analyst, Zambia Evidence for Health Activity job at International Systems Management (MSI)
Deadline of this Job: 20 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
As part of its global portfolio, MSI manages the USAID/Zambia Evidence for Health (E4H) activity which began in 2020 and runs through 2025. The activity works closely with the Ministry of Health and USAID’s Health Office to: 1) strengthen the national Health Management Information System (HMIS) owned and managed by the Ministry of Health (MOH), and 2) expand the data evidence base for existing approaches to health programming in malaria, nutrition, family planning, maternal and child health, and HIV. The activity supports the strategic objectives of USAID Family Health, the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), and the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI).
**Please note: Only Zambian citizens are eligible for this position**
The Public Health Data Analyst reports directly to the Senior Knowledge Management Specialist and will provide technical, strategic, and programmatic direction for the development and implementation of data reporting, visualization and presentation. The position will be the direct interface with USAID and MOH, which is preparing and presenting data analysis and visualizations on targeted topics in family planning, maternal child health, malaria and HIV/AIDS. This role will engage with Zambia’s health informatics community to oversee and develop approaches for integration of Zambian e-Health information systems data in data evaluation, visualization, and dissemination.
• Oversee the data analysis of Zambian health data to identify actionable insights and trends in the areas of family planning, maternal child health, malaria, and HIV/AIDs.
• Integrate data from various sources into systematic products, including DHIS2, Postgres, CSV/Excel, and other structured databases.
• Validate and transform data to ensure it is fit for purpose and suitable for use in examination.
• Use statistical tools, like R or SPSS, to identify, examine, and interpret patterns and trends in complex health datasets.
• Create compelling, visually appealing, and easy to understand visual products to support systematic findings using paid and unpaid graphic editing and business intelligence tools like Excel, GIMP, or Tableau.
• Present data trends to USAID’s Health Office.
• Develop and implement data analytics and other strategies that optimize efficiency and quality of health-related data and information systems.
• Design and produce innovative visualization products to illustrate program research findings and evaluation to inform program strategy and grant design.
• Other duties, as necessary and assigned by the management.
• Bachelor’s degree in statistics, graphic design, or other relevant discipline is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
• Minimum three years demonstrable work experience as a data analyst in the health sector is required.
• Experience using Excel, SPSS and Tableau for health data analytics.
• Knowledge of R preferred.
• Expertise working with DHIS2 data in longitudinal analysis.
• Experience in creating data infographics and maps using open-source GIS software including QGIS.
• Ability to create user-friendly, visually appealing infographics and data visualizations that support audience understanding of trends.
• Ability to produce high quality work under deadlines.
• Fluency in written and spoken English required.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please visit Tetra Tech’s Disability Assistance Page. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
EEO Notices: U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Poster, U.S. Equal Opportunity Supplemental Poster, Pay Transparency Notice Tetra Tech participates in the E-Verify program: E-Verify Poster , Right to Work Poster
Deadline of this Job: 19 September, 2022JOB DETAILS:
The Role Responsibilities
• Act as a service partner, work together with RMs, Product Sales, Operations and other key internal stakeholders to solve client channel issues and identify opportunities to improve overall service for the clients
• Ensure uniform approach towards implementation of Global IMO Model and adherence to DOIs
• Deliver excellent service against agreed service standards, delivery standards, and minimal error rates as appropriate
Automation and Streamlining
• Drive continuous improvement of the operational efficiency and effectiveness of processes to increase the consistency of systems and processes
• Provide quality support and advice to Relationship Managers (RM’s) within all lending units on all documentation related matters, including the origination of documentation for customers where required
• To deliver excellent service and advice to our Corporate, Commercial & Institutional Banking (“CCIB”) Banking and Business Banking (“BB”) clients in all interactions for their channel activation pre-transactional enquiries/setup, trainings and other channel related issues
• Perform end-to-end orchestration across all processes and services managed by IMO
• Engage clients throughout process, ensuring seamless delivery and client experience
• Own and drive execution of processes, working closely with stakeholders and the value chain to deliver excellent client service, getting clients to the point of ready-to-transact as quickly as possible, across both simple and complex cases.
• Adheres to first-time-right principles
• Provide insight and suggestions to improving processes, identifying opportunities to streamline and automate. Looks at ways to promote standard work and best practices.
• Undertake ad-hoc duties and when delegated by Line Manager and Country Head of IMO
Client Due Diligence (CDD) and Regulatory Onboarding
• Perform all relevant onboarding processes
• Creation of CDD for New Clients & Review of CDD for Existing Clients and perform regulatory onboarding (e.g. FATCA, CRS) activities
• Drive GIC and network onboarding processes
• Conduct checks on CDD as applicable
• Respond and clear queries from Checkers / Other Specialists / Business CRM on a timely manner
• Work in partnership with all relevant stakeholders effectively within the end-to-end CDD process
• Where serving as a checker, perform checks on CDD output from Client Delivery Makers, ensuring they adhere to policies and standard work
• Escalate or enforce compliance requirements, and follow any other relevant internal controls and procedures as they relate to process, products, policies and regulations
• Perform credit documentation activities for the deals flowing from CCIB and BB
• Conduct checks on Credit Documentation output as applicable
• Ensure that the data sources used for the extraction of the return is correct
• Identify processing risks or inefficiencies and implement appropriate and effective changes
Enablement [Account Opening and Channels]
• Perform relevant account opening activities, working closely with the relevant onshore and Hub teams to deliver fast set-up of all relevant systems
• Deliver excellent service and advice to our CCIB and BB clients in all interactions for their Straight2Bank channel activation pre-transactional enquiries/setup, training, and other channel related issues
• Accept and arrange processing of various channels (Straight2Bank) and related products and services setup requests for CCIB and BB clients; including internal setups e.g. for Client Access, Transaction Banking (TB) implementation testing setups, various internal operations unit’s setups relevant to channels activation
• Conduct checks on activities, documentation, and output (by other specialists or makers) within the account opening and channels activation processes as applicable
• Escalate or enforce compliance requirements, and follow any other relevant internal controls and procedures as they relate to process, products, policies and regulations
Servicing [Static Data Maintenance, Offboarding]
• Perform relevant static data maintenance and offboarding activities including raising of SDM and offboarding requests in the system
• Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role remit
• Comply with applicable Money Laundering Prevention Procedures and report any suspicious activity to the operational risk team and Line Manager
• Ensure a clear and uniform approach towards implementation of the global operating model for all IMO-related processes, and adherence to DOIs
• Report any deviation (if any) to appropriate authorities and obtain proper dispensations
• Proactively manage risks and establish/monitor controls to improve the overall state of the risk management and operating framework
• Ensure strong due diligence on document safekeeping and data confidentiality
• Ensure correctness of documentation prior to any dispensation from the Bank
• Ensure compliance with the internal policies and credit policies, external policies, regulatory and statutory requirements
• Undertake periodic self-assessment on key controls to assess the proper functioning and adequacy of existing controls
• Highlight significant issues/errors to team leader
Regulatory & Business Conduct
• Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Valued Behaviours and Code of Conduct.
• Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
• Achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment.
• Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
• Country IMO Head, Client Delivery Managers and other Specialists, Makers and Checkers
• IMO Enablement Managers and Specialists
• GBO Hub teams and In-country CET teams
• Account Opening Teams
• Front Office (RMs, CMs, CCMs)
• Lending Documentation Unit
• Commodities Transaction Management Unit
• Business CRM
• Business Operational Risk Manager
• Transaction Banking (Trade, Security Services, and Cash Management) Implementation Managers
• Client Documentation and Control
• Credit Documentation CoE
Our Ideal Candidate
• Minimum 5 o’level credits or better including mathematics and English
• Minimum 3 years of experience in the financial services sector.
• Degree holder at a minimum.
• Strong ability to positively influence stakeholders across value chain to both orchestrate and execute on processes and deliver exceptional client service and experience
• Ability to positively engage and build rapport with clients
• Strong writing and presenting skills in English
• Problem solver; looks for solutions and finds ways to progress despite blockages
• Strong drive to deliver
• Has a clear understanding of the client needs being serviced
• Ability to work independently without direct supervision and able to cope with pressures from tight deadlines
• A team player with good interpersonal skills
• Advanced knowledge in Customer Due Diligence and local laws (AML/CFT).
• Experience in conducting Customer Due Diligence for clients, including identification of UBO and unwrapping complex structures.
About Standard Chartered
We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you’re looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can’t wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
• Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
• Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
• Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
• Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
• Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
• Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
• Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
• A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
• Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.