Deadline of this Job: 19 September 2022
Procurement Officer – Huntley Flourmill (1)
The Required Skills for this Role Include:
• Assessing the supply market for products and services with respect to price and quality
• Liaising with requesting departments to assist in defining specifications from requirements to supplier
• Resolving value/quality discrepancies of the supplied items through formal supplier complaints and following up on feedback
• Processing purchase orders (in pastel) and submitting them to respective signatories for authorisation
• Ensuring payments/prepayments (if terms require so) are done to suppliers
• Checking GRNs to ensure they are correctly filled in
• Receiving purchases requisitions from end user departments
• Processing purchase orders (in pastel) and submitting them to respective signatories for authorization
The Required Qualifications are:
• Full Grade 12 certificate
• Bachelor of Science in Purchasing and Supply
• Relevant pre-job requirements
• 3 -5 years previous experience
• Numerical/Computing skills
• Advanced skills in the use of Microsoft excel and experience in the use of pastel account or any other similar package
The Required Attributes Include:
• Detail-orientated with the technical aptitude and ability to perform tasks accurately and comprehensively
• Results driven, bias for action and a passion for excellence
• Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with external customers, management and all levels of associates
• Ability to work with minimum supervision
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
Driver/Mechanic job at A Private School
Deadline of this Job: 19 September 2022
A renowned Lusaka based Private Secondary and Primary school is looking for a qualified, dynamic, motivated and disciplined Mechanic/Driver to join our staff immediately.
• To carry out skilled automotive engineering repairing, installation and preventive maintenance works in order to ensure vehicle availability at all time.
• Transport members of staff and school children to and from different destinations as required and adherence to traffic rules and regulations.
• Maintain accurate logs books and ensure all vehicle log sheets are updated on daily basis.
• Do safety checks and maintain vehicles to be in safe and clean operating condition including washing of vehicles.
• Daily checks of fuel, oil, transmission fluid and coolant levels and air pressure in tires.
• Report all vehicle safety problems and accidents promptly.
• Attending to breakdown of vehicles.
• Obtaining of quotations for motor vehicles spares and other quotations that maybe requested.
• Preparation of purchase requisition for vehicle repairs and maintenance costs.
• Preparation of monthly fuel, vehicle and maintenance reports.
• Filing of documents related to motor vehicles Perform other duties assigned.
Minimum qualifications and attributes:
• Grade 12 school Certificate.
• Certificate in mechanics.
• Possess a valid driver’s license preferably class C
• At least five years of previous work experience as a mechanic
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft word and excel.
• Appreciable level in both spoken and written English.
• Knowledge of general vehicle maintenance.
• Ability to drive under difficult situations.
• Demonstrate accuracy in filling out paperwork.
• Ensure insurance, road tax and vehicle fitness certificates are up to date
• Ability to interact with employees and parents with tact, courtesy and discretion.
• Ability to work under minimum supervision
• Focused and polite
• Alert and attentive to detail
• Demonstrate high levels of maturity
Minimum of three years working experience plus three traceable references and should be ready to work extra hours. . Defensive driving skills will be an added advantage. Applicants should be between 25 to 35 years old
Driver job at Kids Alive Zambia
Deadline of this Job: 18 September 2022
Safely drive different vehicles, moving staff, children and materials/goods locally and in between cities. Ensure adherence to health, safety and vehicle/fleet management policies. The candidate is expected to make a positive contribution towards the organization’s Christian ethos and witness and child safeguarding processes.
• Driving a variety of vehicles in different and sometimes difficult terrains as assigned.
• Transporting children to various points, including schools, tours and other destinations as may be directed by supervisor.
• Transport staff to their duty stations, homes or on errands as maybe assigned by supervisor.
• Dropping off or Picking up staff and other delegates at the airports.
• Driving sick children to the hospital for medication.
• Updating daily and monthly mileage records for the vehicles
• Picking up office supplies, purchases and deliveries
• Driving executive officers such as the Country Director and visiting international staff as need may arise.
b) Motor Vehicle Maintenance
• Ensure all vehicles are clean at all times.
• Maintain a well-documented motor vehicle service record
• Conduct routine vehicle servicing, trouble shooting and frontline repairs
• Arrange for vehicle repairs when necessary
• Recommend professional actions to be taken by management for maintenance and repair of motor vehicles.
b) Administrative duties
• Assist in procurement of office supplies as maybe delegated by supervisor from time to time.
• In consultation with supervisor, devise forms and tools necessary for vehicle management.
• Conduct fuel usage and maintenance cost analyses
• Ensure all vehicles have valid road tax, fitness and insurance as required.
• Ensure all first aid boxes are well positioned and stocked in vehicle/s.
• Ensure that all health and safety precautions and measures are adhered to.
• Any other duties assigned by management through the supervisor.
c) Spiritual growth among children and staff
• Participate in inspirational and the hope centered on Christ to children under Kids Alive programing.
• Ensure adherence to child protection and safeguarding protocols
Experience and Qualifications
• Grade 12 certificate
• Auto-mechanic craft certificate and ICT defensive driving certificate.
• Over 3 years manual transmission driving experience is added advantage
• 2-4 years of experience working in a similar role.
• Minimum class C 1 driver’s license, PSV driver’s license added advantage
• Defensive driving skills will be an added advantage.
• Experience in submission of vehicle reports for maintenance and fuel mileage tracking
• Certified training in Mechanical or auto electrical engineering is an added advantage.
• Must be computer literate and able to speak Silozi and English
• Must be mature, calm, neat and presentable at all times
• INGO/NGO exposure will be a plus
Relief Driver job at People in Need
Deadline of this Job: 18 September 2022
People in Need has been working in Zambia since 2017 delivering lifesaving and development assistance to vulnerable people in the sectors of nutrition, livelihoods, WASH, environment and good governance.
We are looking for an experienced and energetic individual to work for a few days as Relief Driver.
Job Title: Driver
Supervisor: Logistics Manager
Closing Date For Application: 18/09/2022
To ensure own security and that of passengers, respecting the Highway Code of Zambia.
Support to programs and operations departments
• Ensuring the security of persons or vehicles in the vicinity.
• Adjusting his speed according to the Zambian road regulations
• Ensuring that the logbook is filled in and synchronized daily after the trips
• Deliver and pick up parcels, mails, other documents and as directed
• Facilitate pickup of officials from stations and as directed
• Being responsible for security decisions concerning the vehicle
• Ensuring the number of people who can be officially carried in the vehicle is respected.
• Stowing the vehicles’ loads correctly, keeping the vehicle’s equipment safe and restocking the first Aid kit
• Cleaning the vehicle for services (interior, exterior and engine) and conducting periodic services and work an assisting the mechanic during repair and work
• Carrying out a weekly physical inventory of the equipment in his vehicle
• Fill in the daily checklist (Basic checks; lubricants, tires, suspension, battery and lights)
• Ensure sound running of the vehicle and keep track of expiry of insurance, fitness and road tax
• Transportation of employees as assigned by the line manager superiors
• Transportation of goods as assigned by the line manager or superiors
• Immediately informing the Logistic Manager in the event of a mechanical problem and accident
• Any cleaning works in and around the office
• Residents of Mongu- preferred
• Must be able to communicate in English including writting without difficulties.
• Must be experienced with not less than 2 years with land cruiser 4 wheel driving in western province terranes.
• Must know all the remote routes of Mongu and the surrounding areas e.g. the plain and nearby Districts
• Must be honest and hardworking- ready to work under pressure with minimum supervision
• Must have a valid class b or above driving License.