Deadline of this Job: 22 September 2022
The UN Volunteer assignment will focus on the production of external communication and media products, through writing, editing and graphic design (supervision) and support in external communication work. Linked to the country context, the office is currently managing the production of a large number of external products and needs support on this area. At the same time, major programmes requiring visibility products have also created a heavy workload for the office as UNICEF seeks to meet its donor requirements.
Within the delegated authority and under the direct supervision of the Chief of Communication or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the External Communication Officer will undertake the following tasks:
• Help manage the production of public facing external products through writing, editing and layout support, sometimes through management of external providers of these services;
• Assist in the design and implementation of communication and visibility plans including design materials for print, social media and other needs;
• Support the production of photo, video and human interest stories (HIS) content for major donor visibility;
• Support the office’s advocacy efforts on issues such as the COVID-19 pandemic, the Transforming Education Summit, Ending Child Marriage and more;
• Assist in editing/re-writing human interest stories, blogs, articles, speeches, concept notes, reports, proposals, etc.
• Help in the development and implementation of campaigns.
• Travel to programme implementation areas to collect media and communication content, create visibility and support media coverage of UNICEF Zambia’s programmes;
• Provide support to improved internal communication in the office.
• Support donor communication activities, events and content production.
3 years of experience in professional work at the national and/or international level. Experience working in the UN or other international development organisation is an added advantage;
• Technical skills and experience in journalism, web management, writing, graphic design, and public relations;
• Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
• Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
• Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
• Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
• Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.), design software, video editing and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
• Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines; Sound security awareness;
• Have affinity with or interest in child rights, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
Area(s) of expertise
Communication, Arts and design, Development programmes
English, Level: Fluent, Desirable
Required education level
Bachelor degree or equivalent in University degree (BA) in Journalism, Communication, English, Public Relations. Design, content development for external audience or related area are required for the post. A first-level university degree or equivalent in combination with relevant training and/or professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
Competencies and values
• Adaptability and Flexibility
• Client Orientation
• Commitment and Motivation
• Empowering Others
• Ethics and Values
• Knowledge Sharing
• Respect for Diversity
• Technological Awareness
• Working in Teams
Senior Officer – Technical Services job at Zambia Public Procurement Authority
Deadline of this Job: 21 September 2022
The Zambia Public Procurement Authority (ZPPA) a body corporate and responsible for regulation of public procurement in Zambia invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for appointment into ZPPA’s establishment for the following positions:
B. Job Title: Senior Officer – Technical Services, Zppa05 (1 Position)
To perform tasks assigned by the superior in monitoring infrastructure related public procurement to ensure due compliance with technical specifications and procurement regulations and procedures.
2. Statement Of Main Duties
Under the guidance of the Principal Officer– Technical Services, the job holder will be responsible for ensuring that implementation of all infrastructure related contracts conform to the required terms and conditions agreed upon and in compliance with provisions of the Public Procurement Act and Regulations.
• Assist in reviewing of data, assumptions and methodology used in project preparation and execution, cost estimates, assesses project’s organization and management aspects to determine compliance with contract terms and conditions;
• Analyses projects and project designs to determine if they were executed in accordance with approved designs and specifications and standards;
• Monitors and evaluates contracts and regularly prepares detailed reports of performance of contracts among procuring entities for superior’s attention;
• Reviews infrastructure related procurements from superior procuring entities and consults superior on action to be taken;
• Checks and follows-up actions proposed in the reports to ensure that they are implemented within the agreed timeframe by procuring entities and reports to superior;
• Obtains feedback on problems concerning the current procedures and standards of contracts and propose changes to superior to make them more efficient and user friendly; and
• Performs any other duties assigned by superior from time to time.
3. Qualifications and experience
1. Education: Full Grade 12 Certificate with at least five (5) credits or better.
2. Vocational or Professional Requirements: Candidates should have a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering or any related field.
3. Relevant Post Qualification Experience: Two (2) years post qualification experience in civil engineering practices. Knowledge in public procurement will be an added advantage.
4. Other skills and requirements
1. Good writing and oral communication skills;
2. Good interpersonal and analytical skills; and
3. Must be a member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia.
The position of the Senior Officer – Technical Services is on permanent and pensionable basis.
Social Media Executive job at X3M Ideas
Deadline of this Job: 01 October 2022
• Development of social media content
• set and implement digital campaigns
• Monitor and report on feedback as well as social media activity