Deadline of this Job: 29 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations
• Keeps equipment available for use by conducting dairy inspections and defect identifications; Completing preventive maintenance tasks such as, Undercarriage, hose & Power unit (Engine) inspections, Oil changes, Air filter changes and oil sampling,
• Maintaining Excavator functional condition by taking note of complaints from operator checklist; conducting Dairy in-pit short service; repairing mechanical and electrical systems breakdowns, executing parts and components replacements and change outs; repairing defects on the excavators.
• Verifies quality of machine serviceability by conducting machine movement tests before and after service; adjusting controls and systems to conform to normal machine operating standards.
• Cost control through warranty claims, evaluating service quality and choosing better options for parts.
• Must perform all repair and maintenance works according to the relevant Quality(OEM) standards.
• Fully participate in maintaining the appearance of the machines through cleaning, washing, and painting.
• Fully participate in identifying and compiling a detailed defects checklist.
• Keeps excavator machines in an operable state through conducting troubleshooting, attending to machines breakdowns, ensuring the right parts and components are changed, performing preventive maintenance tasks and ensuring machines come in for Service.
• Keeps supplies of parts ready by inventory checking, Correct orders and verifying receipt of ordered parts.
• Must be able to read and interpret machine technical manuals, Hydraulic/Pneumatic circuits diagrams and operational manuals when required.
• Must be able to widen their knowledge base through participation in available
• Able to apply the acquired technical knowledge and skills to improve fleet performance.
• Accomplishes maintenance and organization mission and goals by performing given tasks as required.
• Perfom other duties as instructed by the supervisor
Deadline of this Job: 28 September 2022
Project Sites: Lusangazi, Petauke, Nyimba, Sioma and Sesheke
Report: Project Manager, WWF Zambia
Contract Tenure: 2 years renewable up to a maximum of 3 years
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) with funding from the Global Environment Facility (GEF) has awarded World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) to implement the Climate Change Adaptation in Forest and Agricultural Mosaic Landscapes Project. The project will use a landscape approach that engages and strengthens uptake and diffusion of technologies and practices for adaptive capacity through Forest and Farm Producer Organizations (FFPOs), Farmer Field Schools, viable cooperatives, and other community-based organizations within local communities, including community forestry. The project will be implemented in Six districts that are vulnerable to climate risks and hazards (droughts in particular) and have high rates of forest degradation and deforestation, and these are Lusangazi, Petauke, and Nyimba in Eastern Province and Sioma, Mwandi and Sesheke in Western Province.
The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) Zambia will be responsible for executing the project, in close collaboration with the Zambian Forestry Department (FD), Ministry of Agriculture and the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO). WWF Zambia will coordinate activities with national bodies related to the different project components, as well as the project partners. The project will be guided by the Project Steering Committee (PSC) on policy issues and linkage to relevant national bodies. The project will be guided by the Technical Committee, one in Eastern Province and one in Western Province as the main bodies governing the project activities undertaken in the respective provinces.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Scope of Work:
The Water Resources Specialist, recruited by WWF, will oversee daily implementation of all water related project activities on behalf of WWF and is a member of the Project Management Unit (PMU). S/he will work closely with the Project Manager and within the framework delineated by the PSC. S/he will be responsible, among others, for:
• Provide technical implementation support for the implementation of all water related project outputs and activities and ensure technical soundness of all water components of the project.
• Lead the implementation of science-based and climate-resilient groundwater management plans.
• Coordinate the development of Practical guidelines and training for groundwater management planning, management and protection.
• Facilitate the development of District Groundwater Development Action Plans
• Facilitate the development of Community Water Supply and Management Plans
• Coordinate and closely monitor the implementation of project activities related to water.
• Close and effective coordination and collaboration with the Department of Water Resources Development, Department of Water Supply and Sanitation and other Government departments;
• • Facilitate the development of Water Management Plans of the five target districts through participatory processes to address climate change and groundwater management issues
• Provide technical guidance for the capacity development of local institutions, responsible for water resource management, development and protection to ensure sustainability beyond the project lifespan.
• Preparation of water related technical outputs, e.g. knowledge products, reports and case studies, documentaries.
• Ensure effective engagement of stakeholders as per Stakeholder Engagement Plan.
• Support the Project Manager in providing project data and input necessary for completing all donor technical progress reports and other donor compliance requirements
• Support Project Manager in stakeholder engagements on water related components, including making key presentations where need arises; and
• Participate in all PMU meetings
• Master’s degree in Water Resources Management, Hydrology, Hydro-geology, Water Engineering, Agriculture Engineering or a closely related field.
• Water expert shall be a registered member of a recognized professional body such as Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ) and registered to practice by an appropriate body such as the Engineering Registration Board (Eng.R.B) or similar professional bodies
• A minimum of 10 years’ relevant work experience including at least 6 years’ experience in water sector in a similar field.
• Ability to understand and interpret maps, geographical data, historical evidence and models to build a conceptual understanding of the groundwater regime in the project area
• Experience with Groundwater flow modelling and model maintenance
• Experience with designing and commissioning of boreholes
• Experience implementing and supervising pumping test /yield analysis programs
• Experience with mapping tools such as QGIS, ARC GIS and Global Mapper
• Strong organizational, data gathering, Report writing and analytical skills
• Experience in the community engagement related to water programs
• Experience in working and collaborating within governments is an asset as well as experience in GEF projects is an added advantage.
• Experience with catchment management planning process.
• Knowledge of the Government targets for the water sector and its key stakeholders and mandates
• Knowledge of the national rural water supply and sanitation programme (NRWSSP)
• Fluent in English including writing and communication skills.
The Water Resources Specialist will report to the Project Manager. In addition to this role, the Water Resources Specialist will work with the PSC, PTC and FAO Country office to ensure the availability of information on progress and performance regarding the implementation of the project. S/he will deliver progress reports on a monthly basis to the PM which shall include: i) status of activities; and ii) challenges encountered on the ground during project execution, proposed recommendations.
Deadline of this Job: 20 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
Reports to Director SI. The incumbent will work in the Strategic Information Department specifically supporting M&E and Implementation Science.
• Provides technical assistance and expertise in Monitoring and Evaluation for research and programme data, report writing and information dissemination.
• Builds institutional capacity by supporting CIDRZ investigators and technical staff at all stages to develop sound research proposals, protocols, and manuscripts, as well as the requisite accompanying budgets, staffing structures, and work plans.
• Plays a critical role in catalyzing Implementation Science across CIDRZ by supporting the conceptualization of implementation science (IS) studies and grant proposals, leveraging existing CIDRZ program data to spark IS research activities, and establishing systems and procedures to enable the conduct of high-quality implementation science research and related programming.
• Builds institutional capacity by supporting CIDRZ investigators and technical staff at all stages to develop sound implementation science research proposals, protocols, and manuscripts, as well as the requisite accompanying budgets, staffing structures, and work plans.
• Helps manage several critical implementation science studies within the Strategic Information department and other select directorates.
• Engages with several specialist departments within CIDRZ (including but not limited to the lab, the analysis unit, and larger programs) to ensure seamless integration of implementation science practices.
• Oversee the design and implementation of the PROUDZ M&E system in coordination with the leadership team to develop key performance indicators, targets, tools, analysis and appropriate M&E responsibilities sacross all projects in the Strategic Information department.
• Coordinate any external evaluation processes, including drafting evaluation ToRs and selection of firm indicators and procedures, in alignment with PROUDZ award.
• Develops and disseminates relevant M&E tools, formats and lead the provision of M&E specific technical training and mentorship.
Supervise the M&E team within the SI department to ensure compliance with their responsibilities
• Oversee and provide Technical Assistance on data analysis, and reporting, ensuring that data is of high quality and audit proof
• Master’s in the following or related fields: social science, international development, public health, evaluation, statistics or economics.
• At least 7-10 years of progressively responsible experience in designing, managing, and implementing results-based M&E activities.
• At least five years of field experience in managing projects within the context of Zambian health systems, including supervisory experience.
• Demonstrated technical skills in analyzing and interpreting quantitative and qualitative data and packaging the findings for public health programming and biomedical science.
• Experience in implementation science and mentoring health or research professionals.
• Excellent organizational as well as English oral and written communication skills.
• Extending knowledge of reporting procedures, including CDC, best practices, guidelines, and tools for monitoring and evaluation, and impact evaluation.
• Ability to work independently, exercise discretion and independent judgement in the execution of duties
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work with a diverse team of experts, with varying academic and cultural backgrounds
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Deadline of this Job: 16 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
LOCATION: Provincial Health Office
JOB PURPOSE: To Coordinate CDC supported laboratory activities in western province, provide technical assistance to laboratory staff and contribute to the achievement of the UNAIDS 95-95-95 goals and CDC set goals under the laboratory domains. REPORTS TO: Clinical Care Specialist
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITY (MAIN DUTIES)
• Under takes supervision in districts to ensure quality service provision.
• Supervise both technical and non-technical staff and ensures operational adherence to laboratory guidelines. Undertakes Monitoring of clients on ART through VL/EID.
• Maintains records and statistical reports for program monitoring and decision making Coordinates specimen courier from facilities to the testing labs and results from the PCR labs to facilities. Facilitates availability of updated Laboratory guidelines, SOPs and algorithms are in place at all times so as to ensure adherence to National guidelines.
• Identification of areas for capacity building for laboratory staff and other health workers Works with data associates to ensure timely collectionat:data from laboratories compiling and analyzing the findings for decision making
• Plans and prepares activity budgets. Contributes in the development and implementation of operations budget to ensure compliance with organizational expenditure requirements. MONGU. WESTERN PROVINCE
• Monitors and offers technical support in the implementation QMS activities in order to improve quality of Laboratory service.
• Coordinates with other implementing partners in ensuring that QMS programs are adhered to.
• Supervises Technical staff to ensure HIV/TB/STI commodity security
JOB SPECIFICATIONS/ REQUIREMENTS
• Grade 12 certificate with at least five O-level credits or better;
• Degree in Biomedical Sciences or equivalent;
• Registration with Health Professions Council of Zambia with valid practicing license; .
• At least five (5) years relevant experience in TB/HIV Programme;
• Must be trained in WHO ART Modules; Experience in PEPFAR supported TB/HIV programs will be an added advantage; .
• Training in Project management will be added advantage;
• Ability to write technical papers and reports clearly in English;
• Ability to communicate fluently in English and local languages;
• Must between the Age of 21 years and 55 years;
Other skills/Attributes: Computer literate, Managerial skills, Interpersonal relations, initiative.
Deadline of this Job: 21 September 2022
Deadline of this Job: 20 September 2022
Deadline of this Job: 21 September 2022
Deadline of this Job: 21 September 2022
Deadline of this Job: 27 September 2022
Deadline of this Job: 30 September 2022
Deadline of this Job: 30 September 2022