Deadline of this Job: 03 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
The ideal candidate will play a critical role in shaping the way IHM is perceived by key audiences and stakeholders. You will drive brand awareness by being involved in all stages of the communications process from concept to message development to result oriented evaluation
• Develops and effectively leads the communications function, based on organizational priorities and stakeholder interests
• Develops and effectively delivers the Institute’s media strategy, ensuring that all brand targets are fully met
• Use social media to tell our story in creative and inspiring ways that resonate with various audiences
• Manage website content and design to ensure delivery of clear and creative content
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Communications
• 5+ years’ of experience in communications operations
• Experience posting and formatting content using a Content Management System (CMS)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience in managing communications strategy on donor funded projects.
Deadline of this Job: 01 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
The UN Volunteer assignment will focus on the production of external communication and media products, through writing, editing and graphic design (supervision) and support in external communication work. Linked to the country context, the office is currently managing the production of a large number of external products and needs support on this area. At the same time, major programmes requiring visibility products have also created a heavy workload for the office as UNICEF seeks to meet its donor requirements.
Within the delegated authority and under the direct supervision of the Chief of Communication or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the External Communication Officer will undertake the following tasks:
• Help manage the production of public facing external products through writing, editing and layout support, sometimes through management of external providers of these services;
• Assist in the design and implementation of communication and visibility plans including design materials for print, social media and other needs;
• Support the production of photo, video and human interest stories (HIS) content for major donor visibility;
• Support the office’s advocacy efforts on issues such as the COVID-19 pandemic, the Transforming Education Summit, Ending Child Marriage and more;
• Assist in editing/re-writing human interest stories, blogs, articles, speeches, concept notes, reports, proposals, etc.
• Help in the development and implementation of campaigns.
• Travel to programme implementation areas to collect media and communication content, create visibility and support media coverage of UNICEF Zambia’s programmes;
• Provide support to improved internal communication in the office.
• Support donor communication activities, events and content production.
3 years of experience in professional work at the national and/or international level. Experience working in the UN or other international development organisation is an added advantage;
• Technical skills and experience in journalism, web management, writing, graphic design, and public relations;
• Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
• Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
• Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
• Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
• Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.), design software, video editing and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
• Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines; Sound security awareness;
• Have affinity with or interest in child rights, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.