Deadline of this Job: 06 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
1 year of similar experience in a high-volume casual/ upscale casual restaurant
Following instructions !!!
• Knowledge of various seafood types and how to prepare them
• Chinese, Italian cooking techniques
• Ability to work both fast and accurately
• Managing food prep activities
• Maintaining hygiene principles and cleaning all cooking areas
• Food safety knowledge (certification preferred)
• Ordering receiving, inventory
• Staff training and motivation
• Excellent communicator (able to give and receive feedback well)
• Stays calm under pressure
• Respectful of fellow employees and guests
• Thrives well alone and in a team
• Challenging task-oriented
• Ability to work quickly and efficiently
• Clean and organized
• Reliable and punctual
• Stable work history
Our menus change daily, so we’re always looking for new ideas. Whether it’s a riff on an old favorite or something totally outside the box, we’ll give it a shot. Our Kitchen is committed to providing healthy, sustainable options for our residents and guests, presenting the opportunity for our chefs to reinvent traditional dishes or come up with something brand new.
Since you’ll be working on a new dish each day, there’s no shortage of variety. Always wanted to try your hand at rolling sushi? Eager to explore the catering aspect of the culinary field? We’ve got that. You’ll have the opportunity to move between cuisines over time allowing you to work with different, equipment and ingredients on a regular basis. Candidate must be catered to excellence and ready to join a vibrant team and flex different culinary muscles.
Deadline of this Job: 18 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
The Cook is responsible for delivering food that is not only delicious and cooked to meet the nutritional value for learners and staff, but also safe and fresh. Preferably Male applicants are encouraged to apply for this position. The candidate is expected to make a positive contribution towards the organization’s Christian ethos and witness and child safeguarding processes.
• Follow the approved standard of a diet meal for learners (recipes, including measuring, weighing and mixing ingredients).
• Cook all types of food provided to the expected standards
• Maintain a clean and safe work area, including handling utensils, equipment and dishes
• Handle and store ingredients and food in a clean environment
• Maintain food safety and sanitation standards
• Clean and sanitize work areas, equipment and utensils
• Have a record of food purchases and monitor stock levels to know when to make timely requests.
• Operate kitchen equipment such as broilers and others as provided by the school
• Ensure the dining hall for learners is clean before serving any food.
• Ensure safety for the learners and maintain restrictions in kitchen
• Perform any other duties as assigned.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
• Preferably a certificate or diploma in food production and management, Hotel and catering or any apprentice certification
• Knowledge of safety procedures, including safe temperatures at which ingredients must be kept and to which food must be prepared to avoid foodborne illness
• Ability to work as part of a team, collaborating on complex dishes
• Strong Christian with unquestionable religious disposition.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with both staff and learners.
• Must pay attention to detail.
• A team player with good communication and collaborative skills.
• Ability to read and write.
• Must be able to speak Lozi and English.
• Positive attitude, energetic and high level of self-motivation to cook for learners.
• Calm demeanor to work in a high-stress, fast-paced environment
• Be accountable for anything that relates to the kitchen and dining hall in meeting the expected standards.
• Must be healthy and fit to stand in one place for hours at a time, handle extreme heat and workload.
• A committed Christian with a personal faith in Jesus Christ and a heart for serving orphans and vulnerable children.
• Full alignment with the driving mission/vision/core values of Kids Alive International, the Bible, Christian theology, statement of faith, and practice as stated on our website at www.kidsalive.org/meet-kidsalive/about/what-we-believe/ and www.kidsalive.org/meet-kids-alive/about/
• A commitment to champion and contribute towards the KA organizational culture.
• Consistent commitment to open and honest communication, demonstrating respect for all.
• Integrity and strong character confirmed by employment and personal references.
• Must meet a successful and complete a criminal background check and provide a medical certified report.