Deadline of this Job: 30 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
Prestige Customer Service Advisor
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
My Career Development Portal: Wherever you are in your career, we are here for you. Design your future. Discover leading-edge guidance, tools and support to unlock your potential. You are Absa. You are possibility.
To process bank teller transactions accurately and timeously through the execution of predefined objectives, ensuring that customers are assisted promptly and in a friendly manner.. Selecting this role has a compensation & benefit impact in Kenya, TZ (NBC), Mozambique. Please contact Reward for details.
Cash and related transactions
• Dispense and receive physical cash, cheques,, drafts and other financial instruments over the counter to walk-in Prestige or Premier banking customers.
• Process foreign local currency cheques and other bureau de change transactions including buying or selling of notes, foreign drafts, money orders etc.
• Before processing each transaction, verify that all the required information for the transaction is accurate and complete in accordance with the banks procedures (for example when cashing a cheque, verify the date, bank name, customer’s ID and validity of the cheque, check amount number and amount in words agree, that customer has sufficient funds etc.). Refer any concerns to the Branch Manager for follow-up and decision-making on whether to proceed.
• Refer any transactions in excess of teller limits to the next level for authorisation.
• Capture all transactions on the bank’s system and ensure that all transactions are properly authorised before processing.
• Carefully counts all cash received or dispensed to ensure that errors are avoided. Absa has a zero tolerance policy for teller errors and appropriate action will be taken, which may include formal disciplinary procedures.
• Assist customers to correctly complete transaction documentation such as deposit or withdrawal slips to ensure accuracy and completeness of these documents.
Issuing physical account items 30%
• Help customer’s complete Debit card application or replacement card request forms.
• Complete Debit/Credit Card order schedules and forward to Retail Support for checking and submission to card centre.
• Issue Debit cards, cheque books, credit cards, pin numbers etc. to customers following the bank’s procedures.
• Follow-up with card centre for any cards that have not been issued within the agreed turn-around times.
• Issue statements and balances to customers using the bank’s frontline system.
• Update account demographics such as address changes, name changes.
• Update standing order instructions based on information supplied by customers.
• File schedules and all customer instructions.
• Provide advice to customers on the cash process to ensure the smooth flow of transactions.
• When directly receiving customer enquiries, attempt to resolve the enquiry at the first point of contact by using the bank’s systems. Only escalate to the Branch Manager when all other efforts have been exhausted to resolve the customer’s request.
• Explain the banks procedures, security requirements (such as the requirement to provide sufficient ID when transaction) as well as services to customers.
• Inform customers of the value of giving Feedback, including explaining to customers how the bank uses their feedback to improve service.
• Log all queries (including verbal, written, telephone-mail etc) on the bank’s query BOC system
• Resolve queries – escalate where unable to resolve to Retail Support.
• Follow-up with operations when there are any outstanding requests for customer statements or other items.
Deadline of this Job: 21 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
Wasoko is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services that were previously unavailable. Wasoko aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers, or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda , Cote d’Ivoire, Senegal, Zambia and Rwanda use Wasoko’s mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
• Reach out to customer leads through cold calling
• Present, promote and sell products/services using solid arguments to existing and prospective
• Perform analysis of existing/potential customers to meet their needs.
• Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships
• Reach out to churned customers through cold calling and get them ordering again.
• Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction
• Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule
• Coordinate sales effort with team members and other departments
• Analyze the territory/market’s potential, track sales and status reports
• Supply management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests.
• Key Relationships
• Warehouse branch management,
• Warehouse Logistics management,
• Delivery Agents,
• Product Team
• Customer Growth teams
• Active Wasoko’s Customers
Key Skills and competencies
• Ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced sales environment
• Effective teamwork abilities
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong sense of patience to follow through problem resolution