Deadline of this Job: 23 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
International Facilities Services (IFS) is looking for a versatile and energetic person to fill the position of catering Manager at its operations in Kansanshi mining plc.
Purpose of the Role
To manage continuous catering production improvement initiatives on site and step change the processes and performance to ensure sustained,high quality and cost effective performance and delivery against the relevant contract.
Job key Responsibilities & Duties
• Ensure that catering staff productivity is maximized through the continuous monitoring and trending of process and equipment improvements and effective shift management.
• Drive and guide site managements decision making around catering operations, specifically relating to the process ,equipment and service requirements and associated cost implications.
• Standardize menus and catering and kitchen processes and procedures to drive operationalization across the site through continual monitoring, training and guidance.
• In conjunction with operations manager, work on new catering products and processes ensuring the requirements are planned, implemented and reviewed so as to be seamlessly integrated into current processes.
• Ensure that catering functions and activities conform to good management practice standards and promote a safe and healthy work environment through the continuous improvement of safety and healthy standards.
• Work with employees to identify and develop continuous improvement strategies that will drive operational excellence, increased capacity and cost reductions.
• Conduct assessments of catering operations to provide focused improvements opportunities to increase production efficiencies, eliminate waste, reduce stock on quality and performance against contract specifications.
• Ensure that meals, meal packs, event catering as well as theme and any other relevant functions are planned and prepared on to the prescribed quality that at least meets but preferably exceeds client expectations.
• Physically verify prompt execution of the above on a daily basis.
• Verify the correct quality of stock received especially perishables and proteins.
• Ensure that the meal specifications with regards to weights and variety as specified in the contract are strictly adhered to at all times.
• Design and implement duty rosters for the kitchen team bearing in mind production peaks & R commitments and other variables.
Qualification and experience:
• Grade twelve (12) certificate
• Appropriate post matric qualification in hospitality/catering.
• A minimum of 5 years experience in with at least two years in a similar position.
Job specific knowledge and skills:
• Health and safety standard
• catering and hospitality management practices and policies.
• Stock control principles
• Computer literacy
• Good verbal and written communication
Deadline of this Job: 06 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
1 year of similar experience in a high-volume casual/ upscale casual restaurant
Following instructions !!!
• Knowledge of various seafood types and how to prepare them
• Chinese, Italian cooking techniques
• Ability to work both fast and accurately
• Managing food prep activities
• Maintaining hygiene principles and cleaning all cooking areas
• Food safety knowledge (certification preferred)
• Ordering receiving, inventory
• Staff training and motivation
• Excellent communicator (able to give and receive feedback well)
• Stays calm under pressure
• Respectful of fellow employees and guests
• Thrives well alone and in a team
• Challenging task-oriented
• Ability to work quickly and efficiently
• Clean and organized
• Reliable and punctual
• Stable work history
Our menus change daily, so we’re always looking for new ideas. Whether it’s a riff on an old favorite or something totally outside the box, we’ll give it a shot. Our Kitchen is committed to providing healthy, sustainable options for our residents and guests, presenting the opportunity for our chefs to reinvent traditional dishes or come up with something brand new.
Since you’ll be working on a new dish each day, there’s no shortage of variety. Always wanted to try your hand at rolling sushi? Eager to explore the catering aspect of the culinary field? We’ve got that. You’ll have the opportunity to move between cuisines over time allowing you to work with different, equipment and ingredients on a regular basis. Candidate must be catered to excellence and ready to join a vibrant team and flex different culinary muscles.