Deadline of this Job: 05 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
KEDA Zambia Ceramics Company Limited is a joint venture with presence in West Africa and East Africa and is headquartered in China. Currently KEDA is the world’s biggest ceramic company and clean coal gasification system supplier. With 26 years’ continuous development, devoting on “limitless innovation and pursuit of better forever”, KEDA has been the leading representative in the ceramic industry in the world.
1. Assisting the Cook in food preparation activities, such as cleaning, cutting, chopping and peeling food ingredients
2. Cleaning and sanitizing the food preparation areas based on company and industry hygiene codes and health and safety standards
3. Washing, disinfecting and properly storing cooking and kitchen utensils and equipment
4. Buying, weighing and storing ingredients and food supplies
5. Operating a variety of kitchen appliances and instruments including cutters, knives, mixers and ovens
6. Managing inventory, unloading supplies and organizing the storeroom
Assistant Cook skills and qualifications
A successful Assistant Cook candidate will have various prerequisite skills and qualifications needed to perform duties effectively. These qualifications include:
• Experience in kitchen operations with chinses food
• In-depth understanding of food health and safety regulations
• Exceptional time management and organisational skills
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Exceptional physical stamina and strength
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Thoroughness and attention to detail
Deadline of this Job: 04 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
This position entails the co-ordination of the day to day operations of multiple branches of QSRs, the management of staff, regularly reporting to senior management, and ensuring the general growth of the business.
Applicants must have at least 3 years experience in hospitality or a related field.
Qualifications in hospitality, food prep, business and related fields will be an advantage.
Deadline of this Job: 23 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
International Facilities Services (IFS) is looking for a versatile and energetic person to fill the position of catering Manager at its operations in Kansanshi mining plc.
Purpose of the Role
To manage continuous catering production improvement initiatives on site and step change the processes and performance to ensure sustained,high quality and cost effective performance and delivery against the relevant contract.
Job key Responsibilities & Duties
• Ensure that catering staff productivity is maximized through the continuous monitoring and trending of process and equipment improvements and effective shift management.
• Drive and guide site managements decision making around catering operations, specifically relating to the process ,equipment and service requirements and associated cost implications.
• Standardize menus and catering and kitchen processes and procedures to drive operationalization across the site through continual monitoring, training and guidance.
• In conjunction with operations manager, work on new catering products and processes ensuring the requirements are planned, implemented and reviewed so as to be seamlessly integrated into current processes.
• Ensure that catering functions and activities conform to good management practice standards and promote a safe and healthy work environment through the continuous improvement of safety and healthy standards.
• Work with employees to identify and develop continuous improvement strategies that will drive operational excellence, increased capacity and cost reductions.
• Conduct assessments of catering operations to provide focused improvements opportunities to increase production efficiencies, eliminate waste, reduce stock on quality and performance against contract specifications.
• Ensure that meals, meal packs, event catering as well as theme and any other relevant functions are planned and prepared on to the prescribed quality that at least meets but preferably exceeds client expectations.
• Physically verify prompt execution of the above on a daily basis.
• Verify the correct quality of stock received especially perishables and proteins.
• Ensure that the meal specifications with regards to weights and variety as specified in the contract are strictly adhered to at all times.
• Design and implement duty rosters for the kitchen team bearing in mind production peaks & R commitments and other variables.
Qualification and experience:
• Grade twelve (12) certificate
• Appropriate post matric qualification in hospitality/catering.
• A minimum of 5 years experience in with at least two years in a similar position.
Job specific knowledge and skills:
• Health and safety standard
• catering and hospitality management practices and policies.
• Stock control principles
• Computer literacy
• Good verbal and written communication
Deadline of this Job: 04 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
Management of day to day operations and staff within a Quick Service Restaurant.