Deadline of this Job: 31 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (Zambia) Limited are looking for experienced Mobile Crane Operator. You are to be based in Mansa, Luapula province. Elected candidate will be expected to manage projects, and provide technical advice as subject matter expert.
Mobile Crane Operator Duties and Responsibilities
1. To operate two types of mobile cranes(Model: XCMG 25 tons and XCMG 50tons) according to verbal, written or signal instructions
2. Create work schedules and adjust as needed to meet project deadlines
3. To be responsible for operating a mobile crane to lift, move, position, and reposition loads.
4. Inspecting the crane to ensure its safety
5. Cleaning and maintaining the crane hoisting mechanism
6. Other things which are not on the list
Mobile Crane Operator Requirements and Qualification
1. Valid driver’s licence and Operators permit
2. Grade 12 School Certificate
3. More than 4 years working with mobile cranes
4. Experience and ability to operate a crane
5. Able to understand the load charts
6. Ability to work with minimum supervision
7. Basic rigging experience will be an added advantage
8. Absolutely comply with the project’s rules and regulations
Deadline of this Job: 01 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
Scope of Work
The Technical Specialist will provide technical advisory services to the BIOFIN Project Team in the implementation process of BIOFIN Phase 2. The nature of the work entails submission of policy papers, technical papers to the Government of Zambia for the relevant Ministries approval processes and final acceptance for implementation by Government.The scope of work covers the following specific areas:
Duties and Responsibilities
A. Finance Solutions 1 – Technical Assistance for Green Bond Transaction Preparation and issuance
• Lead the development of the Green Bond Guidelines in consultation with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC);
• Finalize the green bond taxonomy and green bond guide;
• Provide technical assistance in the internal approvals of the Green Bond Guidelines and listing rules by the Committees and Boards of SEC and LuSE;
• Provide technical assistance and organize 1 international and national outreach event;
• Provide technical assistance and organize 2 dissemination workshops;
• Develop a sensitization /outreach plan and undertake a sensitization programme within the private and financial sector;
• Development of TORS for the recruitment of a consultant to provide TA support to the Green Finance Mainstreaming Working Group, including the Securities and Exchange Commission as well as develop the green bond Sectoral Taxonomy and green bond guide for Zambia;
• Development of TORs for the recruitment of a consultant to develop on green bonds market development as well as development of a green bond Sectoral Taxonomy for Zambia;
• Supervise and review documents from the consultants and provide technical assistance to finalization of the documents
B. Finance Solutions 2 – Mainstreaming biodiversity in the Green Finance Policy and implementation plan for the Financial Sector
• Provide technical advice on the creation of a green bond compendium detailing potential issuers and types of projects;
• Provide technical advice to a potential maiden issuer of a green bond;
• Development of the TORs for the recruitment of the consultant to develop the Green Finance Policy for Zambia’s finance sector;
• Supervise and review documents from the consultants and provide technical assistance to finalization of the documents.
C. Finance Solutions 3 – Developing a Green Finance Tagging/reporting for the Financial Sector
• Development of TORs for the recruitment of a consultant to develop Green Finance Tagging for the Financial Sector;
• Supervise and review documents from the consultants and provide technical assistance to finalization of the documents.
D. General Reporting and adhoc BIOFIN Global Assignments
• Submission and acceptance by UNDP of a Bi- Annual report on the BIOFIN Project in Zambia;
• Submission and acceptance by UNDP of an Annual report on the BIOFIN Project in Zambia;
• Submission and acceptance by UNDP of a report on the technical advisor’s work and attendance to various adhoc assignments by BIOFIN Global, Ministry of Green economy and Environment as well as UNDP Country Office.
The Technical Specialist will be under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Regional Technical Advisor for Africa and Central Asia Region BIOFIN and Zambia Country Office Energy & Environment Unit, the Director Climate Change and Natural Resources, Ministry of Green Economy and Natural Resources.
Achieve Results: LEVEL 3: Set and align challenging, achievable objectives for multiple projects, have lasting impact.
Think Innovatively: LEVEL 3: Proactively mitigate potential risks, develop innovative ideas to solve complex problems.
Learn Continuously: LEVEL 3: Create and act on opportunities to expand horizons, diversify experiences.
Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 3: Proactively initiate and champion change, manage multiple competing demands.
Act with Determination: LEVEL 3: Think beyond immediate task/barriers and take action to achieve greater results.
Engage and Partner: LEVEL 3: Political savvy, navigate complex landscape, champion inter-agency collaboration.
Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 3: Appreciate benefits of diverse workforce and champion inclusivity.
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
• Ability to develop effective strategies and prioritized plans in line with UNDPs objectives, based on the systemic analysis of challenges, potential risks, and opportunities, linking the vision to reality on the ground, and creating tangible solutions;
• Ability to leverage learning from a variety of sources to anticipate and respond to future trends; to demonstrate foresight to model what future developments and ways forward look like for UNDP.
Effective decision making:
• Ability to take decisions in a timely and efficient manner in line with one’s authority, area of expertise, and resources.
• Ability to understand and deal with a business situation in a manner that is likely to lead to a good outcome. Knowledge and understanding of the operational frameworks in the organization and;
• ability to make good judgments and quick decisions within such frameworks.
• Ability to create clarity around UNDP Value proposition to beneficiaries and partners and to develop services offers responding to client needs based on UNDPs organizational priorities and mandate.
• Ability to build and maintain partnerships with wide networks of stakeholders, Governments, civil society and private sector partners, experts and others in line with UNDP strategy and policies.
• Ability to prepare, support, and help individuals and teams in designing and implementing organizational change.
• Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience;
• Ability to manage communications internally and externally, through media, social media and other appropriate channels.
Required Skills and Experience
• Master’s Degree or equivalent in Finance, Economics or closely related fields.
• Minimum 7 years of experience in management or public finance, preferably at senior level in government;
• Strong analytical, writing and communication skills;
• Ability to prepare publications, reports and presentations;
• Ability to work with a multidisciplinary and multicultural team;
• Strong motivation and ability to work and deliver under short deadlines;
• Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to critical feedback;
• Able to work independently with little or no supervision;
• Experience in dealing with international and national experts and institutions;
• Evident exposure to environmental issues or biodiversity;
• Sound understanding of key software packages (MS Office);
• Previous experience or involvement in the BIOFIN Initiative preferable;
• A self-starter with strong internal motivation, able to set up systems and procedures in a ‘start up’ environment;
• Commercially astute: A high degree of business acumen, entrepreneurial spirit and willing to grow the loan guarantee activities;
• Flexibility: readily adapts to change, new products, systems, methods, and products;
• Demonstrated ability to meet aggressive deadlines per business demands, and ability to change work schedule to accommodate competing priorities.
• Fluency in English.
• Professional Chartered Accountant (CA)-ACCA is an asset.
Deadline of this Job: 30 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
Artisan Plastician x2
The company is specialized in HDPE pipes and Civil Engineering.
The company is looking for experienced Artisan Plastician who will be required to execute assigned tasks in line of trade, which may include examination of detailed drawing to find out job, material and equipment, requirement and welding of HDPE pipes.
• Making use of measuring equipment to verify dimensions of the material provided against drawings, interpret components and assembly drawings
• Usage, service, inspection and maintenance (including conditions-based) of engineering operational maintenance primary equipment like HDPE Machines, etc.
• Welding of HDPE pipes in line with parameters of the HDPE machine and proper procedures for butt and electrofusion welding.
• Proper usage of Extrusion Hand Gun & Hot Air Guns
• Dealing with precision equipment in process moulding or extrusion moulding technology.
• Conducting work in line with set quality assurance standards, work targets and specified standards
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
The successful candidate will possess a Thermoplastic Welding Competency Certificate or related qualification with Butt and Electrofusion Welding. He/she must be able to interpret drawings, specifications/isometric drawings/plans etc. Must be able to understand and implement safe working practices.
If you have these attributes submit your application and cv only indicating the job title as your subject email
Deadline of this Job: 28 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
Olibul Investments Limited is a visionary and purposeful growth-oriented Zambian company based in North-western province of Zambia. Olibul Investments Limited operates a largescale state of the art multi sand products quarry in North-western province and undertakes multi-disciplinary engineering and other project works in support of the Government buildings and road construction sector, and international mining and construction industries.
Olibul Investments Limited invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced members of the Zambian public for the following vacant position.
Auto Electrician X 1
To perform auto electrical maintenance, troubleshooting and repairing of the heavy equipment/light Vehicles such as Sino, Dongfeng, Benz, Volvo Trucks, Excavator, Frontend loader etc. To read technical manuals, schematics and auto electric control circuit diagrams, wiring of the control panels in the generators and solar panels, air conditioning system and control circuits in the heavy equipment for hydraulic control valves, pumps, auto shift transmission, with the help of electronic service tool or computer reset specification.
• Diagnose and repair automotive electrical systems and drive lines.
• Apply knowledge of automotive electronics, engines, and chassis
• Install components, such as alternators, starter motors, horns, lights, and turn signals
• Rebuild and troubleshoot electrical systems on vehicles
• Perform maintenance on batteries and charging systems
• Installing vehicle wiring systems.
• Installing and troubleshooting immobilizer and alarm systems.
• Diagnosing electrical issues and proposing a course of action on automotive electrical systems
• Repairing and replacing faulty wiring or electrical systems.
• Maintaining a clean working environment.
• Completing job reports and processing paperwork.
• Inspect and test electrical connections and components
• Replace and install electrical connectors, relays, fuses, and circuit breakers
• Connect electrical components, such as switches, starter solenoids, and wire gauges
• Insulate and wire engine compartment as well as wire electrical panels.
• Perform routine maintenance on all vehicles
• Full Grade 12 Certificate with at least credits in ‘O’ five levels including English and Mathematics
• Diploma /Craft or Technician Certificate in Auto Electrical
• Fully registered member with Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ)
• 2 to 3 years of working experience.
• Valid Driving License
• Valid Certificate in First Aid
Deadline of this Job: 14 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
Yalelo is looking for a switched-on and results-driven Engineering Manager to manage a team of skilled Engineering staff, and where the need arises, third-party suppliers, to ensure that machinery and equipment experiences minimal downtime and capital projects being delivered are technically fit for purpose and meet the required quality standards.
The role is primarily based in Siavonga- the position is open to Zambians only.
If you are an A-player, then you have what we are looking for to fill the following role: The Right-Fit candidate will:
Lead the Engineering team and oversee the daily workflow of the department.
Serve as Project Manager for multiple projects, creating timelines and cost projects, organizing collaborative meetings, and ensuring projects comply with specifications, timelines, and budgets.
Lead and coordinate various engineering functions and operations – reviewing work and projects for technical accuracy.
Establish, implement and maintain necessary policies, procedures, and standards
Ensure that all identified contractors are suitably pre-qualified/ assured for the delivery of Engineering assignments and projects.
Meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an operational expenditure budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances; initiating corrective actions.
The Engineering Manager Must Have:
Thorough understanding of Engineering theory and design criteria. Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills. Excellent analytical skills, with high attention to detail.
Excellent organization skills, with a proven ability to meet deadlines. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
Proficient with Microsoft Office or related software. Proficiency in Computer Aided Design (CAD) is desirable.
Degree or equivalent in Engineering.
Registered Member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia (essential). Over 5 years of relevant work experience.
Experience in people and /or project management. Comfortable working on a farm.
If this is YOU, Yalelo wants to hear from you today!!!
Deadline of this Job: 11 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
Lumwana Mining Company is seeking to recruit a highly committed employee for the position of Waste Water Treatment Plant Operator to join the versatile LPDC Team.
Reporting to Township Operations Coordinator, you will be responsible in ensuring optimum operation of the plant according to standard operating procedures with respect to environment and safety.
Your duties will include but not limited to the following:
– Have full understanding of the instrumentational design and operation of the new terra wastewater treatment plant
– Operation of the plant screen module, anoxic module, aeration module and the MBR module
– Have a good understanding of the trouble shooting and resetting techniques of the MBR module
– Undertake lab analysis procedures to test TSS and MLSS for plant optimization
– Ensure to undertake remedial actions on the MBR when it has High Vacuums, Low Pressure, Low Do Etcetera
– Ensure environmental protection is strictly adhered to by treating overflows with calcium hypochlorite according to standard and right quantities
– Work hand in hand with maintenance team to ensure and advice to achieve optimum production targets Check through the whole plant and ensure that all mechanical equipment and modules are in good operation and report any anomaly
To be considered for the position, you must meet the following requirements:
– Grade 12 certificate
– Certificate/Diploma in Plumbing, Chemical or Water Engineering will be an added advantage
– Have good understanding of wastewater treatment
– Experience in the mining sector will be an added advantage
– Demonstrate ability to work in a team
– Have high level safety consciousness
Deadline of this Job: 27 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
Nkana Water Supply and Sanitation Company is a Commercial Water Utility providing quality Water and Sanitation services to its customers in Kitwe, Kalulushi, and Chambishi. The Company has also been mandated to provide water and sanitation services to Lufwanyama. In its quest to improve service delivery, the Company seeks to employ suitable, highly motivated and goal-oriented professionals to fill the above vacancy
1.0 Job Purpose
To execute capital projects for the Company under the general supervision of the
Manager Planning - Infrastructure Development
2.0 Job Accountabilities
▪ Collects operational field data regarding project requirements to determine the need for the project
▪ Assists the Manager – Water and Sanitation in analyzing field data to determine whether the need is to expand or control the operations
▪ Carries out site inspections and supervision of projects being executed by contractors to ensure that specifications are being adhered to
▪ Assists the Manager – Water and Sanitation in designing new infrastructure and re-designing infrastructure as directed
▪ Assists the Manager – Water and Sanitation in preparation of Contract Specifications and Bidding Documents in conjunction with Purchasing and Supply Department
▪ Undertakes arrangement of project liaison meetings ensuring all logistics and programs are in place
▪ Liaises with City Council to obtain development plans for new residential areas, extension to town, commercial and industrial sites to assess requirement for water and sewer
▪ Undertakes survey of areas with the aid of specialized equipment such as theodolites and levels satellite GPS Epanet system to obtain necessary data for developing pipe network plans for both water and sewer
▪ Designs and develops pipe network drawings showing distribution pipe layout from tap point to development site using computer-based application, pumps selection for water and sewer plants applications
3.0 Qualifications and Experience
▪ Full Grade 12 Certificate with at least credits in five (05) ‘O’ Levels including Mathematics and English
▪ Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/Mechanical Engineering
▪ Post Graduate qualification in Project Management will be an added advantage
▪ At least three (03) years’ relevant work experience
▪ Must be between 35 and 45 years of age
▪ Must be a member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia
4.0 Additional Attributes Required for the Job
▪ Ability to delegate tasks
▪ Strong communication skills – both verbal and written
▪ Must be Innovative
▪ Must be a Team Player
▪ Computer literate in MS Word, MS-Excel, MS-Project, MS-Power Point.