Deadline of this Job: 30 September 2022
Contract Name: USAID Local Impact Governance Activity
Type: Long Term Technical Assistance
Salary Grade: Grade 9
Period of Performance: On/around October 15, 2022 – November 1, 2025
1. Activity Overview
The five-year (2020-2025) USAID Local Impact Governance Activity (Local Impact) is helping Zambia build up a sub-national system of governance for devolved service delivery more responsive to citizen needs. The program is engaging national and sub-national authorities to expand the capabilities of partner provinces and districts to deliver sustainable development outcomes, increase effective citizen and private-sector involvement in development planning and monitoring, and improve public financial management and domestic revenue generation.
The activity is specifically working toward three objectives:
Objective 1: Citizens improve their collective skills to effectively assess service delivery needs and performance and constructively engage with government.
Objective 2: The sub-national governance system becomes more responsive to citizen needs, generates, and accountably expends revenue, and improves service-delivery outcomes.
Objective 3: The program generates learning and facilitates problem solving that supports the development of an effective, financially viable sub-national governance system for devolved services, capable of being scaled up throughout Zambia.
1. Role’s Purpose
The Knowledge and Data Management Specialist will work directly with the MEL Team to lead the Knowledge and Data Management activities of the project under the supervision of the CLA Director. S/he will oversee the design, implementation, and maintenance of project Management Information Systems (MIS) and Knowledge Management platforms to meet the information and knowledge needs of the project, USAID, Government of Zambia (GRZ) and other stakeholders. S/he will be responsible for managing database tools and protocols for high-quality and meaningful real-time analysis, visualization, and reporting for Local Impact’s monitoring and learning. S/he will work in close coordination with the data collection team and the Communications and Outreach Coordinator to ensure collaboration and consistency across the MEL data system. S/he will also be responsible for maximizing usability of the system through regular consultation and capacity building of the wider Local Impact team on MEL and data management tools and workflows. S/he will support project and Learning Lab Partners maintain the virtual and physical Knowledge and Information Hubs to ensure ease of access, user-friendliness, and currency of resources. Additionally, the Knowledge and Data Management Specialist will assist in the development and execution of surveys, studies, and reports.
Data Management Function
• Development and implementation of data collection and data entry tools and database protocols for optimal and iterative analysis to meet monitoring, evaluation, and reporting need.
• Support the design, implementation, and maintenance of MIS to meet the needs of the project, USAID, GRZ, and other stakeholder.
• Manage MIS access, security, integrity, and backup procedures
• Build the capacity of project and partner staff in the use of the project MIS.
• Ensure that the MIS is regularly updated with up-to-date data.
• Supports the MEL team in collection, verification, and update of data; monitors data accuracy, entry, and cleaning; and maintains accurate and up-to-date metadata.
• In collaboration with the MEL Team Lead, responsible for designing and providing regular staff training, technical support, and oversight on data management Support the design and implementation of electronic data collection and reporting tools to support the project adherence to the donor reporting requirement.
• Lead efforts to improve data use at all levels, through development of insightful data visualization to inform service delivery and activity programming.
• Support the project teams with pre-defined and customized indicators performance dashboard to support performance gaps identification and tailored improvement plans.
• Support the integration of MIS with USAID Development Information Solution (DIS) and reporting of indicator data to USAID.
• Development of high-quality, dynamic data visualizations and reports, integrating a range of formats for use in planning and reporting.
• Contribute to high quality analytical products, examining trends and best practices across objectives for use in program management and new business opportunities.
• Supports the CLA Director to deliver progress reports.
• Perform any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge Management Function
• Support project and Learning Lab Partners maintain the virtual and physical Knowledge and Information Hubs to ensure ease of access, user-friendliness, and currency of resources.
• Support the project regularly disseminate relevant information and knowledge to stakeholders through the Learning Lab.
• Support the project integrate audio, video, and graphics into the virtual Knowledge and Information Hub.
• Support the Learning Lab partners regularly update the virtual and physical Knowledge and Information Hubs, maintaining information in a systematic manner.
• Coordinate with project teams and partners to track and publish high-quality Knowledge Management (KM) deliverables by set deadlines.
• Support organization of learning activities such as pause and reflects, learning summits and after-action review.
• Work with the Learning Lab to design and implement operational research and evaluations to inform learning, adaptive management, and development of Policy Briefs.
• Contribute to the development of policies, implementation practices and processes for improving knowledge management, organizational learning, and related activities inclusive of processes for After Action Reviews, Pause and Reflect and Learning Summits.
• Provides technical support and training, as needed, to the project partners and technical staff to improve their requisite skills in knowledge management.
• Coordinate responses to requests for information from partners and stakeholders.
• Support project in designing and formatting communication and knowledge products.
• Provides leave of absence cover for staff as required.
• Escalates any issues to his/her supervisor immediately.
• Prepared to travel to project provincial offices as required.
• Performs any other duties as assigned
3. Place Of Performance and Reporting
• The position will be based in the Local Impact Project’s main office in Lusaka, Zambia and will report to the CLA Director.
• There may be some travel to provincial offices.
4. Minimum Education Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
• Bachelor’s degree in a field of preferably in Computer Science, IT,Statistics, or a related discipline.
• At least 8 years of experience in designing and maintain websites, MIS and, Power BI or Tableau.
• Experience with digital data collection using Open Data Kit, Fulcrum, iFormBuilder, FormHub or other online or offline digital data collection solutions.
• Experience with data analysis using R, Python, SPSS, or Stata or other statistical software.
• Fluency in English and strong writing abilities.
• Ability to solve complex technical and ability to respond effectively to time sensitive demands & inquiries.
• Excellent organizational skills with a willingness to take initiative and be proactive.
• An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and appropriate professional image.
• Good computer, web and publishing skills (MS Office, Joomla CMS, RSS feeds, Adobe Suite).
• Demonstrated capacity to promote knowledge sharing and knowledge products and systems.
• Thorough understanding of current Knowledge Management technologies, including Web
Deadline of this Job: 25 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
Ubumi Prisons Initiative works with health, including mental health, education and reintegration/rehabilitation with a solid departure in international human rights and local law. We work to support the general inmate population, but with a particular focus on vulnerable groups. These are among others circumstantial children aged 0-4, pregnant women and mothers, juveniles and the seriously ill, as well as psychologically vulnerable. We are an international organization based in both Denmark and Zambia.
We are seeking an experienced, skilled, and enthusiastic Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to play a key role in advancing M&E in our health, education, reintegration and human rights work in the Zambian Correctional Facilities/prisons. This role will work to advance Ubumi’s monitoring and evaluation capacities and help the organisation to become better able to assess the impact of our work and to continuously improve our programs. We are a small team and even if we are seeking a strong M&E profile, it is expected of you to help out across the board, as it is with all other staff members.
The M&E officer will be responsible for designing and implementing M&E systems and activities of Ubumi’s programs and work in close collaboration with the management, programs team, partners and other relevant stakeholders. The M&E Officer will be required at times to work onsite within correctional facilities/prisons. The main location of workPersonal will be in Lusaka with monthly travels to other provinces. This is a full-time position reporting to the Country Coordinator. The initial contract offered will be for 6 months starting October/November 2022 with a possibility of extension.
• Develop and strengthen monitoring, inspection, and evaluation procedures
• Monitor all program activities and progress towards achieving the program outputs
• Recommend further development of the organisation’s theory of change and logical framework
• Contribute to efforts to build staff, partner and volunteer M&E capacity through trainings
• Develop monitoring and impact indicators for programming success
• Support and contribute to the organisation’s annual report as well as quarterly and annual reports to donors
• Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results
• Provide technical input for, design, and implement evaluations, M&E frameworks, data collection instruments and methods and data analysis.
• Provide technical assistance to proposal development, as needed
• Attend meetings and conferences as needed to maintain the knowledge and skills required for the position
• Design of M&E systems and tools
• Preparation of monthly reports
• Assist the Program team in preparing other relevant reports
• Assist the Program team in the preparation of reports on the findings and lessons learned from projects
• Prepare and maintain the database
• Any other tasks deemed necessary by the management
• Organises and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources, and multiple reporting relationships
• Plans, coordinates and organizes workload while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines
• Establishes, builds, and maintains effective working relationships with staff, partners and other stakeholders to facilitate the provision of support
Required Skills and Experience
• BA and preferably MA Degree in Social Sciences, Public Health, or related field.
• At least 3 years of experience in the design and implementation of M&E in health and development projects implemented by national/international NGOs/UN bodies/Governments
• Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis, and production of reports
• Experience in Microsoft Excel is a requirement
• Experience in designing and conducting evaluations
• Proven ICT skills
• Experience in analysing data using statistical software is an advantage
• Excellent professional knowledge of English (written/oral/comprehension)
• Knowledge of local language preferable (Nyanja or Bemba)
Deadline of this Job: 10 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
The Zambia Compulsory Standards Agency (ZCSA) is a body corporate created by the Compulsory Standards Act No. 3 of 2017 whose mandate is to inter alia administer, maintain and ensure compliance with compulsory standards.
The Zambia Compulsory Standards Agency wishes to invite suitably qualified and experienced individuals to fill the vacant positions of Head of Communications, Internal Auditor, Inspector, Administrative Assistant, Accounts Assistant, Driver and Office Assistant.
INSPECTOR-IMPORT QUALITY MONITORING ZCS 05 x8 (Kazungula 04, Chirundu 02, Mwami 01 and Chanida 01)
• Coordinates effectively, import inspections in order to ensure foreign manufactured products comply with compulsory standards.
• Coordinates effectively, market surveillances in order to ensure continued post-market compliance with compulsory standards
• Coordinates effectively, the updating of the database in order to facilitate storage retrieval and processing of information
• Coordinates effectively, investigation on consumer complaints in order to address the risks and recommend remedial measures
• Coordinates timely development of individual work plans and implementation of the Annual Performance Appraisal System (APAS) in order to monitor, evaluate and enhance performance
B. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND PERSONALATTRIBUTES
• Full Grade 12 School Certificate or its equivalent
• Degree in Science or Engineering or its equivalent
• 3 years work experience
• Valid Driver’s License will be an added advantage
• Able to write a technical report
• Able to communicate fluently in English
• Analytical skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Computer Literate
Deadline of this Job: 10 October 2022
Deadline of this Job: 29 September 2022
Deadline of this Job: 03 October 2022