Deadline of this Job: 30 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
Through the Amplifying Citizens’ Voices for Effective Participation in Local Governance Grant under the Local Impact Governance Project, the Local Government Association of Zambia (LGAZ) requires the services of an experienced Service Provider to serve as a Communications Specialist to develop a Citizens Guide.
3. Tasks and responsibilities
The detailed roles and responsibilities of the consultant will be to:
• Develop compelling, engaging and creative communications and engagement with Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials on citizen participation in local government such as posters, flyers etc.
• Undertake research on effectiveness of institutional arrangements in local government that enable community participation
• Support the development and strengthening of tools/guides for public participation and citizen engagement in local government.
• Support the development and strengthening of local authorities’ social media presence, increasing engagement and reach across channels and audiences in line with public participation in local government.
• Work to elevate local authorities’ identity and role within the community.
• Provide communications and engagement support for the Grant
• Deliver additional tasks, duties or responsibilities as required from time to time.
4. Key Deliverables
The consultant will be required to provide the following outputs during the execution of the assignment
1. Research report on formal and informal citizen engagement mechanisms in planning, budgeting and local decision making
2. IEC Materials (posters, flyers, brochures etc.) citizen participation in local government, local authority own source revenue such as tax and non – tax revenue obligations, decentralization and other topical issues in local government
5. Implementation timeframe
The consultancy shall be undertaken over a period of six (6) months non-renewable to start running from the date of signing the consultancy agreement.
Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in mass communication or any other relevant field
At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in the field of public relations, communications or related
Extensive knowledge of the communications process and planning
Proficient in the use of MS Office, social media software, and other digital media platforms
Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of local government, civic engagement and decentralization is an added advantage
Demonstrates professional competence and is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results
Practical experience working in social media
Proven content writing and social media experience
Coordinates with others to obtain information, writes, edits, designs
Prepares and supervises the production of brochures, events materials, photographs, newsletters, website etc.
Excellent grammar, composition, and proofreading skills with superior attention to detail.
Experience in copywriting and editing
Deadline of this Job: 10 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
The Zambia Compulsory Standards Agency (ZCSA) is a body corporate created by the Compulsory Standards Act No. 3 of 2017 whose mandate is to inter alia administer, maintain and ensure compliance with compulsory standards.
A. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supervises and undertakes timely, development and review of a communications strategy in order to guide information dissemination
• Undertakes timely, dissemination of information to the public and other stakeholders in order to keep them informed
• Supervises and undertakes timely, preparation of press statements and briefings in order to provide information
• Supervises timely, the management of website and social media platforms in order to effectively interact with the public and stakeholders
• Supervises timely, the design and layout, and copyediting and editing of annual reports and other publications in order to ensure quality of publications
• Undertakes effectively, protocol duties in order to enhance the image of the Agency
• Supervises timely, preparation of information and communication reports in order to facilitate informed decision making
• Supervises and undertakes timely development of work plans in order to facilitate the monitoring and evaluation of performance
• Supervises effectively, staff and other resources of the Section in order to facilitate the attainment of the Unit’s objectives
B. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
• Full Grade 12 Certificate
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communications or its equivalent
• Minimum 7 years relevant work experience of which 2 years should be at supervisory level
• Analytical skills
• Research skills
• Good Interpersonal skills
• Tact and Diplomacy
• Computer literate
• Must be of Sober character
• Must be a member of The Zambia Public Relations Association (ZAPRA).