Deadline of this Job: 05 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
Human Resource and Administration Officer
Company: Zambezi Cashews Company Limited
Zambezi Cashews Company Limited is a Company that is wholly owned by Industrial Development Corporation (“IDC”). The commercial plantation is located in the Likonge-Nabala area of Mongu of the Western Province of Zambia. It seeks to establish a cashew processing plant at to add value to the cashew nuts produced at the plantation as well as third party cashew nut plantations from within the province. As part of its growth strategy, a need has arisen to fill the position of Human Resource and Administration Officer.
• Carry out the recruitment of staff.
• Coordinating staff welfare.
• Undertake all payroll related work and ensure payment of staff.
• Management of disciplinary and grievance matters.
• Manage all employee records.
• Ensure that staff fully understand the company HR policies
• Prepare all required HR reports
• Manage employee training and development.
• Manage staff separations.
• Undertake any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience
• Must be 18 years and above.
• Must have a Grade 12 certificate.
• Minimum of a Diploma in Human Resources Management or other relevant field.
• Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience.
Competencies required for this Role
Should be a member of Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management (ZIHRM) with a valid practicing license
Deadline of this Job: 29 September 2022JOB DETAILS:
About Project HOPE
Project HOPE established an office in Lusaka, Zambia in 2019 to contribute to the HIV epidemic control goal in Zambia by helping mitigate the risk and impact of HIV and AIDS among Vulnerable Children and Adolescents and their caregivers.
Project HOPE continues to work with government, the private sector, local and international NGOs to improve outcomes for HIV, TB and Malaria, Maternal newborn and child health and Non communicable diseases. We work to support Child protection, social protection, and advocacy for Child and related health policies and Health systems strengthening.
Project HOPE seeks to recruit a Human Resources and Administration Officer to be based in Lusaka. The Human Resources and Administration Officer will be responsible for supporting and advising the Country program on various HR processes and systems. H/She will carry out responsibilities in the following areas: support and advice in setting up or enhancing recruitment and selection, employee orientation and induction, performance management, benefits management, and record management. This position is also responsible for supporting administrative functions, such as facilities management.
• Maintain employee database through Human Resource Information System (HRIS).
• Coordinates the recruitment and selection process i.e, drafting job descriptions, job adverts, facilitating pre-interviews assessment, interviewing, shortlisting, new-employee orientation and employee relations counselling in-line with Project HOPE Zambia Policy.
• Manage staff contracts and ensuring that the contract meets legal requirement.
• Assist in the development and reviewing of Human Resources policies and procedures.
• Implement Human Resources strategies and prepare HR reports to support management decisions.
• Provide performance management guidance to line managers and employees.
• Assist in coordinating staff development and training programs.
• Support coaching, mentoring and other developmental opportunities.
• Assist in preparation of all disciplinary and grievance matters that arise and ensuring they are handled in accordance with internal policy and Zambian Labour Law.
• Coordinates and manages relationships with medical insurance providers and Group Life Assurance providers.
• Implement and manage employee wellness programs.
• Updating and monitoring individual leave days on the HR Database and maintenance of accurate posting.
• Maintain up to date records of Human Resource Information and statistics including employee files.
• Prepare exit separation documents for staff leaving Project HOPE.
• Overseeing the execution of administrative support services at Head Office.
• Prepare regular reports expenses and office budgets.
• Ensure Visa processing, hotel reservation, in-country travel plan, communication and confirmation of appointment and shuttled arrangements for international staff are done.
• Oversee the overall maintenance of all Project HOPE office premises, facilities assets and equipment (physical work environment) in country and ensure that these are secure, in working order and efficiently utilized.
• Responsible for Compliance with Health and Safety regulations in accordance with Project HOPE.
• Responsible for stores management.
Reporting and Organizational Relationship:
The Human Resources and Administration Officer reports to the Country Representative.
• Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Industrial Psychology or Social Sciences.
• Minimum of 3- 5 years’ experience of human resource management.
• Good working knowledge of donor programs such as PEPFAR, USAID and/or CDC is preferred.
• Registered member of Zambia Institute of Human Resources Management.
• Knowledge of the local labor laws, employment practices and industrial relations.
• Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint preferred.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, preferred.
• Fluent in English and Zambian languages.