Deadline of this Job: 13 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
Through its Country Offices, or FAO Representations, FAO assists governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to address hunger and malnutrition, and provides technical support for the sustainable development of their agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors. The activities of the FAO Country Offices include design and implementation of country-tailored field programmes, liaison with local donor representatives, and active public awareness-raising and outreach activities related to FAO initiatives such as the World Food Day.
The position is located in the FAO Representation in Lusaka, Zambia.
The Procurement Assistant supports and coordinates day-to-day procurement operations, including specialized processes and functions, ensuring consistency, timeliness and conformity with relevant rules, procedures and practices. He/she provides procedural guidance to clients and staff across the Organization regarding procurement rules and procedures.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative and the direct supervision of the Assistant FAO Representative (Administration), the Procurement Assistant is responsible for the day-to-day operations in conformity with the relevant rules, procedures and practices of the Organization. Work is performed applying initiative and judgement. The incumbent may coordinate the work of other procurement support staff. Supervision/guidance received is focused on the appropriateness of actions and the quality of work outputs.
The incumbent works closely with a wide range of colleagues both within the work unit, with client offices and with suppliers, providing the full range of procurement support services.
• Perform and as necessary coordinate all procurement actions related to the assigned area of responsibility: retrieve purchase requisitions, enter potential suppliers/ contractors into relevant systems, prepare all documents related to the procurement action including tender documents, issuance of Purchase Orders, Service Orders, simple contracts, amendments and renewals, handle all related incoming and outgoing correspondence and documentation; inform the supervisor of the status and any issues, problems and discrepancies;
• Follow-up on purchase orders and contracts: monitor receipt of order confirmation, shipment and receipt of goods and services, receipt of performance bonds or other necessary documentation;
• Plan, organize and coordinate delivery schedules involving contact with international suppliers, domestic/international transportation companies, and Italian customs for international and national merchandise to FAO;
• Review invoices of incoming goods and custom’s clearance fees for accuracy; bring to the supervisor’s attention any discrepancies which may arise, prior to processing the payment;
• Identify potential sources of supply for goods and services required;
• Maintain database records regarding procurement actions undertaken, assigned tenders, purchase orders and contracts;
• Prepare and review periodic monitoring reports, taking action as instructed;
• Provide advice and support to other Procurement Assistants and to clients across the Organization on procurement procedures, regulations and the use of the ERP Procurement Modules;
• Perform other duties as required.
Impact Of Work
The incumbent’s work impacts on the quality, timeliness and efficiency of FAO’s procurement operations.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
Education: Secondary School Education.
Work Experience and Knowledge: Four years of experience in administrative, accounting and/ or procurement support work.
Languages: Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English. IT Skills: Good knowledge of the MS Office package, Internet and office technology equipment.
Residency: General Service Staff are recruited locally. To be eligible for this position, candidates must be nationals of the country of the duty station or possess an existing visa/work permit, and reside within commuting distance of the duty station at the time of the application. “Commuting distance” means the distance within which staff members can travel daily between their place of work and their residence.
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Very good knowledge of the corporate computerized financial/travel/procurement/human resources systems.
• Very good knowledge of standard procurement regulations and procedures.
Desirable Qualifications And Skills
• Knowledge of another FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) will be considered an advantage.
FAO staff are expected to adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency
Deadline of this Job: 07 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
Shall be responsible for overseeing the people management of the company.
Shall be responsibel for talent management, training and development, employer – employee relationships, maintenance of the company culture, compensation and benefits, handling disciplinary actions, and HR compliance, among others.
1. Interpret and disseminate the conditions of services to members of staff.
2. Manage the recruitment, retention, training and development process of staff.
3. Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances and other issues.
4. Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management.
5. Maintain pay plan and benefits program.
6. Approving job descriptions and advertisements.
7. Negotiating salaries, contracts, working conditions with staff and representatives.
8. Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports, develop, and maintain filing system
9. Draft, update and maintain office policies and procedures
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience
• Grade 12 Certificate
• Diploma/ Professional Qualification in relevant field
• Professional Membership
• 3 years of work experience in similar position