Deadline of this Job: 06 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
Zambia National Commercial Bank Plc (Zanaco) is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the following job aimed at contributing to the Bank’s strategic vision, in the Operations Division under the Supply Chain Management Department at Head O¬ice: –
This function is responsible for the acquisition of goods, services and works for the bank and ensure that they are delivered in accordance with agreed standards and cost as well as management of contracts to ensure that the Bank’s interest is protected in the procurement of goods and services.
Under the supervision of the Contract Management Head, the following are among the Job Key Responsibilities:
• To identify, deliver, manage and record cost saving initiatives
• Drive strategic sourcing through management of all strategic tenders and management of strategic vendors
• Contract administration for all contracts with suppliers to drive continual quality and cost improvements.
• Identifies and researches potential new suppliers to be added to the supplier list and keep a pre-qualified list of approved vendors for the respective Unit.
• Researches new products and services to meet companies goals as per requests assigned
• To manage and attend to all sourcing and purchasing requests received.
• Ensuring all Bank requirements are complied and authority to proceed is obtained were necessary for new sourcing requirements.
• To draft RFx for all initiatives identified by the business units and internal initiatives.
• To ensure RFx are approved by the business units before sending to the vendors. Specifications must be approved by the business
• To attend to all tender clarifications and send out addendum as per tender guidelines
• To organize and hold pre-bid meetings when required and send out minutes to the bidders.
• To conduct tender opening sessions and prepare tender opening minutes
• To store bid documents and all procurement records in a safe and secure manner
• To conduct tender evaluations in accordance with the procurement procedures
• Negotiating with suppliers to ensure that Commercial Terms of all contracts bank-wide have adequately covered the banks interest and are in line with Bank Policy.
• Ensures that all documentation and procedures have been followed before approvals are obtained.
• To coordinate Management Tender Committee meetings and ensure records of minutes of meetings held are drafted and filled.
• To ensure all contracts are drafted, reviewed by the Bank and Supplier to ensure that the bank gets value for money in all contracts and sourcing agreements.
• Purchase Order management:
• To obtain contract manager nominations for all contracts
• Attend to all contract variations and contract exit process.
• To train contract managers i.e sensitization of roles and responsibilities of contract managers bi-annually.
• Facilitate the contract renewal process so that contracts are renewed before expiry.
• To conduct negotiations on contracts on price and risk factors.
• Keep contract tracker of all contract updated at all times and ensure alerts for contract expiry are sent to the respective contract manager on time
• Developing and nurturing good relationships with vendors.
• Manage potential service level and legal issues arising from vendor relationships
• To be the procurement point of contact for all procurement requests from the unit allocated.
• To provide guidance to Business Units on all procurement related matters
• To engage and conduct stakeholder strategic meetings monthly with Divisional Chiefs and Heads of Departments
• To respond to all business unit queries for your respective units.
• Send weekly report to assigned business units
• Ensuring that all risks applicable to your area are identified, assessed, reported and captured in the risk register.
• Any other responsibilities or tasks as maybe assigned by management.
• External: Suppliers, Vendors, Consultants
• Internal: All Internal Business Units
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• University Degree in Purchasing & Supply Management or any other relevant field
• Grade 12 Credit or above mandatory in Mathematics and English and any other three subjects
• Minimum of four (4) years’ work experience in strategic sourcing
• Demonstrated understating of Supply Chain Management procedures and logistics
• Good interpersonal, and communication and negotiation skills.
• Member of the Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply (ZIPS)
JOB CORE COMPETENCIES
• Data Analytical skills
• Decision making
• Strategic planning abilities
• Understating of Supply Chain Management procedures and logistics
• Planning and Organizing
• Verbal & Written communication skills
Deadline of this Job: 15 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) contributes to the achievement of the 2030 Agenda through the FAO Strategic Framework by supporting the transformation to MORE efficient, inclusive, resilient and sustainable agrifood systems, for better production, better nutrition, a better environment, and a better life, leaving no one behind.
Through its Country Offices, or FAO Representations, FAO assists governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to address hunger and malnutrition, and provides technical support for the sustainable development of their agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors. The activities of the FAO Country Offices include design and implementation of country-tailored field programmes, liaison with local donor representatives, and active public awareness-raising and outreach activities related to FAO initiatives such as the World Food Day.
The position is located in the FAO Representation in Lusaka, Zambia.
The Procurement Assistant supports and coordinates day-to-day procurement operations, including specialized processes and functions, ensuring consistency, timeliness and conformity with relevant rules, procedures and practices. He/she provides procedural guidance to clients and staff across the Organization regarding procurement rules and procedures.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative and the direct supervision of the Assistant FAO Representative (Administration), the Procurement Assistant is responsible for the day-to-day operations in conformity with the relevant rules, procedures and practices of the Organization. Work is performed applying initiative and judgement. The incumbent may coordinate the work of other procurement support staff. Supervision/guidance received is focused on the appropriateness of actions and the quality of work outputs.
The incumbent works closely with a wide range of colleagues both within the work unit, with client offices and with suppliers, providing the full range of procurement support services.
• Perform and as necessary coordinate all procurement actions related to the assigned area of responsibility: retrieve purchase requisitions, enter potential suppliers/ contractors into relevant systems, prepare all documents related to the procurement action including tender documents, issuance of Purchase Orders, Service Orders, simple contracts, amendments and renewals, handle all related incoming and outgoing correspondence and documentation; inform the supervisor of the status and any issues, problems and discrepancies;
• Follow-up on purchase orders and contracts: monitor receipt of order confirmation, shipment and receipt of goods and services, receipt of performance bonds or other necessary documentation;
• Plan, organize and coordinate delivery schedules involving contact with international suppliers, domestic/international transportation companies, and Italian customs for international and national merchandise to FAO;
• Review invoices of incoming goods and custom’s clearance fees for accuracy; bring to the supervisor’s attention any discrepancies which may arise, prior to processing the payment;
• Identify potential sources of supply for goods and services required;
• Maintain database records regarding procurement actions undertaken, assigned tenders, purchase orders and contracts;
• Prepare and review periodic monitoring reports, taking action as instructed;
• Provide advice and support to other Procurement Assistants and to clients across the Organization on procurement procedures, regulations and the use of the ERP Procurement Modules;
• Perform other duties as required.
Impact Of Work
The incumbent’s work impacts on the quality, timeliness and efficiency of FAO’s procurement operations.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
Education: Secondary School Education.
Work Experience and Knowledge: Four years of experience in administrative, accounting and/ or procurement support work.
Languages: Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English. IT Skills: Good knowledge of the MS Office package, Internet and office technology equipment.
Residency: General Service Staff are recruited locally. To be eligible for this position, candidates must be nationals of the country of the duty station or possess an existing visa/work permit, and reside within commuting distance of the duty station at the time of the application. “Commuting distance” means the distance within which staff members can travel daily between their place of work and their residence.
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Technical Skills
• Very good knowledge of the corporate computerized financial/travel/procurement/human resources systems.
• Very good knowledge of standard procurement regulations and procedures.
• Desirable Qualifications And Skills
• Knowledge of another FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) will be considered an advantage.