4 Electrical Engineer
3 years’ experience
1. Knowledge in Electromechanical or telecoms will be an added advantage
2. EIZ registered
3. Clean driving license
4. Sober minded
5. Works without supervision
6. Team player
Position Title: Technical Advisor – Capacity Development and Quality x1
Profile: TECH31014 – Technical Advisor I
Project: CDC/FHI 360 Technical Assistance (TA) Project
Location: Chipata, Eastern Province, Zambia
Reports to: Care & Treatment Lead
About FHI 360
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Technical Advisor (TA)- Capacity Development and Quality
Summary of Position:
Under the direction of the Principle Investigator (PI) and the direct supervision of the Care and Treatment Lead, the Technical Advisor–CD/Q will provide technical leadership in the design and execution of sound technical strategies and best practices in the program areas targeted by this project. The Technical Advisor-CD/Q will enhance overall health systems and quality assurance/improvement. This includes strengthening the capacity of the District Health Offices (PHO) assigned and other key stakeholders to apply FHI 360’s Total Quality Leadership and Accountability (TQLA)© model and to ensure strong linkages to care and treatment for HIV, prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV (PMTCT) services, clinical management of HIV/AIDS and reproductive health (RH) services towards the achievement of UNAIDS 95-95-95. S/he will use statistical analysis systems, such as other data analytics as appropriate to ensure respectful, responsible, responsive client experience. .
Duties and responsibilities
• Support the development of capacity optimization plan(s) for identified sites, covering clients’ experience/performance; technical performance; internal processes; and innovations, learning and growth.
• Provide technical expertise in the development, design and operationalization of TQLA tools, such as target setting tools, burndown charts, data visualization windows, power point slides, etc.
• Integrate TQLA concepts and support the development of various innovative processes for optimizing management/leadership abilities for improved program performance. Core areas of support will include but are not limited to granular level data collection, reporting and utilization for decision making.
• Lead a team of technical experts (project staff) to deliver focused support in core HIV program technical areas.
• Collaborate with EPHO, DHOs and sub district Quality Improvement teams as well as supported facilities to develop and support QI strategies and approaches in line with project objectives and adhering to national QI principles
• Provide guidance to facility level CQI teams making sure that they are thoroughly familiar with idea conceptualization, root cause analysis, development of change ideas, implementation, monitoring and reporting to demonstrate evidence of improvement
• Participate in the design of QI projects, especially in the re-design of systems of care, and in focus areas related to HIV specific service delivery
• Review and improve technical strategies employed under health systems segment to ensure the project work plan is adhered to and implemented with measurable success in all components
• Provide technical support to training curriculum needs development, assessment and monitoring tools development in all health service programs.
• Conducts clinical skills trainings (along with Ministry of Health Trainers) virtual and/or face-to-face training and on-site QI coaching and evaluation training sessions, workshops.
• Carrying out data analysis for decision-making: QA dashboard data analysis, using visualization software, to produce monthly and quarterly reports and to inform work plans.
• Identifying gaps in meeting the minimum service standards in service delivery and identifying sustainable, site-level driven program improvement solutions
• Participating in donor led Granular site management (GSM) and SIMS activities to supported sites and documenting findings and, working with facilities to develop remediation plans
• Keeping a library on innovative approaches, best practices, and evidence-based improvement strategies in form of case studies, success stories, abstracts, video clips in addition to the routine updates, quarterly and annual reports.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Desired knowledge, skills and attributes
• In-depth knowledge of Zambian public health sector and clinical settings, including governmental and non-governmental contexts.
• Advanced training in HIV Clinical Care/ART and/or CT/PMTCT.
• Experience having used and trained others in FHI 360’s TQLA© model.
• Registered member of the Health Professions Council of Zambia (HPCZ)
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others, including developing and maintaining compatibility among project staff, consultants, sub-awardees and recipients of project TA and support.
• Demonstrated management and team-building skills, including relevant experience in direct supervision of professional staff.
• Articulate and able to communicate in a clear, professional manner with clients and staff.
• Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of social, political ethical issues around HIV infections.
• Ability to work independently and manage a high-volume workflow.
Master’s Degree in Public Health (MPH) or its international equivalent. MBCHB/MBBS/Medical Doctor (MD) degree with at least 8 years of relevant experience OR Medical Licentiate, Clinical Officer or related degree with at least 10 years of relevant experience. Expertise in prevention, care and treatment focusing on adult and pediatric ART including eMTCT and TB at the clinical level, with the ability to understand full range of issues around the clinical management . Sound technical knowledge of HIV prevention strategies such as Recency testing, Smart testing approaches, VMMC, PreP and Cervical cancer Familiarity with FHI 360’s Total Quality Leadership and Accountability (TQLA)© model, or very similar approaches to adaptive management and data use. At least 5 years of senior-level experience within INGO-led, USG-funded public health programs focusing on HIV/AIDS, including ART. Demonstrated ability to interact professionally with, gain credibility/respect from, and maintain strong relationships with key project stakeholders, especially PHOs and DHOs.
Ability to read, write and speak fluent English.
Note: Relocation is not available for this position. Individuals currently residing in advertised locations are encouraged to apply.
The Government of the Republic of Zambia through the Ministry of Education strengthen the school Infrastructure Section by employing technical personnel to fill vacancies that have arisen at Provincial level as a result of increased civil works to be undertaken. Successful candidates will serve on two (2) year contracts of employment.
The Ministry of Education is therefore inviting applications from suitably qualified Zambian Nationals who meet the minimum requirements to fill six (6) Resident Engineers positions for Central, Eastern, Muchinga, North Western, Southern and Western Provinces.
2. Job Title: Resident Engineer
The Resident Engineer will be responsible for providing oversight on the following activities and duties:
• Supervise the construction of Schools in the respective Provinces,
• Supervise the Contractors engaged and ensure adherence to contract specifications
• Monitor, evaluate and report on progress of construction works and installation of equipment and furniture;
• Preparation of sketch designs and construction details, and Perform any other duties assigned to him/her by the Ministry of Education
The Resident Engineer will report to the Assistant Director – Education Infrastructure Unit, Ministry of Education – Headquarters.
Knowledge and skills requirements
• A full Grade Twelve School Certificate with five (5) ‘O’ Level credits or better including English Language and Mathematics or its equivalent
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Construction, or Architecture from a recognized University.
• A Master’s degree is an added advantage.
• Must be registered with the relevant professional body with a current practicing license.
• 5 to 7 years’ on-site supervision of construction works .
• Knowledge and experience in using relevant software design applications
• Must be a Zambian Citizen;
• Candidate should provide three (3) traceable referees who can be contacted by the Ministry for any information;
• Must be willing to work odd hours away from home and willing to travel extensively within the respective province or throughout the country;
• Must be self-motivated and work with minimum supervision;
• Should be able to interact with different kinds of people in the communities;
• Must be fluent in both written and spoken English language, and
• Should have a valid SADC Driver’s License.
To coordinate and undertake the provision of all expert-level support to core & radio network operations activities.
Degree in Telecommunications or equivalent
Member of EIZ
Minimum Experience :
Minimum of 4 years’ relevant technical experience in core and radio network design, configuration and network management experience is required
Has expanded technical knowledge in core and radio technology