Deadline of this Job: 13 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
Context of Tender
Procurement of services for borehole Geophysical site survey, borehole drilling, water quality and pump testing for 12 borehole sites located in Southern, Eastern and Central Provinces.
SNV is implementing a project inspired by concepts and lessons from SILMS and E4A projects (an agricultural and a biogas project respectively). The project is called INCREASE (Increasing Climate Resilience in Energy and Agricultural Systems and Entrepreneurship). The INCREASE project is a 7 million Euros SIDA funded project promoting climate resilience in energy, agriculture, and food systems.
• Identification of sites with potential for successful borehole drilling in the proposed locations for the INCREASE demo field in Central, Southern, and Eastern Province.
• Geophysical report with approximate drilling depth and other appropriate technical information for the sites identified in (i).
• Drilling works carried out on the 12 sites identified in (i)
• Borehole report with results on water quality testing and pump testing result for the 12 sites identified in (i)
Annex – Locations (i)
1. Zimba, Choma and Mazabuka – 5 boreholes
2. Lusangazi, Nyimba, Katete and Chasefu – 4 boreholes
3. Kabwe – 3 boreholes
• Proven track record in borehole geophysical site survey, drilling, water quality and pump testing.
Deadline of this Job: 18 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Overall Job Purpose
• Provide technical support to plant operations by collection of plant data and measurements
• Implementing and applying thought solutions to achieve and exceed plant KPI’s of safety, milling rate, throughput, recovery, concentrate grade, efficiency and costs.
Specific Job Responsibility
• Provide technical support to plant operations by providing daily strategy to ensure optimal plant performance.
• Collect data through control systems historians and sampling to make ad-hoc decisions.
• Coordinate routine tasks of conducting checks on key operating parameters with the process operations team.
• Coordinate plant and/or lab test work aimed at optimizing the operation in terms of safety, cost and performance.
• Long term analysis and optimisation of flotation operating strategy.
• Ensure all safety incidents are addressed & reported promptly.
• Provide sound reporting on plant operations and improvement projects.
• Assess opportunities for improvement and drive their implementation.
• Work as intermediate between Process technical and Geology groups.
• Assist in Metallurgical study, development, testing and analyses of designs, processes or procedures.
• Ensuring business outcomes are achieved whilst maintaining alignment with FQM Trident Limited values & behaviors.
• Maintain the integrity and accuracy of the data provided by the OSAs (online analyzers).
• Participate in shutdown tasks including Ball Mill inspections, flotation cell inspections, cyclone checks and sampler inspections.
• Analyze plant poor performance to determine root causes and implement corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence.
• Assist in troubleshooting crushing, milling and services problems when required in the back shifts.
• To perform any other task as instructed by Senior Metallurgist Flotation.
Job Specific Competencies
• Strong understanding of complex metallurgical information, process improvement and control strategies.
• Good cognitive and analytical skills for identifying process shortfalls, bottlenecks and implementing metallurgical testing.
• Affinity to supervise technical research, direct and train metallurgical engineers and technicians.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and able to assemble data and provide clear and accurate operational performance reports in both an upward and downward direction.
• Familiarity in SCADA/PCS 7 and PI Process book is an added advantage.
Key Job Attributes
• Good leadership and motivational skills, and get work done through others.
• Strong drive and personal sense of ownership and accountability.
• Ability to maintain self-discipline within a stressful environment.
• Be enthusiastic and pro-active in manner.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
Experience required to perform in this job
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in mineral processing plants, preferred as a metallurgist.
• Preferred copper and nickel sulphide flotation, large plant, modern and automated process exposure.
• Degree in Metallurgical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or related.
• A degree in similar fields is preferred
Deadline of this Job: 10 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
Diploma in Electrical Engineering
1. 3 years experience
2. Attach CV
3. Knowledge in Electrotechnical and Telecommunications an added advantage
4. Sober minded
5. Drivers license
6. Preferably EIZ registered
Deadline of this Job: 19 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
• Recognized qualification in Metallurgy and be a member of the engineering institute of Zambia
• At least 1-year relevant experience in a plant environment is desired
Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Teamwork – build relationships based on trust and respect
• Initiative – self starter
• Tenacious – driven
• Works with minimum supervision
• Results orientated – balance quality and quantity of work
• Overtime work when required
• Have a valid driving license