Deadline of this Job: 14 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
Human Resources Officer
Jhpiego, an affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, builds global and local partnerships to enhance the quality of healthcare Jhpiego, an affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, builds global and local partnerships to enhance the quality of healthcare services for women and families around the world. Jhpiego is a global leader in the creation of innovative and effective approaches to developing human resources for health.
The Human Resources Officer will provide Human Resources (HR) support to Jhpiego office for effective delivery of HR services and functions. This includes advising line managers and staff on all HR matters: recruitment, performance management, HR administration and employee relations in accordance with the HR policies. The HR Officer will also ensure compliance with Zambia labour laws.
• Assist the HR Director in the recruitment process including review of job descriptions, advertisements, screening of applications, interview and selection process, reference checks and contracting.
• Provide advice to staff and supervisors on various HR policies, good practices for effective and motivated staff.
• Assist to review and update HR policies as per local laws and best practices in the international NGO community.
• Assist the HR Director in ensuring that all staff complete their performance appraisals accurately and timely in JEMS and follow up missing appraisals.
• Prepare payroll for the Country Office
• Oversee the review and renewal of the Jhpiego medical Insurance scheme; Provide day-to-day administration of staff benefits and answer queries from staff regarding benefits.
• Coordinate on-boarding (orientation) of new staff with other departments to support the learning process of new employees and follow-up with new staff to ensure adaptation and identify problem areas.
• Maintain and update electronic employee records. Ensure hard copy files are complete and all required documentation is maintained in a confidential and secure manner.
• Coordinate training and development initiatives for staff.
• Process email requisitions for staff.
• Assist in the administration of HR Policies, addressing staff grievances and in handling disciplinary issues.
• Coordinate the staff welfare initiatives and all staff events; staff recognition award, staff retreats, team building and meetings, wellness activities.
• Responsible for drafting, processing and records of staff contracts and consultants.
• Bachelor’s degree preferably in the field of Human Resources Management or related field.
• Must have Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resources Management.
• Minimum 5 -6 years’ relevant experience.
• In depth knowledge of the Zambia labour
• Good computer skills particularly use of Human Resources Information Systems.
• Excellent organizational skills including the ability to multitask.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Be of high integrity and have a sense of confidentiality.
• Computer skills including demonstrated hands on-experience with MS Word, MS Power Point, and MS Excel.
• Proficiency in both written and spoken English.
• Member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resources Management.
Deadline of this Job: 11 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
Job Title: Human Resources Consultant
Department/Unit: Finance & Administration
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Duration: Three (3) Months Consultancy
Reports to: Operations Consultant
The USAID Controlling HIV Epidemic for Key and Underserved Populations (CHEKUP II) Activity is a five-year project to address the needs of people living with HIV (PLHIV) and those most at risk of acquiring HIV and contribute to HIV mitigation and epidemic control, improving the health outcomes of priority populations in the highest HIV-burden provinces of Zambia. USAID CHEKUP II is implemented by John Snow Health Zambia (JSH).
JSH is seeking to engage an insightful, detail-oriented, and experienced individual as a Human Resource Consultant for its Lusaka office. The HR Consultant contributes to the accomplishment of HR practices and objectives by supporting the full employee life cycle from recruitment, and induction to exit, and by providing administrative support in the day-to-day running of HR activities. The HR Consultant will report to the Operations Consultant and work in close collaboration with district operations staff.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provide HR related advice to managers and staff in relation to employment contracts, terms of employment, and the interpretation of agreements, the law, and policies.
• Contribute to the development, review, and maintenance of human resource policies, practices, and procedures for staff, consultancies and volunteers
• Manage human resource cases including disciplinary matters, health and safety, and child safeguarding,
• Assist in the development and interpretation of human resource data, to assist business units with workforce planning and operational matters.
• Assist business units with recruitment and selection processes, including creating and updating job descriptions, and providing accurate and timely advice on throughout the phases of recruitment and selection.
• Actively participate in operational HR planning, including assisting in consultation processes with internal stakeholders.
• Lead the onboarding orientation, trainings, goal setting, HR online management system training etc
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or Business Administration required.
• Minimum of five years’ work experience in HR, preferably having worked as HR Consultant with an International or local NGO on a similar project or company.
• Good knowledge of HR best practices and standards.
• Experience with and knowledge of employment laws, regulations, policies, principles, concepts, and
• Practices. Good understanding of the local labor law.
• Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Valid ZIHRM license
• Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
• Must be able to gather and analyze information skillfully.
Supervision and Reporting:
This position will work under the guidance and supervision of the Operations Consultant.
Deadline of this Job: 14 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
Chishawasha Children’s Home of Zambia seeks to recruit a Human Resources Officer to be based in Lusaka. The Human Resource Officer will be responsible for supporting and advising the School Director on various HR processes and systems. H/She will carry out responsibilities in the following areas: support and advice in setting up or enhancing recruitment and selection, employee orientation and induction, performance management, benefits management, and record management.
• Work with the School Director and Head Teacher in the recruitment and selection process such as drafting job descriptions, job adverts, shortlisting of candidates, interviewing, new-employee orientation and employee relations counselling, explaining CCHZ conditions of service policy.
• Maintain employee database through Human Resource Information System (HRIS).
• To maintain accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation.
• To work with the Head Teacher to conduct or assist with new hire orientation.
• To answer frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes.
• To maintain the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
• To perform periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
• To assist with payroll functions including processing, answering employee questions and preparing inputs.
• Manage staff contracts and ensuring that the contract meets legal requirement.
• Assist in the development and reviewing of Human Resources policies and procedures.
• Implement Human Resources strategies and prepare HR reports to support management decisions.
• Provide performance management guidance to line managers and employees.
• Assist in coordinating staff development and training programs.
• Support coaching, mentoring and other developmental opportunities.
• Assist in preparation of all disciplinary and grievance matters that arise and ensuring they are handled in accordance with CCHZ policy and Zambian Labour Law.
• Implement and manage employee wellness programs.
• Updating and monitoring individual leave days on the HR Database and maintenance of accurate posting.
• Prepare exit separation documents for staff leaving CCHZ.
Work with the Exam Committee to ensure exams are prepared, checked and printed on time.
• Attend to all public relations matters in consultation with the School Director and Head Teacher.
• The Human Resources Officer will report to the School Director.
• Degree in Human Resources Management.
• Minimum of 4 – 5 years’ experience of human resource management.
• Registered member of Zambia Institute of Human Resources Management.
• Knowledge of the Zambian labour laws, employment practices and industrial relations.
• Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint preferred.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, preferred.
• Fluent in English.
Deadline of this Job: 24 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
BIA Group is active in the sales, rentals and after-sales services of equipment intended for public works, mines, quarries and transport. The Group operates in Europe (Belgium, Holland and Luxembourg) and in more than 20 African countries and employs more than 1.300 people, including more than 850 engineers and technicians.
With a team of Parts Sales & Procurement Admin Officers, ensure the operational execution of the overall purchasing process linked to specific vendors/suppliers as well as the sales administration of internal customers.
The Human Resource Officer under general supervision of the HR Manager, will assist in the smooth running of the HR function – contributing to the development of a quality workforce and productive labor relations.
What will be your responsibilities?
• Facilitate the drafting/ updating the existing job descriptions, placing of adverts on the internal and external systems and conducting all recruitment processes to onboarding electronically.
• Facilitate the disciplinary process and act as custodian for employee and industrial relations
• Manage payroll inputs and payroll related queries
• Management of leave application and leave reports
• Coordinating all departmental appraisals and performance reviews for employees
• Updating of HR databases and HR systems
• Regular follow ups with Immigration Consultant for extensions, applications, business visa, Temporal Employment Permits
• Coordination of the Group Life Assurance, NHIMA, Pension, medical scheme and all company compliances
• Perform any other duties as required by the HR Manager
Other (Behavior and Miscellaneous)
• Ability to handle and deal with conflict / difficult situations
• Clarify goals and reach agreement maintaining the interests of all parties
• Build and maintain excellent relationships with colleagues and clients
• Problem solving at a strategic level, working with others to reach a resolution
• Ability to overview situations, review and evaluate, defining set plans to achieve business goals.
• Must be able to meet deadlines and work under pressure against competing priorities and timelines
• Able to take initiatives and be dynamic
Who are we looking for?
• Diploma in Human Resources Management or equivalent
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in human resources management
• Excellent computer literacy
• Excellent administrative skills
• Good English Language Skills (Written & Oral)
• Proficient in MS Office and SAP
• Must be a member of ZIHRM
• Communication Skills
• Planning & Organizing
• Interpersonal skills
• Analytical Thinking
• Team Work
• Information seeking
• Relationship Building
What’s in it for you?
• A six months Fixed Term Contract
• A competitive salary and an interesting package of extra-legal benefits
• A human sized company with international dimension, encouraging autonomy and team spirit
• Cooperate in a team with experienced and passionate colleagues within a success¬fully growing family-owned com¬pa¬ny
• Benefit from a challenging career opportunity with an extensive training program
• In this challenging job you get the possibility to take initiative and further develop the function
Deadline of this Job: 24 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
1. According to the company’s business development needs, timely development or adjustment of personnel recruitment plan, to complete the recruitment targets, to meet the needs of various departments hiring.
2. Dynamic management of performance appraisal: optimization and implementation of performance system, coordination and organization to complete the adjustment of the company’s performance evaluation standards to make them more in line with the requirements of different stages; guidance to the heads of departments to carry out evaluation work, organization and implementation of performance evaluation interviews.
3. Employee relations: management of the procedures related to the entry, transfer and departure of employees, early warning and handling of labor issues, etc.
4. Relevant data collection, summary, and formation of HR analysis reports, providing reasonable suggestions.
5. Staff training: arrange staff training and help staff to grow.
6. Payroll: complete staff payroll, NPASA, NHI etc. on time and accurately.
7. Other work assigned by the manager.
3 years or more experience in Human Resources
1. Full Grade Twelve Certificate
2. Minimum of Diploma in Human Resource Management or better