Deadline of this Job: 20 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
Impact Network works with the Ministry of General Education in its efforts to achieve universal primary education. Founded in 2009, Impact Network is a Zambia-based non-profit organization that is working to improve the quality of education in Zambian community schools and works in Katete, Sinda, Petauke, and Lusangazi Districts in Eastern Province. Impact Network is an equal opportunity employer. For more information see www.impactnetwork.org
The Learning Officer is responsible for leading the revision and development of curriculum for early childhood education through Grade 7 students at all Impact Network schools with the aim of expanding and enhancing our implementation of the eSchool 360 model to improve the quality of education in community schools. This position requires strong knowledge of primary school teaching and curriculum, excellent technology skills (including use of excel and offline, tablet-based apps), and as well as strong skills in coordinating projects and effectively communicating with a variety of team members.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
• Lead the work to continuously improve and update annual plans and schemes of using a variety of resources, including locally developed materials, Mwabu digital lessons, Zambian textbooks and other digital applications.
• Support the implementation of new and pilot programs in Impact Network schools for class subjects and enrichment programs.
• Ensure that all lesson resources developed are in line with the Impact Network’s Curriculum Framework and/or the Zambian National Primary School Syllabus and other government priorities.
• Review and evaluate a wide variety of resources to determine if they align with designated topics and specific outcomes and are engaging for students and teachers.
• Liaise with the local Curriculum Development Center for input, advice and approval of developed curriculum resources.
Assessment and Data Coordination
• Coordinate the development of termly exams.
• Coordinate termly assessments for Impact Network and in line with MoE initiatives.
• Use surveys and other means to collect data from schools and teachers, such as exam results, termly attendance, school-based assessment scores and manage student identification numbers.
• Provide a monthly feedback report on programs including feedback from teacher supervisors and education program officers.
• Supervise the Curriculum Coordinator and Data Assistant to ensure high quality outcomes.
• Meet weekly with program managers to assess school needs in regard to core academic programs.
• Participate in curriculum field visits with the goal of improving core academics resources and programming at schools.
• Support development and delivery of teacher training programs.
• Additional tasks based on organizational needs.
• Teaching diploma with 3+ years relevant work experience required, degree in education preferred.
• Exceptionally organized with strong time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
• Strong understanding of how to develop curriculum resources that support student needs and align with government requirements.
• Experience working with rural community schools.
• Excellent communicator, both written and verbal in Cinyanja and English.
• Tech skills: Typing, E-mail, Word, Excel, online and offline applications.
• Punctuality, reliability and strong attention to detail.
This position is based in Katete, Eastern Province with occasional travel to Sinda, Petauke, and Lusangazi.
Compensation is based on education, experience and suitability for the role.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline of this Job: 13 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
Freelancer Sales Agents required, candidates should meet the following requirements;
1) Minimum Grade 12 certificate.
2) A diploma in marketing and sales will be an added an advantage.
3) Good customer relations and communication skills.
4) Should have experience in door to door sales and marketing.
5) The person should be sales driven, goal oriented and sober minded.
6) He/she should be self motivated and have the ability to work under minimum supervision.
Deadline of this Job: 21 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
For More Info:
• Open to the public
Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
For USEFM – FP is FP-4. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
• All Interested Applicants / All Sources
Security Clearance Required:
Public Trust – Background Investigation
Appointment Type Details:
• Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
The work schedule for this position is:
o Full Time (40 hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Relocation Expenses Reimbursed:
The job holder facilitates efforts to institutionalize a Zambia National Public Health Institute (ZNPHI) that can coordinate essential public health functions in Zambia, including workforce development; disease surveillance; public health reference laboratory services; emergency preparedness and outbreak response; and health communications. Job holder will collaborate closely with Zambia’s national and sub-national governments (including the Ministry of Health and Provincial Health Offices), non-governmental organizations, and implementing partners supporting Global Health Security (GHS) activities. S/he serves as the primary CDC contact for internal (CDC) and external partners for all issues related to ZNPHI development and sustainability. The incumbent will monitor and evaluate progress of projects, identifying personnel, financial, leadership/management, logistical and technical challenges and recommending solutions to overcome obstacles and impediments to program progress. Position reports to the Epidemiology and Surveillance Team Lead/Surveillance Advisor within CDC Zambia.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of five (5) years of mid-to-senior level experience in planning and policy development, public health program management, or public health program implementation is required. Of these five years, at least two years must be in managerial role (this could include managing public health programs or partners).
JOB KNOWLEDGE: In depth knowledge of the organizational structure and functions of the Zambian health system, including the process of policy development, practices related to human resources, and the role of international organizations in supporting MOH and ZNPHI. Basic knowledge and understanding of public health surveillance, epidemiology, laboratory systems, emergency management and emergency response operations, and immunizations.
Master’s level degree(s) in Public Health, Business Administration, or Public Administration is required.
• Fluent English speaking/reading/writing is required.
• Good working knowledge of one local Zambian language (Bemba or Nyanja) is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to write clear, concise documents, reports, policies, plans, and technical papers. Capacity to organize and present information in written and oral forms.
Ability to work effectively as a team member with excellent interpersonal skills in an established culturally diverse environment. Ability to establish effective working relationships with governmental officials is critical. Computer proficiency in (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet) is required. Ability to track multiple concurrent projects and organize information across a range of internal and external partners is required.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Lusaka, Zambia may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
For the current COVID-19 Requirements please visit the following link.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
1. AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
2. AEFM / USEFM
3. FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), Letter from Veterans’ Affairs which indicates the present existence of a service-connected disability dated within the past six months, equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
Deadline of this Job: 24 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
Ameya Surfaces Ltd. (formerly Ameya Marble Ltd) is 100% Zambian Marble processing company and suppliers of Marble, Granite and Quartz Slabs and Tiles to architects, builders, and contractors of Zambia and neighbouring countries. Our factory is located in Lusaka South MFEZ.
Our product has the advantage of being sourced locally in Zambia giving it a significant advantage to customers over importing expensive materials from outside, and providing greater flexibility for customization to fit specific projects.
We are looking for 2 (two) Field Assistants for our showroom at East Park Mall, Lusaka. He/She would be a resident of Lusaka city and has existing ties to building/architectural industry. He/She MUST be holder of a valid driver’s license.
• Develop new business opportunities with potential customers at all stages of the marketing/sales cycle to include targeting, prospecting and giving solutions.
• Should be able to understand, manage and interpret customers’ requirements.
• Work with the team to develop proposals that speak to the customer’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
• Aggressively reach out and build trust and confidence with customers.
• Use various sales methods (door-to-door, cold calling, presentations) to generate new sales leads.
• Bring awareness about our product to the Zambian architects, Interior
Designers and builder marketplace.
• Successfully surpass company objectives set forth such as quotas, meetings, reporting responsibilities by bringing new business (very important).
• MUST have existing ties to architects, interior designers, builders, contractors of Zambia
• MUST have experience selling ceramic, granite, marble, or other stone products used for flooring and kitchen countertops
• MUST have good marketing, sales & presentation skills and influencing personality.
• MUST be a strong leader, independent, and capable of handling high-volume work in a short period of time.
• MUST be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, word) and interpreting architectural drawings.