Deadline of this Job: 30 November 2022JOB DETAILS:
In collaboration with host country faculty and local midwifery leaders in Malawi, Sierra Leone, Uganda and Zambia, key roles and responsibilities may include (but are not limited to):
• Providing evidence-based methods for clinical and classroom-based instruction and evaluation to students, clinicians or other learners emphasizing best practices;
• Supporting formal and informal professional development and mentoring opportunities requested by partner-country faculty and clinicians;
• Facilitating academic-clinical partnerships to develop practice improvement projects that strengthen care at the point of service and provide learning opportunities for students and clinical staff;
• If appropriate, working with national (including ministries of health and education) nursing and midwifery organizations to assist in the planning, implementation and/or evaluation of policies that support the enhancement of the professions of nursing and midwifery;
To be eligible to serve with Seed Global Health as a Midwife Educator, you must at minimum have:
• Master degree in nurse-midwifery
• Proven commitment and passion for teaching and mentorship in the field of midwifery
• Strong communication skills and a proven ability to work in interdisciplinary teams
• Ability to commit to a 12 month placement
• An active, valid midwifery license
• Ability to meet in-country work permit and licensing criteria and obtain clinical license in your placement country
• English language proficiency
Preference is given to applicants who demonstrate:
• Minimum of 5 years of clinical experience as a midwife
• At least 3 years of clinical teaching as a midwife in the field of reproductive, maternal, newborn health
• At least 3-5 years of preceptorship experience
• Minimum of 6-months living and working in low-resource health care settings either domestically and/or internationally
Pay & Leave Educators receive a monthly salary. Educators are eligible for a minimum of 4 weeks paid leave. Educators are eligible for a readjustment allowance post-service.
Completion Award Each educator who complete a full year of service in good standing will be recognized as an honorary Massachusetts General Hospital Fellow in Global Clinical Education.
Housing & Travel Housing that meets our minimum safety and amenity standards is provided for educators by Seed or partner institutions. There may be occasional situations where housing is shared and some educators may live directly on the premises of the placement site. Seed handles all travel logistics to and from the country of placement.
Insurance Comprehensive medical and dental insurance. Medical and security assistance and evacuation insurance. Malpractice insurance while in country. Workers compensation insurance.
Visa/Work Permit Seed will sponsor and guide you in submitting documentation to acquire the appropriate visas, work permits, and licenses to legally fulfill your duties in your placement country.
Deadline of this Job: 28 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
The position is responsible for preparing and delivering lectures and tutoring students studying professional programmes such as ACCA, CIMA and CA Zambia to enable them pass examinations and qualify as chartered accountants. Additionally, the lecturer is responsible for undertaking research, consultancy and advocacy activities for the Centre.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(i) Facilitate learning in financial and management accounting to students using face to face and E-learning platform modes of delivery.
(ii) Provide academic support that enhances learning and personal development.
(iii) Ensure implementation of teaching and learning quality assurance systems aimed at customer satisfaction.
(iv) Conduct quality research and publish articles that feed into ZCAS’ internal learning processes and industry.
(v) Carry out consultancy and advisory services in business and related fields.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
(i) Grade 12 with a minimum of five (5) “O” levels including English and Mathematics.
(ii) Professional Accountancy qualification such as ACCA, CIMA or ZICA.
(ii) Master’s degree in finance, accounting, or business – related field from an accredited University.
(iii) PhD will be an added advantage.
(iv) Five (5) years post qualifying work experience in teaching at tertiary level, having taught financial management and management accounting at final stages of professional accountancy courses.
(v) Conversant with financial and management accounting business systems.
(vi) Must be a fully paid up Member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA).
(viii) Must be Computer literate.