Deadline of this Job: 31 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
The Planned Parenthood Association of Zambia (PPAZ), established in 1972, is a non-governmental, not-for-profit organisation, which provides non-discriminatory, friendly, gender-sensitive and comprehensive Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) services to hard-to-reach and vulnerable groups who include young people and women of reproductive age in Zambia. PPAZ envisions a society in which all people in Zambia enjoy equal sexual and reproductive health and rights and have equal access to quality and affordable sexual and reproductive health Information and services. PPAZ’s mission is to advocate for the sexual and reproductive health and rights of women, men, young people, especially the vulnerable, and empowers them to make free and informed reproductive health choices. Implementing a Global Funded project to fight HIV/AIDS, PPAZ is seeking the services of a Registered Nurse/Midwife to be based at Lusaka Reproductive Health Centre.
This position will directly report to the Team Lead and have close relationships with the Health Centre In charge.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. Implement all Sexual and Reproductive Health Services and Rights (SRHR) project activities at community and facility levels.
2. Represent the Reproductive Health project in Maternal Health platforms at community, facility, district and provincial levels.
3. Take lead in Quality Improvement/Quality Assurance activities at facility and community levels
4. Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual project reports.
5. Participate in the preparation of the PPAZ Business Plan.
6. Provide oversight on all monitoring and evaluation activities at facility/community level such data collection, entry and data reviews to ensure quality data for reporting, decision making and to inform future programming
7. Provide technical support in creating and strengthening linkages and networks between facility and community activities; ensuring seamless implementation of activities leading to improved health outcomes
8. Implement laid down safeguarding procedures/guidelines to ensure safety and protection of vulnerable groups such as young people, people living with disabilities and people living in poverty, and ensure timely reporting of critical incidences at service delivery points
Education and Work Experience
• Diploma in Nursing/Midwifery preferably BSC Nursing.
• ART management will be an added advantage.
• Three (3) years’ work experience in Maternal Health services.
• Skills and Competencies
• The candidate should possess a valid practicing license.
• Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the medical field.
• Demonstrate sound knowledge and practical skills in HIV testing Services (HTS) and other SRHR services.
• Good communication skills.
• Computer literate.
Deadline of this Job: 26 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
Reports to: Director of Strategic Information
The USAID Zambia Accessible Markets for Health (ZAM-Health) Activity is a five-year project to expand the availability and accessibility of high-quality health products and services in the private sector, improve health knowledge, and increase the adoption of healthy and health-seeking behaviors. The program employs private sector approaches such as marketing, social franchising, and partnerships with for-profit entities to achieve these outcomes. USAID ZAM-Health is implemented by John Snow Health Zambia (JSH) in partnership with JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), Media 365 and PharmAccess. The consortium applies a market facilitation approach to coordinate, catalyze, and harness the private sector to reach priority populations with health products, services and information.
The Digital Health System Manager is a technical management position, which will work under the supervision of the Strategic Information Director to develop and/or build on existing digital platforms. The Digital Health System Manager will also support identification and implementation of digital solutions that support ZAM-Health’s objectives. They will therefore support the introduction, digitization, integration, and scale-up of priority health information and data collection systems in the private sector. This full-time position is based in Lusaka, Zambia.
• Support the Director of Strategic Information in managing the SI portfolio, project deliverables, ensuring proper design and milestones are regularly met;
• Serve as a lead in the architectural design, infrastructure and technology development ensuring all activities are in-line with the Ministry of Health’s 2017-2021 Health Strategy and USAID’s digital strategy and vision. Understanding and ability to adopt industry best practices and standards such as USAID principles for digital development;
• Lead efforts to build capacity and promote private sector ownership, and use, of the various digital health tools supported by ZAM-Health;
• Support the Director of Strategic Information to create strong collaboration and develop close relationships with private health sector providers and associations;
• Develop and submit periodic progress reports by respective project area, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations to various audiences, including project team, partners, and other key stakeholders;
• Participate and contribute to the writing of project progress reports and plans including quarterly reports, annual reports, assessments reports, annual work plans and any other reports as will be required by management;
• Provide effective representation of the project in internal and external meetings, workshops and related events;
• Actively support efforts to promote Collaborative, Learning, and Adaptation (CLA) Activities;
• As a key member of the Strategic Information team led by the Deputy Chief of Party, Strategic Information, fully participate in tracking and accountability for targets and ensuring timely execution of activities is expected;
• Jointly responsible for promoting adoption of JSI/JSH’s Accountability Framework and Code of Conduct, and adhering to JSI/JSH’s policies on fraud management; and
• Any other responsibilities, as assigned.
• Master’s degree in computer science, management information systems, health informatics, public health or a related social science field;
• At least 2 years’ experience and direct participation in managing full software development life cycle of digital solutions for mid- to large- sized projects;
• Experience with health information systems and data analysis and use; and health information standards (eg. HL7, FHIR, etc.);
• Knowledge and familiarity with existing digital data collection tools including: DHIS2, SPSS, NVIVO, Survey CT, etc;
• Knowledge and familiarity with the Zambian EMR System (SmartCare), and any other systems utilized by the private sector clinics, hospitals and pharmacies;
• Previous experience with USAID and similar donor organizations, specifically in Zambia, is preferred;
• Previous experience working with private sector stakeholders in Zambia is preferred;
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team and strong interpersonal skills are essential;
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills in English required; and
• Ability to travel within Zambia required.