Deadline of this Job: 28 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
Smart Security Solutions (SSS) Limited is inviting suitably qualified and experienced applicants for the position of Human Resource Officer.
i) Diploma or Degree in Human Resource Management.
ii) Proven 2 years’ work experience in Human Resource.
iii) Solid knowledge of office procedures and Human Resource Management.
iv) Experience with office management software like MS Office (Excel and Word) and office equipment.
v) Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
i) Familiar with the Employment Act.
ii) Maintaining and updating employee information.
iii) Attending to employee queries.
iv) Conducting recruitment and daily checking of employee attendance.
v) Attending to any other duties as may be given by the supervisor.
Deadline of this Job: 04 November 2022JOB DETAILS:
GardaWorld is a worldwide security services provider that aims at providing world class security services. The Human Resources and Administration Assistant is central to employee relations which is an integral part to the growth and the success of GardaWorld. The employee must have the ability to remain focused and ensure all job expectations are met consistently. The Human Resource and Administration Assistant must be approachable, professional, and knowledgeable to respond to all queries, complaints and request that will be brought to the HR office.
Employee welfare and relations
• Attend to and assist employees who need guidance or services offered by the HR office
• Ensure employee wellness policies are adhered to
• Liaise with Operations to ensure employees are not deployed to sites without minimal
• amenities, working bathrooms, safe drinking water, guard room or adequate shelter
• Maintain records of hiring, terminations, promotions, performance reviews, safety training,
• Coordinate re-training
• Maintain records of all leave, local, annual, sick, maternity, compassionate leave, etcetera.
• Maintain records and ensure that employee benefits plan such as funeral grants, awards, are up to date.
• Coordinate Employee On-boarding and Off-boarding Process
• Participate in interviews
• Ensure that Training Coordinators and Duty Officers conduct orientation and induction for new Guards
• Create employee HR files, entering of accurate data into Nav for virtual employee HR file, ensure all necessary documents are in physical files. All employee documentation is placed in a file and filed properly
• Draw up job advertisements for Security Guards and filter applications.
• Conduct employee exit interviews
• Give accurate information to the family of the deceased employee on benefits due on death of an employee, and guide them on how to go about claiming benefits from NAPSA as well
Code of Conduct, Disciplinary
• Update disciplinary Tracker – Ensure adherence to disciplinary code of ethics and capture any breaches
• Issue all disciplinary documents for security guards such as warning letters, suspensions letters, terminations letters, demotion letters, etcetera
• Prepare Exit payroll monthly -ensure that all employees are given calculations of dues at the time of separation.
• Liaise with Operations team to ensure new employees, departmental changes, and positions are communicated and captured in Nav for Payroll purpose
• Update the employee grievance tracker Regularly.
Training and Development
• Participate in periodic training and re-training of new and existing employees to ensure competence in carrying out job requirements, as well as exemplary service delivery to clients
• Supervise clerical staff for compliance and timely reports of payroll time sheets, terminations, resignations, absenteeism, leave, and any other reports that may be required from time to time
• Formulate maintenance plan with office landlord to schedule regular maintenance of office building
• Ensure all plumbing works are quickly attended to and fixed, regular checking of office building for any damage that may need to be fixed
• Monitor and maintain office supplies, ensure office equipment is properly maintained and
• ensure that office area is always clean and tidy.
• Providing secretarial support
Principal Output Of This Role
Any other responsibilities as may be prescribed by Management.The Human Resources and Administration Assistant should be knowledgeable and able to guide employee relations, whilst remaining true to the needs of the department to achieve Human Resource Management KPIs, and maintain employee retention and good employee relations.
HR and Admin Manager, Managing Director
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• People management skills
• Accurate data entry
• Good written and spoken English
• Report writing skills
• Must demonstrate a good understanding of Zambian employment and labour laws
• Professionalism in presentation
• Maintain strict confidentiality
• Ability to work under pressure and on own initiative
• self-driven, positive, and confident
• Ability to meet targets
• Be a goal getter, innovative, quick thinker, and problem-solving skills
Willing to undergo pre-employment screening
Qualifications & Experience
• Full G12 Certificate
• Minimum 2 years working experience in Human Resources, with proven progressive work in a busy organisation
• Diploma in Human Resources Management or any other relevant diploma is a minimum requirement. Degree is an added advantage.
• Must be a member of the ZIHRM
• Computer literate (MS word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
Due date: 28th October 2022
Deadline of this Job: 25 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
SoCha (a portmanteau of Social and Change) is an independent Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (ME&L) firm that provides bespoke solutions to social challenges. Since our inception in 2010, we have grown into a fully-fledged ME&L services firm specializing in advancing innovative methodologies and changing how donors find solutions to social problems.
USAID/Zambia has a diverse portfolio with programs in the following areas: Health (HIV/AIDS, Maternal and Child Health, Family Planning and Reproductive Health, Water Supply and Sanitation, Nutrition, Malaria, Tuberculosis); Education (basic education and early child development); Economic growth (Agriculture policy support, private sector, economic opportunity, energy, environment, global climate change, wildlife conservation, energy); and Democracy and Governance (the rule of law and human rights, good governance, political environment, and consensus building, civil society).
For this activity, Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Platform mechanisms are defined as an implementing mechanism that gives the mission access to technical and advisory services to design and carry out specialized multiple, third-party MEL tasks, including practices, processes, and requirements that support Program Cycle implementation.
Scope of Work
This position is responsible for all Human Resources matters in the Lusaka office and assisting by providing logistics, administration, and operations support. The Human Resources Manager will directly supervise the Administrative Assistant and Project Drivers.
• Manage all aspects of recruitment—advertising, reviewing and short-listing applications, scheduling and participating in interviews, checking references, gathering all necessary documents and ensuring they are accurate and complete, and preparing and presenting offers;
• Oversee employee disciplinary meetings, investigations, and terminations (in compliance with the local labor laws);
• Keep abreast of any changes in local laws and regulations having an impact on HR policy and incorporate such changes into the employment manual as may be required;
• Responsible for all Administrative matters in the project office
• Ensure that all long-term technical assistance consultant’s and short-term technical assistance consultants’ recruitment documentation are complete and saved in appropriate systems folders.
• Prepare Independent Consultant Agreements and Employment Agreements, collect complete and accurate supporting documentation, monitor level of effort, and distribute monthly tracker.
• Manage staff onboarding to ensure the set-up of necessary equipment, systems, and other needs are in place upon employee and consultant start date and oversee the orientation of newly hired staff.
• Ensure that all staff adhere to SoCha timekeeping and leave policies and monitor staff leave balances.
• Manage any necessary consultant amendments and employment agreement modifications.
• Update the Personnel Manual and Local Employee Compensation Plan as required, ensuring they are in accordance with SoCha and USAID policies and regulations and Zambian labor law.
• Oversee all aspects of national and regional personnel performance and professional development tasks—goal setting, regular evaluation, and end-of-year assessments.
• Contribute to the procurement of health insurance, ensure that all staff are enrolled in Project insurance policies, and serve as the point of contact for any ongoing communication with providers.
• Manage all immigration needs of expat staff.
Other tasks may include:
• Communicate and enforce procedures for the operation and maintenance of the office, where required
• Supervise the work of service providers, including IT services,
• Ensure that a system is in place to monitor staff communication costs, including mobile phones and modems
• Assist program staff in managing events (e.g., budgets, venues, equipment, and supplies)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, business administration, Management, or another relevant field. Master’s Degree (preferred);
• Fully paid-up member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management (ZIHRM);
• 5+ years of relevant working experience managing human resources on donor-funded projects;
• 3+ years of relevant working experience in managing administrative and/or operational tasks on donor-funded projects;
• Excellent writing, computer, and organizational skills;
• USAID experience and basic knowledge of FARs and AIDARs is highly desirable;
• Proven ability to work closely with a variety of project stakeholders, including local senior and support staff, USAID personnel, Home Office staff, consultants, vendors, and subcontractors to work collaboratively to solve administrative and operational problems as they arise;
• Proven ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management demands and,
• Exercises confidentiality and discretion at all times.
SoCha offices, in Lusaka, Zambia
Applications close 25th of October 2022. Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis and may be selected before the closing date.