Deadline of this Job: 30 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
Enabling sustainable societies with smart technology
Wartsila is a global leader in advanced technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasizing sustainable innovation and total efficiency, Wartsila maximizes the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2018, Wartsila’s net sales totaled EUR 5.2 billion with approximately 19 000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 80 countries around the world. Wartsila is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki.
Wartsila Southern Africa (Pty) Ltd – Zambia Branch (Ndola Power Plant) is looking for Interns in Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering to join our team.
Applications are invited from interested candidates who meet the minimum criteria.
• Bsc Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or any equivalent technical course
• Diploma in Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering
Deadline of this Job: 28 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
People in Need has been working in Zambia since 2017 delivering lifesaving and development assistance to vulnerable people in the sectors of nutrition, livelihoods, WASH, environment and good governance.
We are looking to employ an enthusiastic and driven HR intern to assist our HR department with administrative and HR-related tasks.
The HR intern’s responsibilities include updating employee records and staff register. He/she must have knowledge of filing, scanning and photocopying documents accordingly, initiating background checks on shortlisted candidates. To be successful as an HR intern, he/she should keep abreast of the latest developments in the labor legislation, ultimately, to be outstanding the HR intern should be detail-oriented and able to demonstrate excellent administrative and organizational skills.
HR Intern Responsibilities:
• Updating the organization`s databases by inputting new employee information and employment details.
• Assist in screening potential employees’ resumes and application forms to identify suitable candidates to fill the organization job vacancies.
• Assisting in organizing interviews with shortlisted candidates.
• Assist the HR officer in administrative duties.
• Preparing and sending offer and rejection letters or emails to candidates.
• Assist in coordinating orientations for newly hired staff.
• Assist in planning of staff related events.
• Assist in processing leave days, Napsa registration, Nhima registration and Paye registration.
• Other duties as delegated by the superior
• Any qualifications in human resource management.
• Proven experience or knowledge of working in an office environment.
• Familiarity with HRIS (Human Resources Information System) software is advantageous.
• Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
• The ability to work as part of a team.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent administrative and organizational skills.
• Effective communication skills.
WHAT PEOPLE IN NEED ZAMBIA OFFER-(BENEFITS FOR INTERNS)
• No working over the weekend and public holidays
• Female employees have one Mother`s day each month
• No work when there`s no tasks
• Extensive Capacity Building program, both internal and external trainings – Induction training.
• internal online opportunities, such as access to e-learning platform and webinars
• Monthly contribution for phone tariffs
• Annual Staff retreat.
• International environments with opportunities to learn from other country programs.
• Per diem for working and sleeping outside of duty town depending on the location.
• Friendly and fair environment in small collective structure where everyone knows each
• We have lunch break with meals available at the office.
• 2 health breaks twice per day.
• A Monthly allowance is given and shortlisted candidates to be informed.
Important Note: People in Need does not discriminate against, race, age, religion, gender, tribe and people with special abilities.
Deadline of this Job: 26 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
1. Monitoring of incubation and settings
2. Maintenance of Hatchery Equipment by:
• Ensuring preventative maintenance program is adhered to for all the incubators, air handling units, generators, compressors, and vaccination machines.
• Conducting random checks to ensure maintenance schedule & Bio-Security standards are adhered.
3. Investigating Hatchery Practices by Conducting root cause analysis when agreed targets of (Hatch %, cull %, HOF & 7-day mortality) are below target or if any other nonconformance occurs.
• Biosecurity Management by complying with biosecurity and hygiene standards as laid down in the procedures, Standard Operating procedures, and company
• Ensuring that quality and product safety programmes are being followed as laid down in the procedures, SOPs, PRPs and company guidelines.
4. Managing the performance of the Hatchery through effective use of data, analysis, and problem-solving tools.
• Grade 12 Certificate
• Diploma in Electrical Engineering /Animal Science or any related field.
• Computer literacy
• Team player
• Excellent communication skills
• Problem solving skills
• Attention to details