Deadline of this Job: 21 November 2022JOB DETAILS:
Business Solutions Architect
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
My Career Development Portal: Wherever you are in your career, we are here for you. Design your future. Discover leading-edge guidance, tools and support to unlock your potential. You are Absa. You are possibility.
Reporting to the Director, Digital and Change Enablement, this role will have the core accountability for the design and development of architectural blueprints for all user requirements specifications. This will be achieved through close collaboration with the Development & Release Management teams, as well as Subject matter experts and vendors to design solutions that meet customer needs.
Accountability: Requirements Planning, Analysis and Documentation: – (50%)
• Manage requirements gathering to ensure user requirements are broken down into proper low level Business Requirements Documentation (BRDs) to facilitate technical solution designs
• Develop technical designs and implementation blueprints to assist procurement, development, and release teams with onward project execution
• Manage the completion of assigned tasks on time, on budget and to acceptable quality.
• Ensure assigned team members have a clear understanding of business requirements & implementation blueprints
• Ensure assigned team members have a clear understanding of bank policies, processes, and procedures necessary for them to support project development
• Participate in the evaluation of tenders as and when called upon.
• Defend and influence changes by providing relevant information to help make appropriate decisions for project execution
• Improve project administration processes by identifying inefficiencies and recommending solutions
• Maintain a detailed up to date project plan for each project
• Continually communicate the status of each assigned project to all project participants and stakeholders
• Support the development of departmental budgets. Establish and maintain project management standards including regular review of adherence
• Engage and obtain formal agreements on development objectives and timelines once signed user requirements specifications are provided.
• Identify dependencies and sequence activities into a realistic schedule that conforms to Service Level Agreements (SLAs) as prescribed in the agreed architectural procedures
• Work with various teams to transform requirements into quality technical plans to inform procurement, development, and release teams on execution
• Provide support to the Supply Chain Management and development teams to facilitate smooth transition into development
• Provide technical support to Technical BAU teams when required
Accountability: Communication Management (20%)
• Serves as a key participant in team and client meetings for projects under Architecture
• Effective communication of architectural progress through timely and quality reports
• Tactfully communicate sensitive information
• Handle difficult situations directly, using appropriate discretion, confront issues openly and quickly
• Present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince/influence stakeholders in support of decision making
Accountability: Leadership and Staff Development (15%)
• Provide clear and consistent guidelines on vision and strategic goals for the department to the architecture team.
• Agree targets with architecture team members, monitoring their performance and ensuring SLA adherence
• Coach and develop architecture team, building their skills and competencies to manage and maximize their effectiveness and performance
• Work with team members to conduct root cause analysis of issues.
• Work with team members to review new and existing code and/or perform unit testing.
• Work with team members to develop solutions.
Accountability: Risk and Control:- (15%)
• Ensure that all risks applicable to your area are identified, assessed, reported and captured in the risk register.
• Ensure accurate and complete reporting of risk events within the stipulated timeline (i.e. 7 calendar days)
• Ensure all emerging risks are reported and mitigating factors put in place
• Identify, monitor and report Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) in your respective unit/department
• Ensure that you are operating within the given risk appetites and report any breaches promptly
• Implement and close all audit recommendations, identified control weaknesses from Risk RCSAs, Consultancy reports or Customer complaints and risk events
• Participate in the annual review of procedure manuals when requested
• Familiarisation with and adherence to risk management framework and participation in relevant risk management trainings
• Strict adherence to laid down project management processes and procedures
• Ensure Architecture related issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner.
Bachelors Degree and Professional Qualifications: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Deadline of this Job: 31 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
Mabiza Resources Limited (“Mabiza”) operates the Munali Nickel Mine (“Munali”), which is located in the Mazabuka District, 75kms south of Lusaka, Zambia. Mabiza is a wholly owned entity of Consolidated Nickel Mines Ltd.
MRL wishes to fill the positions indicated above. Interested applicants who meet the required competences are encouraged to apply. The successful candidates will be expected to have demonstrable competencies relevant to the respective job.
REPORTING TO SENIOR PROCESS ENGINEER – TECHNICAL
This position is responsible for assisting in overseeing performance of the crushing circuit, Dense Medium Separation Plant. Milling and flotation circuits in terms of the operating efficiency and recovery. Improve and maintain performance in terms of safety, production, and cost control.
• The role has accountability for the accurate and timely metallurgical accounting and official reporting of Nickel production, concentrate dispatch and reagents.
• Ensure strong compliance to HSE standards within team.
• Development and review of standard operating procedures and conducting of planned tasks observation is key to this role.
• Consistently deliver and exceed the main KPI of metallurgical accounting and technical reporting accuracy and timeliness.
• Monitor and report on production and raw material performance indicators.
• Directly participate in the daily & weekly work activities of the processing plant, serving as technical support to operations personnel to enhance performance and provide key performance information.
• Develop and execute the site metallurgical accounting procedures, providing accurate and auditable production reconciliations and reporting systems.
• Ensure compliance to legal met accounting requirements based on the guidelines of the AMIRA code or practice.
• Conduct and routinely report production loss reconciliations identifying key areas of production opportunity.
• Coordinate the proper and thorough completion of loss tracking systems to ensure high integrity of production loss and asset performance reporting. This includes calibration of belt scales, bin level sensors, ore moisture analysis.
• Work in collaboration with Commercial to manage the concentrate quality component of the Concentrate shed inventory and dispatch management system.
• Work in collaboration with Commercial to routine account and report on processing reagent stocks, ensuring appropriate levels always maintained and dispatch of concentrate trucks.
• Maintain the site process “virtual data room”, to ensure all critical process information and reporting is stored logically and securely.
• Lead the development, implementation and commissioning of projects assigned by the Senior Process Engineer -Technical.
• Liaise with reagent suppliers (through Commercial) to source new products to improve plant reagent cost effectiveness.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the Senior Process Engineer -Technical.
Qualifications and Experience
• A Tertiary Qualification in Chemical Engineering, Extractive Metallurgy or Mineral Processing or related field.
• Eligibility for membership of the Engineering Institute of Zambia (E.I.Z) and to hold relevant legal appointment as defined by the Mining Regulations of Zambia
• A minimum of 3 – 4 years’ experience in sulphide concentrator and Dense Medium Separation metallurgical process operations.
• Direct experience in plant technical metallurgist / engineering roles with specific experience in base metal grinding, flotation, Dense Medium Separation, and metallurgical laboratory expertise.
• Previous experience in met-accounting processes highly required.
• Experience in process control systems, process information databases (i.e., PI Process Book) and metallurgical optimization highly regarded
• Accustomed to carrying out advanced calculations and possess ability to analyse and understand statistical metallurgical data.