Deadline of this Job: 28 October 2022JOB DETAILS:
Smart Security Solutions (SSS) Limited is inviting suitably qualified and experienced applicants for the position of Human Resource Officer.
i) Diploma or Degree in Human Resource Management.
ii) Proven 2 years’ work experience in Human Resource.
iii) Solid knowledge of office procedures and Human Resource Management.
iv) Experience with office management software like MS Office (Excel and Word) and office equipment.
v) Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
i) Familiar with the Employment Act.
ii) Maintaining and updating employee information.
iii) Attending to employee queries.
iv) Conducting recruitment and daily checking of employee attendance.
v) Attending to any other duties as may be given by the supervisor.
Deadline of this Job: 04 November 2022JOB DETAILS:
GardaWorld is a worldwide security services provider that aims at providing world class security services. The Human Resources and Administration Assistant is central to employee relations which is an integral part to the growth and the success of GardaWorld. The employee must have the ability to remain focused and ensure all job expectations are met consistently. The Human Resource and Administration Assistant must be approachable, professional, and knowledgeable to respond to all queries, complaints and request that will be brought to the HR office.
Employee welfare and relations
• Attend to and assist employees who need guidance or services offered by the HR office
• Ensure employee wellness policies are adhered to
• Liaise with Operations to ensure employees are not deployed to sites without minimal
• amenities, working bathrooms, safe drinking water, guard room or adequate shelter
• Maintain records of hiring, terminations, promotions, performance reviews, safety training,
• Coordinate re-training
• Maintain records of all leave, local, annual, sick, maternity, compassionate leave, etcetera.
• Maintain records and ensure that employee benefits plan such as funeral grants, awards, are up to date.
• Coordinate Employee On-boarding and Off-boarding Process
• Participate in interviews
• Ensure that Training Coordinators and Duty Officers conduct orientation and induction for new Guards
• Create employee HR files, entering of accurate data into Nav for virtual employee HR file, ensure all necessary documents are in physical files. All employee documentation is placed in a file and filed properly
• Draw up job advertisements for Security Guards and filter applications.
• Conduct employee exit interviews
• Give accurate information to the family of the deceased employee on benefits due on death of an employee, and guide them on how to go about claiming benefits from NAPSA as well
Code of Conduct, Disciplinary
• Update disciplinary Tracker – Ensure adherence to disciplinary code of ethics and capture any breaches
• Issue all disciplinary documents for security guards such as warning letters, suspensions letters, terminations letters, demotion letters, etcetera
• Prepare Exit payroll monthly -ensure that all employees are given calculations of dues at the time of separation.
• Liaise with Operations team to ensure new employees, departmental changes, and positions are communicated and captured in Nav for Payroll purpose
• Update the employee grievance tracker Regularly.
Training and Development
• Participate in periodic training and re-training of new and existing employees to ensure competence in carrying out job requirements, as well as exemplary service delivery to clients
• Supervise clerical staff for compliance and timely reports of payroll time sheets, terminations, resignations, absenteeism, leave, and any other reports that may be required from time to time
• Formulate maintenance plan with office landlord to schedule regular maintenance of office building
• Ensure all plumbing works are quickly attended to and fixed, regular checking of office building for any damage that may need to be fixed
• Monitor and maintain office supplies, ensure office equipment is properly maintained and
• ensure that office area is always clean and tidy.
• Providing secretarial support
Principal Output Of This Role
Any other responsibilities as may be prescribed by Management.The Human Resources and Administration Assistant should be knowledgeable and able to guide employee relations, whilst remaining true to the needs of the department to achieve Human Resource Management KPIs, and maintain employee retention and good employee relations.
HR and Admin Manager, Managing Director
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• People management skills
• Accurate data entry
• Good written and spoken English
• Report writing skills
• Must demonstrate a good understanding of Zambian employment and labour laws
• Professionalism in presentation
• Maintain strict confidentiality
• Ability to work under pressure and on own initiative
• self-driven, positive, and confident
• Ability to meet targets
• Be a goal getter, innovative, quick thinker, and problem-solving skills
Willing to undergo pre-employment screening
Qualifications & Experience
• Full G12 Certificate
• Minimum 2 years working experience in Human Resources, with proven progressive work in a busy organisation
• Diploma in Human Resources Management or any other relevant diploma is a minimum requirement. Degree is an added advantage.
• Must be a member of the ZIHRM
• Computer literate (MS word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
Due date: 28th October 2022