Deadline of this Job: 17 November 2022JOB DETAILS:
Manages all engineering/maintenance operations, including maintaining the building, grounds and physical installations with particular attention towards safety, security and asset protection. Accountable for managing the budget, capital expenditure projects, preventative maintenance and energy conservation. Responsible for maintaining regulatory requirements. Assists in leading the emergency response team for all facility issues.
Education and Experience
– High school diploma or GED; 3 years’ experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/electrical/plumbing.
– Degree from an accredited university in Building and Construction, Engineering, Mechanics, or related major; 1 year experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/electrical/plumbing.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Engineering Operations and Budgets
• Manages the physical installations including equipment, refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, water treatment and electrical systems.
• Ensures regulatory compliance to facility regulations and safety standards.
• Manages and controls heat, light and power and recommends current best methods for energy conservation and economical facility operations.
• Develops specifications and requirements for service contracts and administers such contracts to support building needs.
• Distributes preventive maintenance and repair work orders and monitors timeliness and quality of completion.
• Oversees and directs the maintenance of grounds, guestrooms, public space, restaurants, property vehicles and recreational facilities.
• Develops a long-term plan for preventative maintenance and asset protection and overseeing execution of plan.
• Develops project plans in accordance with renovation or new construction needs.
• Contacts contractors for bids and supervising construction to ensure timely completion of projects within budgetary guidelines.
• Builds positive relationships with external customers such as city building/zoning department, fire prevention bureau and vendors.
• Ensures fire crew has complete understanding of all procedures, equipment and alarms.
• Performs monthly property inspection to ensure buildings and grounds are maintained in excellent condition.
• Conducts guest room and common area inspection to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Inspects and evaluates the physical condition of facilities in order to determine the type of work required.
• Recommends or arranges for additional services such as painting, repair work, renovations, and the replacement of furnishings and equipment.
• Selects and orders or purchases new equipment, supplies, and furnishings.
• Manages parts and equipment inventory.
Maintaining Property Standards
• Ensures building and equipment licenses and certifications are current.
• Maintains property life safety systems (firefighting equipment, sprinkler systems and alarm systems).
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifying excellent customer service and creating a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
• Shares plans with property leadership and ensuring corrective action is taken to continuously improve guest satisfaction.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Performs all other reasonable tasks as instructed by Supervisor.
Available on request
Deadline of this Job: 08 November 2022JOB DETAILS:
Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambian Copperbelt and consists of a large–scale mining license covering an area of approximately 228 square kilometres.
Completed and commissioned in 2012, Lubambe is an underground operation supported by a shaft and decline access with a 2.5 million tonne per annum capacity ore concentrator. The mine’s current depth is 450 meters producing a high-grade copper concentrate which is then treated at Zambian smelters.
The mine currently employs 718 direct employees and a further 1,966 contractors. It places the highest priority on safety with a world-class safety system.
Supporting local communities and suppliers is a key business focus of the mine.
EMR Capital owns an 80% controlling interest in Lubambe, while ZCCM-IH owns 20%.
The Mine seeks to employ an experienced and qualified individual in the following position:
This position reports to the Mine Engineering Manager.
Core Purpose of the Position:
To monitor and manage all mine planning requirements of strategic mining districts and develop short to medium-term mine plans. The designs will be completed within a set of parameters from approved operational constraints and business objectives. Sequencing waste removal and ore extraction to ensure continuity of production output and sustainability throughout the life of the mine. To supervise and manage all Planning Engineers.
Key Performance Areas/Indicators (KPA/Is):
• To develop and design the long and medium-term mine design and dump schedules mining plans from Deswik Cad to Deswik Schedule to Excel.
• To develop and design the plan on a page on a monthly basis and provide forecast plans in 6 months to 1-year schedules mining plans from Deswik Cad to Deswik Scheduling to Excel.
• Mine Scheduling – Develop internal plans and schedules to ensure the planning department assists the mine in achieving short, medium- & long-term strategic goals.
• Mine Design – Develop detailed mine design/stoping layouts that ensure the best mineral resource utilisation based on survey and geological data.
• Discuss, coordinate and resolve long-term and short-term planning and scheduling issues with personnel throughout the company and with contractor organisations.
• Deliver timely, accurate and sensitive information that facilitates a clear understanding of the historical performance of the mine and about future performance targets.
• Optimize mine design/stoping layouts to incorporate updated methodology, reduce development requirements and increase mining productivity.
• Set up and manage planning systems so that production data is collected efficiently and utilised in the adjustment of the mine design to improve general mining efficiencies.
• Coordinate daily, weekly and monthly production planning meetings. Carry out mine planning functions as directed by the Mine Engineering Manager.
• Team Work – Work within the greater Technical Services Department, including Geology and Survey sections and other departments, as required in achieving their objectives.
• Monitoring and controlling efficiencies and powder factors on primary and secondary development and stope production.
Academic Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor of Mining Engineering (BEng/BSc) or equivalent qualification.
• Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ).
• Holder of current Zambian Blasting licence and valid First Aid Certificate.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in underground mines, including mechanised open stoping and jumbo development.
• Supervisory and leadership skills.
• Experience in mentoring and coaching junior staff.
• Understanding of performance management and instilling accountability.
• Strong planning and analytical skills coupled with solid exposure in Deswik Cad, Deswik IS, Deswik Sched, Deswik Adv UGM, Deswik SO and Deswik D&B or other mine design software.
Deadline of this Job: 07 November 2022JOB DETAILS:
Position: Civil Engineers (01)
• Supervise all construction and ongoing sites.
• Prepare site reports and documents.
• Ensure the protocols, processes, and capabilities are in place.
• Carry out inspections, assessments, costing, quality checks and surveys.
• Carry out risk assessments. Manage, design, develop, create and maintain varying scales of construction projects in a safe, timely and sustainable manner.
• Carry out technical and feasibility studies and draw up drawings that satisfy technical specifications.
• Provide advice and resolve creatively any emerging problems/deficiencies.
• Prepare all regulatory permits, technical files, and other technical documentation as required.
• Age 30 – 40
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
• Registered member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ)
• Minimum 3-5 years experience in Civil Engineering Projects
• Clearly indicate in the subject matter ”Civil Engineer Position”
Deadline of this Job: 15 November 2022JOB DETAILS:
Precision Farming Agricultural Technician
The Agricultural sector is rapidly moving into the direction of high-tech. This is been driven largely by the increasing costs from fertilizer to seed to machinery. It’s now becoming very obvious that we need to improve efficiencies. The right person will need to have at the very least a diploma in electronics. A very good understanding of all forms of communication including satellite and radio operations. The right person must be able to work independently in what can sometimes be a high-pressure situation.
• Installing and configuring hardware and software components to ensure usability.
• Troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
• Ensuring electrical safety standards are met.
• Repairing or replacing damaged hardware.
• Installing and maintaining New and Existing
• Performing tests and evaluations of new software and hardware.
• Providing support to users and being the first point of contact for error reporting.
• Offer Remote and On-Site Support
• Diploma in Electronics or Related.
• Driver’s license (Manual)
• 2 years of experience in computer networks and systems maintenance.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Traceable References.
• Attention to Detail.
• Must be Very Computer Literate.