Invitation for Expression of Interest by Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) at Government of the Republic of Zambia and United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
GRZ/UNFPA Ninth (9) Country Programme 2023-2027
Invitation for Expression of Interest by Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs)
The Government of the Republic of Zambia and United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) have developed the Ninth (9th) Country Programme of support for the period 2023-2027.
This programme has been developed in consultation with a wide range of partners including government, civil society organizations, development partners, United Nations agencies and academia among others. The programme is aligned to the 8th National Development Plan (2022-2026), Vision 2030, United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (UNSDCF) 2023-2027 and the UNFPA Strategic Plan (20222025). It also builds on the achievements and lessons learned from the Eighth (8th) GRZ/UNFPA Country Programme (2016-2022).
The vision of the programme is to accelerate the attainment of UNFPA's three transformative results (ending unmet need for family planning, ending preventable maternal deaths, ending gender-based violence and harmful practices), as well as the regional priority on ending the sexual transmission of HIV, by reducing unmet need for family planning, from 20 per cent to 15 per cent by 2027 as a key entry point. The programme will contribute to increasing modern contraceptive use from 48 per cent to 65 per cent by focusing on sexually active adolescents aged 15-19 years, contributing to a reduction in adolescent pregnancies, new HIV infections and preventable maternal deaths. The programme will also contribute to reducing the maternal mortality ratio from 252 deaths per 100,000 live births to 160 per 100,000 live births; and reducing the proportion of women aged 15-49 years who experience emotional, physical or sexual violence from 46.8 per cent to 42 per cent, including a reduction in child marriage from 29 per cent to 25 per cent.
The 9th Country Programme outputs are:
1) Output I: By 2027, enhanced integration of sexual and reproductive health and rights, including the prevention of and response to gender-based violence and harmful practices into policies and plans, relevant laws and accountability frameworks, which are effectively implemented, monitored and evaluated;
2) Output 2: By 2027, strengthened capacities of systems, institutions and communities to provide high-quality integrated sexual reproductive health and rights information and services to address HIV and gender-based violence, in development and humanitarian contexts;
3) Output 3: By 2027, strengthened data systems and evidence built on relevant and current population dynamics, socio-economic and environmental changes to inform development, humanitarian and recovery policies, plans and programmes on gender and SRHR, and
4) Output 4: By 2027, adolescents and young people have strengthened skills and opportunities to exercise their rights to sexual and reproductive health services and information, especially bodily autonomy, leadership and participation.
UNFPA invites qualified NGOs to submit Expression of Interest (Eol) for the implementation of the oth Country Programme (2023-2027). Interested organizations should state which output(s) they intend to apply for. Note that an organization can apply for more than one output.
Organisations interested in partnering with UNFPA in implementing the 9th Country Program should forward their Eol to UNFPA through email clearly marked "NGO Expression of Interest" enclosing the information listed below.
1. Full legal name and address of applying institution
2. Copy of valid legal registration in the country
3. Mandate or mission statement of organization
4. Statement of organization's expertise in the relevant area
5. Short description of the organization's existing operations in the subject matter area, including how long the operations have been carried out, and geographical/district coverage (Maximum 2 pages)
6. Documented fulfillment of tax obligations and tax registration number
7. Copy of audited financial statements for the past four years
8. Proven track record in handling donor funding Eol should be accompanied by a cover letter addressed to the following:
The Country Representative UNFPA Country Office UN House, Alick Nkhata Road Lusaka.
Only electronic applications sent to the email below will be accepted.
Applications must be received by Wednesday 9th November, 2022, at 17:00hrs Zambian time. Applications received after this date and time will not be accepted.
NGOs expressing interesting MUST have a physical and operational presence in Zambia, The Eol must be written in English
Upon receipt of the above information from prospective implementing partners, UNFPA will evaluate, pre-assess and shortlist applicants.
Shortlisted organizations will further be invited to submit detailed technical and financial proposals on how they intend to implement the 9 GRZ/UNFPA CP.
• Must be a Zambian citizen with no criminal record,
• Must hold a full Grade 12 Certificate (or equivalent) Note: The equivalent must be equated by the Examinations Council of Zambia (ECZ) or the Zambia
• Should be aged Eighteen (18) to Twenty-Five (25) Tears by 31" December, 2022
• Must be physically, medically, and mentally fit,
• Must be of good character
• Must be single and without children; and
• Must be willing to undergo military training.
• Must be a Zambian citizen with no criminal record;
• Must hold a full Grade 12 Certificate (or equivalent) with a minimum of three (3) credits, including English and Mathematics. Note: The equivalent must be equated by the Examinations Council of Zambia (ECZ) or the Zambia (Qualifications Authority:)
• Should be aged Eighteen (18) to Twenty Five (25) rears by 31" December, 2022
• Must be physically, medically, and mentally fit,
• Must be of good character,
• Must be single and without children; and Must be willing to undergo intensive physical training