Deadline of this Job: 14 November 2022JOB DETAILS:
The main focus of this role is to build and maintain professional business relationships of high value by driving challenging sales and income targets, proactively acquiring new clients, solutioning existing clients with cross sell, campaign and product utilization and proactively managing and improving customer satisfaction and risk and compliance.
Sales and Service
• Achieve agreed sales targets for Liabilities, Assets and Income.
• Develop and Implement proactive calling program (both face –to-face and telephonic) for existing and potential customers.
• Create a lead base of external target market through networking
• Spend a minimum of 75% of available time visiting with customers and targets
• Develop relationship plan for customers including sales and contact strategy
• Work with specialists like Trade Finance and Treasury to maximize sale of these products to customers
• Deal with, and find resolutions for, customer complaints
• Determine the products that are most effective in meeting customers’ needs and be able to sell these, at short notice, both reactively and proactively.
• Monitor and ensure adherence to risk service standards.
• Produce call reports in agreed format for all scheduled significant business meetings
• Own the primary relationship with the client by being the only point of entry to the client and ensure the portfolio is serviced appropriately.
• Conduct client visits and maintain a client visitation plan to improve customer service. Participate in the internal customer surveys to ensure the internal relationships are improved, built and value is extracted from these relationships.
• Communicate and implement any actions to improve service following client feedback and/or complaints to all relevant parties within the bank.
• Promote alternative delivery channels to clients.
• Take responsibility for meeting challenging individual and team targets.
• Provide support to team members where assigned.
• Stay abreast of new industry developments and client market positions
• Understand and apply the relevant governance and compliance procedure to activities undertaken and maintain ongoing completion of relevant governance and compliance training.
• Maintain customer records and accurate completion of applications and paperwork by capturing customer information.
• Take ultimate ownership of the portfolio’s risk management by ensuring a good understanding of both the Bank’s and the client’s regulatory and compliance environments.
Higher Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Deadline of this Job: 09 November 2022JOB DETAILS:
Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Communications Lead – Africa will be responsible for the development and implementation of Heifer Africa’s overall communications strategy, as well as the creation of and management of communications plans designed towards engaging internal and external stakeholders, promoting key activities within Africa region, and promoting the Heifer brand. S/he will be in-charge of planning and managing the reputation, public relations, marketing, and communications for Heifer Africa, including emails, advertisements, manuals, letters, website content, events management, and other forms of communication.
S/he will position Heifer as a thought leader in driving integration between technology and climate-smart agriculture, as well as on youth and technology towards increasing incomes for smallholder farmers across Africa. S/he will promote access to innovative finance and elevate Heifer’s voice to attract investors to partner on its innovative and accelerator programs.
The Communications Lead – Africa will also oversee the activities of communications consultants and vendors and lead communications projects and new initiatives. Additionally, the position will handle events co-ordination and matters related to external engagements; assist with the discovery/development of communication and engagement platforms for spokesperson(s) to articulate Heifer Africa’s point of view; develop relationships with media agencies, publications, editorial staff, and influential columnists; institute capacity building seminars and implement protocol for official interaction for media enquiries, press conferences and media visits across the Region. The Communications Lead – Africa will report to the Senior Vice President – Africa Programs.
Essential Character Traits
Customer focus, drives results, nimble learning, decision quality, instils trust, collaborates, self- development, optimizes work processes, action oriented, communicates effectively, cultivates innovation and values differences.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DELIVERABLES
A. Development and implementation of Heifer’s Communications Strategy for Africa (40%)
• Drive visibility and positioning of the Heifer brand across the region, in alignment with Regional leadership.
• Ensure alignment on the organization’s brand and messaging strategies across the country offices.
• Ensure adoption of all aspects of approved PR/Brand DNA in all content – documents, presentations, brochures, adverts, and speeches.
• Ensure that corporate narrative is deeply entrenched in all internal and external communication and visual expression.
• Direct Heifer Africa brand positioning business wide through cross functional and cross-team co-ordination and cooperation.
• Serve as a champion for internal PR/corporate narrative.
• Influence the tone, look, and feel of shared media platforms with close coordination with the Global Communications Team.
• Receive strategic direction and manage relationships/information flow with retained PR consultants.
• Provide feedback and observations towards refining or re-thinking strategies.
• Leveraging data on Heifer past successes in Africa to position is as partners to co-design with development partners.
B. Position Heifer appropriately in the public domain. (20%)
• Key media interface.
• Key event organizer.
• Identifies suitable positioning opportunities.
• Mitigates reputation risk.
• Ensure top of the mind awareness for Heifer and achieve the highest visibility in the development sector in key media, by ensuring 80% positive media mention.
• Leveraging media partnerships to position Heifer as thought leaders on youth & technology to increase incomes for smallholder farmers.
• Promote access to innovative finance and elevating Heifer’s voice to attract investors to partner on our innovative and accelerator programs.
• Showcase Heifer’s partnership with the private sector and governments.
• Identify suitable programs, events and initiatives for media leveraging and positioning.
• Position Heifer as a thought leader in driving integration between technology and climate-smart agriculture.
• Assist with developing the business case for Heifer and ensure visibility with key business media, government, and the local donor community.
• Ghosts write opinion pieces positioning Heifer Africa experts as thought leaders.
C. Responsible for Heifer Africa content development – content, look and feel across all media and engagements (20%)
• Assist with development of speeches/presentations/brochures/ infomercials/ short clip videos.
• Assist with responses to media enquiries.
• Manages all executive external and internal communication.
• Provide high quality, consistent program and thematic content based on approved communication and brand DNA in multiple media channels including press, web, and social media.
• Create, maintain and conduct analytics reporting and extract key insights for future communications plans, complete with formal proposals and recommendations on tactics.
• Ensures that content, look and feel positions Africa as aspirational and Heifer as:
A partner in progress – an organization that prioritizes Africa because of the abundant opportunities in Africa. An organization that desires local collaboration with farmers, government, local donors, and international community Competing for big ticket funds. Implementing signature projects which enhance local food security and know Africans can help themselves. Interested in climate change impact and issues of water in the Sahel region. Deep understanding of Africa after 45 years.
• Collaborate with Global Communications Team on production of high-quality audiovisual context.
D. Coordinate interaction with critical stakeholders (15%)
• Assist Regional leadership to prioritize and manage engagement with critical stakeholders in media, donor community, partnerships, government, and regulators.
• Co-ordinates critical stakeholder management.
• Assists corporate spokesperson(s).
• Minimize friction with critical stakeholders.
• Scans the environment from time to time and identifies future or perceived challenges for Heifer.
• Develop critical stakeholder matrix and expectation management document to be revised from time to time (as needed).
• Develop reputation risk register – identify key reputation risk and advice executive management how to mitigate the same.
• Work with retained consultants and Global Communications Team and Regional leadership to implement crisis management document – scenario planning and shelf ready responses.
• Develop quarterly schedule of interactions between identified critical stakeholders and Regional leadership.
E. May perform other job-related duties as assigned (5%)
1. Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, humanities, or related degree plus a minimum of 15 years’ experience in a reputable PR/Brand consulting firm, or Corporate Communications in a large corporate organization preferably multi-national. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
1. Master’s degree in social sciences, humanities, or related degree, plus a minimum of 5 years’ experience in senior management position leading PR/Brand management or Corporate Communications.
Most Critical Proficiencies
1. Knowledge of public relations work applied across all forms of media.
2. Strong writing, editing and presentation
3. Demonstrated knowledge and skills of building networks, partners and collaborations for media and positioning.
4. Negotiation skills including ability to listen and
5. Work with a global mindset preferably with demonstrated experience in working at local, and global levels.
6. Demonstrated experience of working with diverse cultural groups, and gender equity approach.
7. Experience in taking complex ideas and capturing in accessible ways and multiple formats – briefing papers, positioning pieces, publications, press releases, and social media.
8. Experienced in identifying and managing sensitive media issues and crisis
9. Ability to collaborate and build positive working relationships with multiple internal and external partners.
10. Experience with the design and implementation of results-oriented communication strategies.
11. Demonstrated experience managing and/or facilitating events, small convenings, and forums of experts preferred.
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands
1. Ability to inspire and support the team and give expression to Heifer’s mission through word, media, and public relations activities.
2. Constant face-to-face, telephone and electronic communication with colleagues and the public.
3. Ability to confidently give oral presentations and impromptu speeches to a wide range of audiences.
4. May require constant sitting and moving, working at a computer for extended periods of time, as well as occasional bending and lifting.
5. Ability to effectively plan, prepare, and present material and speeches for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
6. Outstanding English writing skills and oral communication skills are
7. Willingness and ability to travel as needed.
8. Willingness and ability to work outside of normal business hours.
9. Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
Deadline for Application: 9th November 2022
Deadline of this Job: 04 November 2022JOB DETAILS:
The five-year (2020-2025) USAID Local Impact Governance Project (Local Impact) is helping Zambia build up a sub-national system of governance for devolved service delivery more responsive to citizen needs. The program is engaging national and sub-national authorities to expand the capabilities of partner provinces and districts to deliver sustainable development outcomes, increase effective citizen and private-sector involvement in development planning and monitoring, and improve public financial management and domestic revenue generation.
The activity is specifically working toward three objectives:
• Objective 1: Citizens improve their collective skills to effectively assess service-delivery needs and performance and constructively engage with government.
• Objective 2: The sub-national governance system becomes more responsive to citizen needs, generates, and accountably expends revenue, and improves service-delivery outcomes.
• Objective 3: The program generates learning and facilitates problem solving that supports the development of an effective, financially viable sub-national governance system for devolved services, capable of being scaled up throughout Zambia.
Local impact is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
2. Role’s Purpose
The Communications and Outreach Specialist will oversee project communications and reporting, internally and externally, and ensure that all USAID reporting deliverables and communication documents comply with USAID contractual and branding and marking regulations and are delivered on time. The Communications and Outreach Coordinator is responsible for planning, initiating and managing the full breadth of the marketing and outreach activities of the project, with a strong focus on capturing and promoting the reach and impact of the project. S/he will additionally support project events, trainings and workshops, ensuring compliant branding and production of any required informational materials.
• Oversees, coordinates and manages the production of all required USAID reporting deliverables (quarterly, and annual/final reports), incorporating and integrating the reports generated by Local Impact’s technical teams and ensuring that a high-quality product is submitted to USAID.
• Coordinates and facilitates data collection with the MEL Specialist for USAID on-demand data calls and prepares special and/or ad hoc reports as required.
• Works closely with technical staff to identify and produce regular success stories, conducting interviews and following the impact of the project on a rolling-basis.
• In close collaboration with GRZ and district counterparts, implement approved institutional Communications and Outreach Strategies to ensure that target audiences are reached with the appropriate messages and media.
• Takes photographs for project publications at events as required.
• Oversees the production of program promotional materials, including brochures and other publications and facilitates their distribution.
• Ensures that all communications materials for the program are well-conceived, targeted and delivered.
• Adheres strictly to and provides guidance to staff on USAID branding guidelines and the project’s Branding & Marking Plan.
• Contributes to technical program activities in the area of strategic communications.
• Develops and implements a communications and outreach plan that will highlight achievements and communicate updates to the client effectively and successfully.
• Designs, develops, and manages content of project website.
• Develops content for and manages the administration of project social media.
• Develops and manages all project electronic and print communications including event banners, brochures, fact sheets, business cards, speaker or facilitator profiles, and any online presence.
• Prepares any materials required for USAID or other high-profile delegations such as talking points, press releases, speaker briefings, and acts as press POC at any project events.
• Serve as the chief editor ensuring all communication materials are pristine and manage the editing process within the team.
• Escalates any issues to his/her supervisor immediately
• Prepared to travel to project provincial offices as required
• Performs any other duties as assigned
Place Of Performance and Reporting
• The position will be based in the Local Impact Activity’s main office in Lusaka, Zambia and will report to the Deputy Chief Of Party.
• The position will supervise the Communications and Outreach Intern.
• The position entails frequent travel to provincial offices.
4. Minimum Qualifications
• University degree communications, public relations etc in relevant field required.
• 8+ years of relevant experience.
• Experience in communications and reporting on USAID-funded projects, preferred.
• Experience designing communications plans, developing and implementing knowledge management tools or systems, developing content for social media platforms, and working with web-developers.
• Ability to respond effectively to time sensitive demands & inquiries.
• Demonstrated exceptional customer relations (both internally & externally).
• Excellent organizational skills with a willingness to take initiative and be proactive.
• An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and appropriate professional image.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
• A demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
• Fluency in English is required
Deadline of this Job: 01 November 2022JOB DETAILS:
Set Apart International is looking for a suitably qualified individual to fill the role of Public Relations & Communications Advisor for Adaptive Leadership Zambia, which is a project working with the Ministry of Health to reduce new HIV/AIDS infections amongst adolescents using the Adaptive Leadership methodology. This role will run from November 2022 to December 2023.
Qualification & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or related field
• Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in a similar role.
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
• Good time management and organizational skills;
• Knowledge of desktop publishing software (Indesign & Photoshop)
• Knowledge in Microsoft Office and internet use
Summary Job Description
• Develop communication materials
• Prepare program progress & performance reports for internal & external stakeholders
• Manage communication equipment (projector, screens etc.)
• Coordinate audio & visual program requirement
• Update and manage website and social media pages
• Developing a clear communications strategy and plan that will deliver communications impact and market widely the AL Zambia Brand.
• Develop and implement a clear communications work plan with clear objectives for undertaking all communications activities across the programs
• Develop a clear media network for supporting AL Zambia communications work, working with national and locally based media houses in Zambia
• Create, review & edit content for publication across various platforms (print, digital, electronic mediums).
• Manage AL Zambia’s social media channels to maintain & increase digital presence
• Initiate and implement creative social media campaigns in support of key AL Zambia campaigns.
• Support the monitoring of media mentions for AL Zambia and generate monthly reports for showing coverage
• Monitor the production of content for AL Zambia’s media engagement. This will include design of communication tools & production materials.
• Manage digital content on the AL Zambia website
• Produce quarterly newsletters
• Secure media space on new and existing platforms to ensure maximum coverage for AL Zambia.
• Anchor all documentation of the AL work in Zambia.