Deadline of this Job: 12 November 2022JOB DETAILS:
The IT Officer will be required to build and support a global IT approach across JCP- Zambia’s office. The IT Officer will work to implement a standardized global IT policy, practices, and procedures to support NCA/DCA country office in Zambia. Implement recommendations made by NCA’s global IT department to enhance best practices and operational policies and procedures that are consistent across the organization.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
• Ensure the country office is operating according to NCA Global IT systems management, responsibilities, and expectations
• Enforcing and overseeing that all current NCA IT policies, procedures, routines
• Ensuring that JCP Zambia is acting according to relevant laws and legislation, especially governing INGOs in Zambia
• Maintenance of IT equipment and applications for the offices
• Set up and configuration of the end-user requirements
• Installation and maintenance of the communications equipment for wired and wireless networks (LAN/WAN)
• Troubleshooting software and application problems.
• Providing a help desk and handling/fixing colleague queries and IT issues regarding networks, hardware and software, including remote helpdesk support
• Tracking inventory and evaluating new technologies.
• Ensure the security of ICT equipment by periodically performing system scans and updates.
• Working with IT systems providers, e.g. internet service providers, to ensure all systems run as required
Required Skills and Attributes
• Able to install, troubleshoot and update PCs/Smartphones/Tablets/Printers
• Able to Configure and Support Audio/Video Hardware and Software
• Have a good understanding of the internet and the most common protocols and applications
• Have a good understanding of Security, and NCA’s obligations in relation to GDPR
• Able to make yourself familiar with NCA’s professional and standard applications, to support staff.
• Proactive, willing to learn and curious
• Must be able to travel to remote NCA offices in Zambia when required (about 5% of the time)
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Related Field
• At least a minimum of 03+ years of experience of progressively technical experience in providing remote and in-person IT Helpdesk and
• Proven hands-on experience in Microsoft Operating Systems, Microsoft Office 365, and systems installation and configuration is essential
• Strong understanding of PC Hardware and Software Set-Up and Configuration
• Have experience in Configuring, Maintaining and Managing Enterprise Networks and TCP/IP Addressing
• Must have worked as an IT Officer or similar position in the NGO sector
• Cross-cultural communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff and stakeholders with a range of IT proficiency.
• Experience in managing IT security for A Professional Enterprise Network and associated devices including high levels of cybersecurity hygiene.
• High standards of confidentiality, reliability and discretion.
Deadline of this Job: 17 November 2022JOB DETAILS:
One of our clients, an international retail chain is looking for an I.T Manager to join their team.
• Developing new network troubleshooting strategies to help reduce downtime and decrease maintenance costs
• Creating rational strategies for upgrading the company’s network software whenever a new update is available
• Constructing and implementing plans to ensure the company’s network continues to operate smoothly in the event of a problem
• Staying up to date with new network technology and reporting this information to the executive team each quarter
• Working closely with other department Managers to assess the growth needs and maintenance of the company’s network
• Expert knowledge of IT best practices, policies and regulations
• In-depth understanding of programming, computer science and digital security
• A clear understanding of client/server technology and network architecture
• Good communication, including writing, speaking and active listening
• Strong problem-solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills
• Advanced leadership and conflict management skills
• Customer service and interpersonal skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Great project management skills, including organization, planning, time management and prioritization
Must have a Degree in I.T or equivalent
Must have experience working in fast passed retail chains
Must be fully registered and up to date with new I.T programs and techniques.
• Good communication, including writing, speaking and active listening • Strong problem-solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills • Advanced leadership and conflict management skills • Customer service and interpersonal skills • Excellent attention to detail
Deadline of this Job: 07 November 2022JOB DETAILS:
Bayport financial services is looking for a highly trained & experienced Senior IT Officer to contribute to company’s growth and profitability through the management of ICT Systems by ensuring IT services are available through proactive management of IT Infrastructure and quality user support.
• Manages Bayport’s Internet, LAN, WAN & VPN connectivity and services.
• Contribute to technical design of networks with all areas of IT
• Maintains and documents accurate information/data (topology maps) regard the network (LAN/WAN/VoIP/VPN) and other IT Infrastructure.
• Monitor all network systems utilization and make recommendation for additional growth.
• Maintain and monitor all IP Telephony, PSTN/MNO services, Messaging (SMS) and video conferencing infrastructure.
• Ability to provide basic troubleshooting of incident alarms for UPS, Rectifiers, and battery banks and escalation to appropriate vendor.
• Management of the Windows/Linux environment in the organization, this includes involvement in the setup and management of all windows based servers and ensuring adequacy and security.
• Hardware maintenance for IT infrastructure and Troubleshoot infrastructure and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
• Adhere to Change, incident and problem management procedures and policies.
• Provides support for the IT infrastructure support activities including off-shift support.
• Respond to IT service desk service requests and incidents in a timely fashion and within SLA.
• Responsible for regularly updating the IT asset register in terms of modification, additions and transfers of IT assets.
• Ensure adherence to IT asset policies, standards and procedures and updating the fixed asset subunit with current information.
• Management all CCTV infrastructure (NVRs, Cameras, footage storage etc.) and Biometric systems.
• Actively learns and develops to stay up to date with developments in area of expertise and to meet the changing needs of the job, team and organisation by participating in appraisal and appropriate learning activities.
• Make recommendations for improvements to security, scalability, manageability, and performance across a wide variety of IT infrastructure, storage, and compute technologies.
• Ensures compliance with all Bayport policies, standards and procedures.
• Undertakes any other duties that may reasonable be required.
• GCE with 6 credits or better
• Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Computer Science or related field
• Further Education and Training Certificate: ITIL, CompTIA A+, and Cisco CCNA/CCNP or other network/security certifications
• Microsoft server/VMware certification or experience.
• Minimum 3-4 years working experience in IT Infrastructure & Networks.
• Strong problem solving skills
Deadline of this Job: 10 November 2022JOB DETAILS:
Graphic Designer (IT Administrator)
Umoyo is looking for a highly trained & experienced Graphic Designer who also has IT & NETWORK ADMINISTRATION knowledge & work experience.
This role includes; but is not limited to:
• Visualising and creating graphics for marketing& social media. These graphics should capture the attention of those who see them and communicate the right message including; brand, illustrations, product packaging, logos, layouts and photos.
• Creating labels and packaging graphics for new Umoyo products.
• Analyse & resolve end-user hardware & software computer problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training where required.
• Network administration – planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimising all network hardware, software, and communication links.
Responsibilities & Duties
• Study design briefs and determine requirements
• Conceptualise visuals based on requirements and prepare rough drafts and present ideas
• Develop illustrations, logos and other designs using software and use the appropriate colours and layouts for each graphic
• Work with copywriters and the head of department to produce final design
• Test graphics across various media
• Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand
• Assist in supporting server applications and operating systems.
• Provide help desk assistance in resolving software, hardware and network related problems.
• Assist in equipment set-up and software installation and updates.
• Perform troubleshooting, archiving and back-up of server applications and to service calls and emails promptly.
• Manage inventory of software licences, software application, hardware components and IT supplies.
• Generate email and network accounts for new users and update regularly emails and phone numbers of users.
• Maintain both internal and external company networks.
• Assist in implementing firewalls and security devices to ensure network security.
• Coordinate with the Manager to set user access, permissions and roles to prevent unauthorised access.
• Fundamental knowledge & work experience with graphic design, IT and networking
• A strong portfolio of illustrations or other graphics showing creative flair and a strong ability to translate requirements into design.
• In-depth knowledge of design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop) and hands-on technical troubleshooting capabilities
• Ability to work independently under minimal supervision with a keen eye for aesthetics and details
• Knowledge of computing infrastructure and familiarity with server management and monitoring tools
• Exceptional critical thinking and problem solving ability.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills to assist non-technical individuals with complex technical issues
• Ability to work methodically as an individual and part of a team
• Proficiency with scripting languages is an added advantage
Deadline of this Job: 15 November 2022JOB DETAILS:
This intermediate professionals role is to deliver IT support to end users in the organization’s field offices. This includes project coordination, simple software implementation and deployment, first-level IT support triage, following security protocol and performing system backups. At this career level, the incumbent carries out simple IT support implementations and assignments or participates as a team member on more complex projects. He or she may coach the work of other specialists.
• Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
• Acts as an advocate to raise the awareness of the needs of children. Understands Christ’s mandate to protect children. Commits to and prioritizes child protection considerations in all decision-making, tasks and activities across the ministry. Abides by all behavioral expectations in Compassion’s Statement of Commitment to Child Protection and Code of Conduct. Reports any concerns of abuse, neglect or exploitation of children through Compassion’s internal reporting process and appropriately supports responses to incidents if they occur.
• Effectively uses project management systems and tools for monitoring and tracking deliverables and resolving issues, ensuring delivery to the project plan and budget on basic projects.
• Carries out the implementation of systems, tools, software, and services for internal clients. Further gathers requirements and deliverables to ensure that each implementation and deployment is effectively delivered on schedule.
• Cooperates with other staff to resolve complex issues and those issues that others cannot resolve; often serving as the last stop internally before seeking external help.
• Performs hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications. Applies diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
• Conducts security assessments of systems and applications to evaluate vulnerabilities. Further validates solutions to mediate exploitable conditions on devices such as servers and intrusion detection systems.
• Restores files or systems by conducting regular backup procedures. Compiles and updates procedure documentation as needed.
• Supports IT operational infrastructure such as server rooms, hosting maintenance and troubleshooting, networking, and servers.
• May provide expertise to other professionals and support staff in the application support discipline.
• Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion’s core “Cultural Behaviors” in all internal and external communication and relationships.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
• Three years Relevant experience working in this or a related field.
Licenses and Certifications
*Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above