Deadline of this Job: 12 November 2022JOB DETAILS:
A thriving local food manufacturing company is seeking a vibrant, innovative and competent individual to join its team as an Assistant Accountant to be based in Lusaka on full time basis.
Below are the functions you will be expected to perform;
• Maintaining of daily and monthly bank and Cash reconciliation and ensure it balances as per bank statement
• Capturing of all purchase invoices in sequential order in into the accounting software (QuickBooks)
• Allocation of invoices to the system, scrutinizing the expense ledger accounts
• Ensuring that debtors and creditors are balancing on, monthly and yearly basis
• Ensuring that all aged analysis are up to date and payments have been allocated
• Reviewing and signing off on all the accounts payable aged analysis on a weekly and monthly basis ensuring that all supplier accounts are balancing.
• Ensuring that all costs have been processed and whether accruals need to be raised
• Preparation, classification, recording and processing accounting transactions and ensures that allocation to accounts is accurate.
• Ensuring that all invoices are processed timeously
• Allocation of invoices and receipts to the system
• Ensuring that all customer accounts are up to date and payments have been allocated
• Reconciliation of customer accounts and their balance
• Reviewing all the accounts receivable age analysis on a weekly and monthly basis ensuring that all customer age analysis balancing.
• Preparation of stock variance reports on daily basis.
• Assisting in the preparation of the Audit files and finalization of year end accounts.
• Filing of all statutory obligations such as NAPSA, NHIMA, PAYE and VAT on a timely basis.
• Preparation of provisional and final income tax returns.
• Ensuring that all documents are properly filed.
• Assisting in the Preparation of Management Accounts.
• Posting journals into the system.
• Any other duties assigned by supervisor.
• Grade 12 Certificate
• ZICA II, ACCA II, CIMA II or Diploma in Accountancy
• At least (2) two years’ experience in an manufacturing accounting environment
• Required computer literacy levels
• Strong Excel skills and knowledge of an accounting package
• Strong, conceptual and problem-solving skills.
• Detailed process and analytical ability.
• Strong verbal / analytical reasoning ability.
• Customer Service orientated.
• Operational and Process excellence.
• Ability to work in pressured and deadline-driven operating environment
• Ability to self-manage workload and work independently
• Detail-orientated with the technical aptitude and ability to perform tasks accurately and comprehensively.
• Results driven, bias for action and a passion for excellence.
• Should be tax cautious and be able to compute taxes in a timely manner.
Deadline of this Job: 14 November 2022JOB DETAILS:
Agile, curious, resilient! If any of these words describe you, then apply for our 2023 internship program.
Do you have a degree or professional qualification in Accounting, Finance or Marketing?
Apply today for the following opportunities:
Finance and Accounting Intern – x2
Marketing and Business Development Intern – x2
Deadline of this Job: 22 November 2022JOB DETAILS:
The role aims to be recognized as a trusted finance team member. This role supports the finance lead in all training and development activities to develop best-in-class finance professionals and assists in developing their finance team. This role supports a robust control and compliance environment and contributes to implement EMEA Operations Finance innovations and projects.
What will I be doing?
This role assists in any other way deemed necessary for the efficient overall operation of the Accounts Officer. The role will support and contribute to smooth operations in Finance. Operation in full compliance with the policy, regulatory and contractual framework. The role will business partner with all hotel finance team members and a broad range of internal and external stakeholders, including Human Resources, Supply Management, Commercial and Operations. The role will participate in all relevant Finance development programs. In case of a joint job role any responsibility relevant joint job descriptions will apply in accordance with Hilton’s job segregation policies.
What are we looking for?
• Ability to analyze large volume of complex financial information from many sources and create reports, forecasts, and projections
• Strong problem solving skills, including ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others as appropriate
• Ability to proactively identify and prevent potential problems
• Ability to help develop problem solving skills among direct reports and other team members as appropriate
• Ability to take initiative to identify, prioritize and implement all elements required for team to fulfill responsibilities
• Detail oriented and organized
• Ability to develop presentations and effectively present to all levels of company, hotels & owners.
• Strong communication and negotiation skills (all levels of management and external customers)
• Proficient in MS Excel, Word and Outlook with the ability to quickly learn new programs when required
• file NAPSA, PACRA, WCF, PAYE, VAT, WHT, Business licensing etc.
• Verification of collections and banking of collections
• Maintain creditors list. Prepare and execute payments.
• Effective and efficient follow up of queries
• Organisation and execution of monthly stock takes
• Ensure systematic filing of documents and electronic information
• Prepare and monitor annual budgets
• Treasury management
• Compile monthly accounts
• Diploma in Accounting, Equivalent or better
• Valid Manual driving license
• Minimum of two years’ Experience in a similar role
• Member of ZICA
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Hilton Garden Inn – Lusaka
Hilton Garden Inn