Deadline of this Job: 22 November 2022JOB DETAILS:
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
The assistant Training officer – H.E.R. will provide training services to students as well as optimise the workshop for training. Role reports to the training Officer (HER).
• This position will be required to adhere to all relevant Requirements, Policies, Procedures and Legal Regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as Finance, Human Resources, and any other Regulations as required by the Company and relevant to the level of the role and Responsibilities of the Function.
• The individual must be able to perform each essential functions/duties satisfactorily including:
• Review and execute technical training in HER materials including Lesson Plans, Procedures, Handbooks/Manuals and Standard Work Instructions.
• Review and execute testing and evaluation methods used to determine needs and competence levels of all learners.
• Conduct regular hands on classroom training with learners.
• Partner with internal stakeholders and liaise with experts regarding instructional design.
• Regularly update and maintain training records in INX
• Practices safe work habits and follow general safety procedures
• Practices good housekeeping including clutter-free work area and general cleaning;
• Ensures lockout procedures are followed any time the equipment is being cleaned or maintained.
• Monitor leaner’s performance onsite/on the mine.
• Perform other duties within qualification as assigned.
• Full Grade 12 Certificate
• Advanced certificate in Heavy Equipment Repair or any equivalent or higher
• Minimum certificate in Teaching Methodology from a recognized institution
• Minimum 5 years of hands on and technical teaching experience
• Good technical skills, including engineering workshop skills.
• Must be an accredited trainer by TEVETA
• Must be a member of EIZ
• Bold Initiative
• Thinking Safety
• Upholding Quality
• Driving Quantity
• Driving Attendance
• Positive Attitude
• Excellent Computer Literacy
• Good Communication Skills.
• Fluency in English
• Attention to details
Deadline of this Job: 22 November 2022JOB DETAILS:
Reporting to: Maintenance Training Coordinator
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Trainer – Fabrication.
Reporting to the Maintenance Training Coordinator, your duties will include but not limited to the following;
• Develop and implement training programs for fabrication and welding team which include on-the-job training.
• Deliver approved packages on metal fabrication and welding related field including safety packages to agreed standards.
• Conducting training needs Analysis as required and ensuring validity of training programs.
• Develop, document and revise metal fabrication and welding specialized training packages and SWP (standard Working procedures) as per standard course development process to meet current training needs and state of the art technology.
• Provision of ongoing technical support to Fabricators and Welders who have received training.
• Monitor the training compliance with the requirements of Maintenance Welding and Fabrication trades
• Maintain Training records of employees both electronically and hard copies in compliance with company procedures
• Any other duties as directed by the supervisor
Experience & Qualifications
• Grade Twelve Certificate.
• Advanced Technician Certificate in Metal Fabrication and Welding or equivalent
• Teaching methodology qualification
• Certificate in IV Workplace Training and Assessment/ Training and Development qualification (or equivalent)
• Must have Specialized welding skills e.g Coded welding, MIG Welding, TIG Welding
• Able to read and interpret Blueprints.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Fabrication Training role
• Strong Safety knowledge also added advantage.
• Member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ)Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to applyApplicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.
• If you meet the requirements, submit your online application by clicking ‘APPLY NOW’.
Our mission is to be the world’s most valued gold and copper mining business. We are committed to partnering with our host countries and communities to transform their natural resources into tangible benefits and mutual prosperity.
With operating mines and projects in 18 countries, Barrick’s highly diversified workforce is drawn almost entirely from our host nations and equipped with world-class skills. We set the gold standard in sustainability by embedding environmental, social and economic considerations into all of our business decisions.