Deadline of this Job: 11 November 2022JOB DETAILS:
A reputable Commercial Bank is looking for a suitably qualified, vibrant and self-motivated individual to fill the position below:
Position Title: Country Head Legal
Location: Head Office
Reporting to: Country Managing Director
Functions and Responsibilities
• Organizing, preparing agenda as well as taking minutes of board meetings, annual general meetings (AGMs), and Executive Management committee meetings of the parent company;
• Organizing the Annual Board Retreat;
• Maintaining statutory books, including registers of members, directors and secretaries;
• Handling all correspondence, collating information, writing reports and ensuring that decisions made by the board are communicated to the relevant company stakeholders;
• Liaising monitoring the Bank’s Registrar to ensure that the Bank obtains optimum value from their engagement
• Contributing to meeting discussions, as and when required, and advising directors of the legal, governance, implications of proposed policies
• Review all documents presented for drawdown on credit facility to ensure that the Bank’s interest is adequately protected and conditions precedent met before disbursement.
• Be responsible for preparing, reviewing, analyzing and negotiating legal, credit and security related documents.
• Ensuring that all the Bank’s internal written policies and procedures are in compliance with regulatory requirements
• Develop policies, processes and procedures for managing reputational risks within all of the Bank’s business units, products, activities, processes and systems
• Act as a liaison with outside counsel.
• Ensuring the due perfection and protection of the Bank’s interest in securities and the Bank owned properties.
• Providing transactional and general support to the Investment Banking Division.
• Provide appropriate legal support to the Bank Remedial Asset Group in recovery of credit facilities.
• Provide advisory services to the various units and sections of the Bank on their activities.
• Conduct Annual Quality Assurance Review of the Bank’s facility and security documentation.
• Conduct periodic performance assessment review of external counsels retained by the Bank.
• Any other duties as may be assigned/deemed necessary by Country MD
Skill and competencies
• Knowledge and understanding of banking operations (international & domestic)
• Legal financial planning
• Good policy development and management capabilities
• Legal documentation
• Legal Advice
• Regulatory Knowledge
• Corporate Governance
• Compliance Monitoring
• Banking Industry Knowledge
• Financial Industry Knowledge
• Knowledge and understanding of Financial Regulations (Domestic & International)
• Knowledge and understanding of Risk Management and Financial Standards (Domestic & International)
• Strategic Focus/ Orientation
• Integrity and Discretion
• Initiative/ Proactive
• Analytical skills / Problem solving
• Resilience, Tenacity and Integrity
• Interpersonal skills
• Communication (oral & written)
Qualifications and Experience
• A good first Bachelor’s Degree in Law and BL.
• Practicing license/ Professional Membership
• A recognized professional certification will be an added advantage
Please clearly indicate the job title in the subject of your email and use your full name and the job you are applying for as the filename of your application. Applications should consist of your cover letter and CV only, in a single document. Hand delivered or posted applications will not be accepted. The closing date for accepting applications is 11th November, 2022. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline of this Job: 14 November 2022JOB DETAILS:
Zambeef Products PLC is the largest integrated cold chain food products and agribusiness company in Zambia and one of the largest in the Southern Africa region. It is involved in the primary production, processing, distribution and retailing of beef, chicken, pork, eggs, dairy, fish, flour, stock feed and day-old chicks throughout Zambia and the surrounding region.
LEGAL OFFICER – ZAMBEEF PRODUCTS PLC- HEAD OFFICE (1)
Zambeef Products PLC is an equal opportunity employer. We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic candidate for the role outlined below. Women are therefore encouraged to apply. We invite applications for suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of Legal Officer. The position reports to the Company Secretary and Group Head of Legal.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing legal advice and services to the business while ensuring legal compliance and proactively identifying legal risks and mitigation actions.
• Providing sound advice to different departments of the Company on Administrative, Contractual and general legal matters in accordance with existing laws
• Providing support in the drafting and implementation of company policies and procedures in accordance with the law.
• Providing legal support and technical advice in drafting, implementing, reviewing and amendments of Company Policies, Contracts, Memoranda of Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements and Consultancy Agreements.
• Manage all contracts and documents between the Company and third parties
• Manage all contracting processes
• Ensuring that copies of all key Group Contracts and secretarial contracts are well-managed and maintained
• Implement a plan for dissemination of legal awareness across the business
• Conducting training on major laws affecting the business.
• Conducting research, drafting Legal documents, interpreting laws, rules and regulations and monitoring changes in legislation
• Day-to-day contact person for all legal queries
• Bachelor of Laws Degree (LLB) or equivalent legal qualification.
• At least three-year experience in both private legal practice.
• Admission to the Zambian Bar
• Advocate of the High Court of Zambia
• Member of the Law Association of Zambia
• Business and financial acumen;
• Skilled in: drafting; dispute management; partnering and relationship building; influencing; and negotiating
• High proficiency in MS Word and other Microsoft Office packages
The Required Attributes Include:
• Strong research and analytical skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• High level of integrity
• Excellent reporting skills
• Excellent written and spoken English
• Presentation skills