Deadline of this Job: 15 November 2022JOB DETAILS:
Zambia Postal Services Corporation (ZamPost) is the national postal service provider. The Corporation exists under the revised Postal Services Act of 2009. The Corporation is inviting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Procurement Manager.
Grade and Station
This is a Senior Management position and is at Grade P9. The workstation is ZamPost Headquarters, Ndola.
The Procurement Manager will report to the Postmaster General and will be directly responsible for the line management of the Procurement Department.
To be responsible for implementing the Corporation’s procurement strategy, preparing and implementing the procurement plan and budget to ensure the supply of goods and services as required in the implementation of the Corporation’s business strategy. Additionally, the jobholder implements the procurement policies and procedures, and the procurement laws and regulations to ensure the Corporation is protected from risks associated with noncompliance.
The main duties or responsibilities of the Procurement Manager include but are not limited to the following:-
1. Implements the Corporation procurement strategy to ensure the procurement department supplies goods and services required in the implementation of the business strategy in a timely manner.
2. Prepares and implements the procurement work plan to support the implementation of the procurement strategy to support the timely delivery of goods and services critical for the successful implementation of the Corporation strategy.
3. Consolidates the Corporation procurement plan to ensure all requirements for all user departments/directorates are captured in a timely and holistic manner.
4. Prepares the Corporation procurement budget in a timely manner for timely approval and allocation of sufficient resources for the implementation of the procurement plan.
5. Implements the Corporation procurement policies and procedures to support compliance with the procurement act.
6. Provides input and suggestions on areas of improvement for the procurement policies and procedures to enhance efficiency and effectiveness in the procurement process.
7. Conducts market research to identify changes in market trends and best practices, in order to make recommendations on enhancements in the procurement process.
8. Coordinates the preparation and signing of contracts to ensure the contracts are favorable to the Corporation and are compliant with the procurement laws, and for the contracts to be signed in a timely manner.
9. Monitors the filing of procurement records to ensure the records are complete, accurate, and easily accessible when required in the provision of procurement services.
10. Facilitates the payment of suppliers in a timely manner in order to enhance the responsiveness of suppliers to the Corporation’s needs in the procurement of goods and services.
11. Facilitates and monitors the prequalification of suppliers to ensure the prequalification is done in a timely manner and the most qualified suppliers are selected.
12. Coordinates inventory management to support cost management and efficiency in the management of re-order levels to ensure the availability of items when needed for minimal disruptions to business operations.
13. Prepares regular reports for management to ensure any procurement gaps are identified and resolved in a timely manner for minimal disruptions in the implementation of the Corporation’s business strategy.
14. Facilitate and manage procurement processes, tendering, negotiation, contract award, and ongoing contract management. Coordination and management of agreements to ensure that service levels and price competitiveness is maintained or enhanced.
15. Support Senior Management in the management of a complex and varied contracts portfolio.
Nature of Decision Making
• Grade 12 Certificate with 5 ‘O’ levels with credit or better in Mathematics and English
• BSc in Purchasing & Supply, Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, BA Degree in Public Administration or equivalent from a recognized University. Masters Degree especially in Business Administration or Supply Chain Management will be an added advantage
• Post Graduate Diploma in Purchasing and Supply for those with Business Administration or equivalent
• Post Graduate Diploma in Purchasing and Supply (CIPS-UK)
• Valid membership with the Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply (ZIPS) (minimum category – member).
• Must be 30 to 50 years old.
• Minimum five (5) proven work experience in a similar role
Attributes and skills
• Procurement strategy formulation, implementation, and monitoring
• Procurement Act
• Procurement policies and procedure
• Supplies and materials management
• Strategic thinking and planning
• Stakeholder management
• Risk management
• Project management
• Analytical thinking
• Budgeting and planning
• Report writing
• Relationship management
• Decision making
Deadline of this Job: 22 November 2022JOB DETAILS:
We’re looking for Riders. If you possess the requirements stated below, you’re welcome to join our team.
Candidates must have:
• Class A Drivers License no less than 2 years old.
• Grade 12 certificate.
• A SMART phone.
• Previous experience in courier/deliveries is an added advantage.
• Any other qualification (e.g. sales, marketing, etc.) is an added advantage.
• Aged between 25 and 40 years old.
• Male /Female are ALL welcome.