Request for Proposals (RFP) at Road Development Agency
RDA/CS/ONS/014/022: CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR DETAILED DESIGN, PREPARATION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS & SUPERVISION OF UPGRADING TO BITUMINOUS STANDARD OF 216KM OF THE MPOROKOSO-KASABA BAY ROAD (D37/D38) VIA SUMBU AND NSAMA TOWN IN NORTHERN PROVINCE
1. The Road Development Agency (the Client) was allocated funds from the Government of the Republic of Zambia in the 2022 Road Sector Annual Work Plan (RSAWP) and intends to apply the funds to cover eligible payments under the contract for which this Request for Proposals has been issued. Payments by the Client will be made only at the request of the Authorized Representative, and will be subject, in all respects, to the terms and conditions of the Contract. The Government prohibits a withdrawal from the funds for the purpose of any payment to persons or entities, or for any import of goods, if such payment or import is prohibited by a decision of the United Nations Security council taken under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations.
2. The Client now invites proposal to provide the following consulting services (hereinafter called "Services"): "Consultancy Services for Detailed Design, Preparation of Tender Documents & Supervision of the upgrading to bituminous standard of 216km of the Mporokoso - Kasaba Bay Road (D37/D38) via Sumbu and Nsama town in Northern Province". More details on the Services are provided in the Terms of Reference (Section 7).
3. This Request for Proposals (RFP) has been advertised through Open National Selection procedures in accordance with Section 41 of the Public Procurement Act No.8 of 2020 and is open to citizen bidders who are registered to provide engineering services by the Engineering Institution of Zambia.
4. A firm will be selected under Quality-and-Cost-Based Selection (QCBS) procedures and in a Full Technical Proposal (FTP) format as described in this RFP, in accordance with the Zambia Public Procurement Regulations, which are available on http://www.zppa.org.zm.
5. The RFP may be purchased from the Procurement Department, Road
Development Agency Headquarters, Fairley Road, Lusaka, for a nonrefundable fee of ZMW 2,000.00. The method of payment will be cash deposited into the Agency's account or bank certified cheque and the bank details are as follows.
Bank: Zambia National Commercial Bank Plc
Account Name: Road Development Agency
Account Number: 0393996300530
Branch: Government Complex
Branch Code: 084
Swift Code: ZNCOZMLU
6. The RFP includes the following documents and is available at