Deadline of this Job: 02 December 2022JOB DETAILS:
Type: Full-time Two (2) Year Fixed Term Contract
The successful applicant will provide financial support to manager by undertaking daily accounting activities in order to enhance accountability of funds.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be required to:
• Accurately maintain books of account in order to facilitate efficient storage and retrieval of information
• Undertake timely banking of revenue collections in order to safeguard funds
• Timely preparation of monthly expenditure statements in order to monitor levels of expenditure
• Timely preparation of financial reports in order to facilitate decision making
• Make electronic, cheque and cash payments
• Handle all records for daily cash sales, card payments, insurance, give invoices and receipts to clients.
• Debt recovery
• Ensure NAPSA, PAYE, NHIMA are is submitted and payments are made on time
• Filling of PACRA Annual returns.
• Ensure compliance certificates from statutory bodies are collected and filed.
• Preparation of monthly Payroll and printing of pay slips.
• Preparation of records for the year end external Audits
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications:
The candidate must possess;
• Full Grade 12 Certificate
• ZICA Licentiate / Advanced Diploma or Degree in Accountancy/ ACCA Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business/ CIMA Advanced Diploma in Management Accounting or equivalent.
• Minimum of three (3) years proven relevant experience
• Good Interpersonal and Communication Skills
• Must be a member of ZICA
• Excellent knowledge of MS Excel and pastel
• Analytical skills
• Able to communicate effectively in English
• Proactive and Team Player
• Ability to manage multiple priorities
• Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision
• Ability to handle confidential information ethically and with integrity
Deadline of this Job: 05 December 2022JOB DETAILS:
This role reports to the Audit & Risk Manager. It will be responsible for performing audits of functions and activities as assigned by Internal Audit management. Work will involve leading in the conduct of performance, financial and compliance audit assignments and providing consulting services to the Authority’s management and staff. It will also assist in assessing the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls, governance and risk management processes.
The key functions of the role will include but not limited to;
•Identify and recommend changes to the audit universe and participate in risk identification and assessment process and preparation of the risk-based Annual Audit Plan;
•Perform financial, operational and compliance audits of assigned functions, business processes, and application controls in supporting ICT systems including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analysing evidence and documenting client processes and procedures,
•Develop the planning memo, preliminary survey and audit program for each audit assignment,
•Lead the audit team in execution of audit program during fieldwork including documenting, evaluating and testing systems and controls to determine their adequacy and effectiveness,
•Identify, develop, and document audit issues and recommendations using independent judgement concerning areas being reviewed,
•Prepare and maintain work papers, review working papers prepared by internal auditors, following up on the clearance of review points and evaluating the sufficiency and appropriateness of audit evidence to support conclusions drawn,
•Prepare the draft audit report reflecting an overview of the function reviewed, conclusions regarding the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls and operational efficiencies,
•Supervise and coach internal auditors throughout the audit with a view to ensuring conformity with the Standards,
•Follow up and report on implementation of internal and external audit recommendations in order to validate resolution of the issues,
•Develop and maintain productive client and staff relationships through individual contacts and group meetings,
•Perform audits procedures of business processes, functions and application controls in supporting IT systems, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence and documenting client processes and procedures,
•Appraise staff after each audit assignment, quarterly, semi-annual and annual basis, and
•Communicate or assist in communicating the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations to auditee.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor of Accountancy or Full ACCA/CIMA
• Grade 12 School Certificate with five (5) ‘O’ Levels (Credit or better including Mathematics and English).
• Must be a fully paid-up member of ZICA.
• At least four (4) years working experience in Internal or External Audit
• Certifications in CISA/CIA added advantage.
Competencies required for this Role
•Proficiency in applying internal auditing standards, procedures and techniques required in performing engagements;
•An understanding of management principles to recognize and evaluate the materiality and significance of deviations from best practices;
•Considerable knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices, and management principles and preferred business practices.
•Knowledge of the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics developed by the Institute of Internal Auditors;
•Knowledge of management information systems terminology, concepts and practices;
•Knowledge of industry program policies, procedures, regulations and laws;
•Skill in conducting quality control reviews of audit work products.
•Skill in collecting and analysing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions;
•Considerable skill in planning and project management, and in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines;
•Skill in negotiating issues and resolving problems;
•Considerable skill in using a computer with word processing, spreadsheet and other business software to prepare reports, memos, summaries and analyses;
•Considerable skill in effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations;
•Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, staff and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment;
•Considerable skill in assessing the effectiveness of internal controls over key IT risks, identifying significant exposures, analysing transactions and other management information and detecting changes in key risks and/or control effectiveness. Skill in developing appropriate recommendations to address exposures;
•Knowledge of generally accepted IS audit standards, statements and practices, and IS security and control practices; and
•Ability to learn new operations quickly and work independently.
Deadline of this Job: 09 December 2022JOB DETAILS:
The Financial Analyst will be responsible for consolidating and analyzing financial data, taking into account group’s goals and financial standing. Provide creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance. Assembling and summarizing data to structure sophisticated reports on financial status and risk.
Summary of Key Responsibilities;
• Consolidate and analyze financial data (budgets, income statement forecasts etc) taking into account company’s goals and financial standing
• Provide creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance
• Assemble and summarize data to structure sophisticated reports on financial status and risks
• Develop financial models, conduct bench marking and process analysis
• Conduct business studies on past, future and comparative performance and develop forecast models
• Identify trends, advise company and recommend actions to a senior financial analyst based on sound analysis
• Track and determine financial status by analyzing actual results in comparison with forecasts
• Reconcile transactions by comparing and correcting data
• Gain and update job knowledge to remain informed about novelty in the field
• Work closely with the CFO and the Executive Team to guide and influence long term and strategic decision making within the broadest scope
• Drive process improvement and policy development initiatives that impact the function
• Business awareness, leadership and management skills;
• High Analytical skills
• Proficient in spreadsheets, databases, MS Office and financial software applications
• Vested in statistical analysis and statistical packages
• Excellent presentation, reporting and communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships with people at all levels;
Qualification and Experience
• Full CA Zambia, ACCA or CIMA
• Degree in Finance, Economics or related field
• Must have a minimum of 5-7 proven working experience as a Financial Analyst
• Working experience as a Financial Planning Analyst will be a plus
• Sound knowledge of IFRS and Taxation rules
• Proven knowledge of financial forecasting and diagnosis, corporate finance and information analysis
• SAP system experience
• Must be conversant with the current financial subjects, accounting, tax laws, money market and business environments
• Must be a member of ZICA