Deadline of this Job: 24 December 2022
SNV Netherlands Development Organisation
SNV is a non-profit international development organisation established in the Netherlands in 1965. For over 50 years, SNV has been at the forefront of development, helping to build local capacity and empower local families and communities to break the cycle of poverty. We are present on the ground in 30 developing countries in Africa, Asia, Middle East and South America and operate in Agrifood systems, Renewable Energy, and Water. Our 1,200+ advisors in the field come from a variety of cultural and technical backgrounds, and the vast majority are nationals of the countries where we work.
Established in Zambia in 1965, SNV is one of Zambia’s leading INGOs and works with locally based development partners including national and local government, civil society organisations and businesses to develop the capacities of local communities and alleviate poverty. For more information, please refer to our website: www.snvworld.org.
Support of Information Technology Function working closely with the Operations Officer(s) to:
• Set up, configure, and install dedicated software on organisation’s devices including but not limited to laptops, desktops, tablets, mobile phones, and printers.
• Provide IT delivery support to staff and servicing of devices ensuring that user problems are always resolved in a timely manner.
• Offer first and second level technical support to end users with best customer care practices.
• Support business applications and ERP as SAP.
• Analyse user and network requirements and implementing changes as and when approved.
• Assist in other administrative functions for the Operations department.
• Ensuring a monitoring system is in place for the ICT infrastructure used by the organisation.
• Support the operations officer(s) in IT asset management.
• Conduct trainings and feedback evaluations for end users.
Functional Competencies - demonstrated ability in:
• Innovation-Develops new, better or significantly different ideas, methods, solutions or initiatives that result in improvement of organization’s performance and meeting objectives, results and global commitments.
• Accountability - Holds self and others accountable for all work activities, research and personal actions and decisions; follows through on commitments and focuses on those activities that have the greatest impact on meeting measurable high-quality results for organization's success. Exercises ethical practices, respectful words and behaviours, and equitable treatment of others in all activities.
• Service Excellence - Knowledge of and ability to put into action customer service concepts, processes, and techniques to access internal and/or external client needs and expectations, and meet or exceed those needs and expectations through providing excellent service directly or indirectly.
• Client Relationship Management - Knowledge and ability to determine and satisfy current client needs and maintain a partnering relationship during engagements; includes influencing, communicating, presenting, facilitating, Build and manage new relationships and collaborative alliances.
• Strategic Thinking - Applies organizational knowledge to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for the organization while recognizing, anticipating and resolving organizational challenges. Ability to develop organization- and industry-specific expertise and apply sound decision making processes to reach productive resolutions that translates strategy into actionable business plans.
• Business Acumen - Knowledge, insight, and application of business concepts, tools, and processes that are required for making sound decisions in the context of the organization's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations; including supporting, identifying, assessing, and/or securing new business for the organization.
• Effective Communication (Oral and Written) - Understands effective communication concepts, tools, and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience; and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate professional communication behaviour.
• Possess valuable computing skills with sufficient experience in using Microsoft packages and SAP ERP.
• Possess excellent technical knowledge in configuring and troubleshooting of network devices such as switches, routers, access points, firewall etc.
• Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first-year university degree Programme (minimum bachelor’s level or equivalent) or equivalent tertiary institution.
• A diploma or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or related field (Must have graduated within the last 12 months).
• Students pursuing post-graduate studies should be in the process of completing their degrees and wish to gain experience in the field in which they are enrolled.
• Previous working or internship experience in an IT role in a donor funded development project will be of added advantage.
• Attentive to details
• Proven ability in steering operations in a fast-paced environment along with people management.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
• Excellent Communication skills, adaptability, flexibility, high Integrity, client orientation, exactness, result oriented, excellent customer service, multi-tasking.
• Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment is essential, in an International NGO an advantage.
A valid driving license with a minimum of 2 years driving experience will be of added advantage.
Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of Zambian languages is desirable. There is no age limit. Female candidates are vividly encouraged to apply.
Terms of Appointment
This is an Internship position to be based at Lusaka office. The successful candidate shall be contracted for a period of 3 months with possibility of extension up to 6 months.
Interested candidates meeting the minimum requirements may apply by submitting a Cover Letter and CV on or before 24th December, 2022.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Any form of solicitation by phone or other means will be treated as disqualification of the candidate. SNV is an equal employment provider.
Hollard Life Assurance Zambia is a leading insurance organization whose operations in Zambia started in 2011 and has since experienced steady, consistent and stable growth within the insurance business to gain itself a reputable name among the leading life Insurers in Zambia. Hollard Life Assurance Zambia was recently certified 2020 Top employer of Choice by Top employer Institute on their latest list. This recognition goes to Africa’s leading employers of choice, each demonstrating exceptional human resources practices. Hollard is known for providing careers that create #Better Futures.
Hollard Life Assurance Zambia is currently looking for an Innovative, Imaginative, team players and excellent individuals who can deliver with care and dignity for our customers, shareholders and for team Hollard to fill the above vacant position.
This role exists to manage the onboarding process of all HL new business policies and group schemes ensuring that all product and schemes rules are adhered to.
Key Result Areas
• IB Policy capturing, verification and processing
• New Premium Lodgements
• Client Communication on NB Decisions
• File Lodgements
• Insurance/Risk Management/Administration Diploma/Degree
• Excellent Attention to details
• Underwriting Skills
• Good communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels.